Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:37 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

I don't have a dog in the fight and couldn't care less, but I wonder how it would go over in the Muslim/Arab world.

Those nutjobs went ape**** when some dude drew a cartoon of Muhammad, I could imagine those crazy nutters getting all worked up in to a froth over this one.

That's fine... China has a like a billion people, let the crazies of the Muslim world distract China with their nonsense for a while.

Maybe that might slow down the garbage we import from them for a bit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
What would happen if Muslim terrorists started attacking China with terrorist bombings?
What would China do?

Or would Muslim terrorists be scared to do terrorist bombings in China?
(The Chinese are fearless, direct, and savage. Look at the way they copy our patents, "dump" under-priced products on the US market, hack into US government computers, manipulate currency values, remove prisoners organs and sell them, ex.,ex.)

China has advanced fighter jets, advanced missiles, battle ships, the ability to do cyber attacks, and a very large well armed army. And China's border touches Pakistan, nearly touches Afghanistan, and Iran is open to a battleship attack. I apologize for speaking like a armchair general (I hate war.)

But what would China do if Muslims attacked them, or would Muslims be scared to attack them, or would China not severely attack Muslim countries out of fear of spending too much money and loosing access to oil?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
China is doing whatever it has to in order to prevent them from turning into what other countries are struggling with now.

You can bet that China is not going to have to deal with diversity issues
You only have to look as far as Western Europe particularly in the UK and France to see how bending over backwards and doing everything you can to accomodate Muslims does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to placate them. Are they more happier that you did so much to meet the needs of their crappy religion and beliefs? Nope. They just want MORE. The more you give, the more they demand until it comes to a point where people start putting their feet down and saying no and then you become an 'islamophobe' for not being tolerant of them. This despite the fact that you and your government were MUCH more tolerant and sensitive to their needs than many of the craphole nations that these Muslims fled from.

I just wish more countries would have a backbone like China does and stop catering to Muslims in the belief that they will eventually be our friends or at least not be hostile towards us anymore. Never. Going. To happen.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:23 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
What would happen if Muslim terrorists started attacking China with terrorist bombings?
What would China do?

Or would Muslim terrorists be scared to do terrorist bombings in China?
(The Chinese are fearless, direct, and savage. Look at the way they copy our patents, "dump" under-priced products on the US market, hack into US government computers, manipulate currency values, remove prisoners organs and sell them, ex.,ex.)

China has advanced fighter jets, advanced missiles, battle ships, the ability to do cyber attacks, and a very large well armed army. And China's border touches Pakistan, nearly touches Afghanistan, and Iran is open to a battleship attack. I apologize for speaking like a armchair general (I hate war.)

But what would China do if Muslims attacked them, or would Muslims be scared to attack them, or would China not severely attack Muslim countries out of fear of spending too much money and loosing access to oil?
There have been terror attacks in China but not of the magnitude of 9-11. I do think that islam fears attacking China more than it does the US. As for how far China will go, that's hard to tell, but I think it is only a matter of time until we find out. Muslims are carrying out terror attacks in non-muslim countries all over the world. I think they are more afraid to attack China but I do think that attack will eventually come. The best thing for China to do at that point is actually retaliate against islam and not invade some other third party country that has nothing to do with anything while appeasing islam within its borders.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

I just wish more countries would have a backbone like China does and stop catering to Muslims in the belief that they will eventually be our friends or at least not be hostile towards us anymore. Never. Going. To happen.
Fortunately in America, we can't pick and choose who gets Constitutional rights no matter what you cons desire. Sorry to burst your bubble. Never. Going. To happen.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Per the OPs link:

Quote:
During Ramadan, Muslims around the world fast from dawn to dusk and strive to be more pious.
Really more pious? Tell that to the Muslims in Gaza firing rockets daily at a farming village in Israel.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Nope, not our problem, just hilarious to watch you all cheer for this compared to how you would react if it were a Christian minority in a foreign country.
you all? Kindly show me a post where I even support any religion of any kind.
I never have and never will.
I am Buddhist but I don't force it on anyone or want it part of governance.
I actually detest bible bangers as extremists.
Wait I am wrong. I have posted that I don't see what the issue is if some want to pray before a football game or use the moment of silence before class for prayer. I don't see that it harms anyone. I don't care if it is a Muslim prayer, a christian prayer or a buddhist prayer. It is an individual thing.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
China is doing whatever it has to in order to prevent them from turning into what other countries are struggling with now.

You can bet that China is not going to have to deal with diversity issues
Yes it will. The west will make sure of it. They have a very high Christian growth rate...and they will have to be nice to Christians, or else technologically advanced western trade partners will become very irritated.

At some point, that atheistic state could become 50/50 Christian/atheist...with a powerful central government everybody wants to fight over.

Their only hope is to begin some type of blanket protection program...where most to all beliefs are gauranteed certain amounts of freedom...where they can't do stuff like banning Ramadan. (I think). Maybe that could reduce tensions enough that they don't blow each other up.

Last edited by Clintone; 07-02-2014 at 10:57 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 10:50 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
You only have to look as far as Western Europe particularly in the UK and France to see how bending over backwards and doing everything you can to accomodate Muslims does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to placate them. Are they more happier that you did so much to meet the needs of their crappy religion and beliefs? Nope. They just want MORE. The more you give, the more they demand until it comes to a point where people start putting their feet down and saying no and then you become an 'islamophobe' for not being tolerant of them. This despite the fact that you and your government were MUCH more tolerant and sensitive to their needs than many of the craphole nations that these Muslims fled from.

I don't want any religion made illegal (although I like the idea of parents that don't give their kids life-preserving medical care being jailed). That would create a sense of instability. We wouldn't know whose views would next be made illegal. I view a degree of tolerance as for our own benefit, more than for the benefit of Muslims. If the Chinese would create a similar sense of stability through a blanket protection of religions to a certain degree...I think there would be more hope for them when they become a more religious (and therefore probably more divided) nation, due to the rapid growth of Christianity there.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:43 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:

I would agree with you, except for the following. In less than 50 years computer technology will give everyday educated people the ability to make biological weapons (and perhaps less time for Arab terrorists with government connections.)

I don't want a biological weapon being released in America and millions of people getting killed. I would like to make friends with the Arabs, before the day comes they kill millions of Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies