Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:30 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Except breaking second hand smoke is bad for you, seeing a gun isn't.
"Except breaking (breathing) second hand smoke is bad for you" That was debunked years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 07:00 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGMONoChemtrail View Post
The 2nd amendment needs to be abolished and all the guns and high powered weaponry EVERYWHERE should be destroyed. They don't serve any good purpose whatsoever.

go take a look at the statistics for people murdered in the 20th century. you will find that the most people murdered in the 20th century were all murdered by their own government, and they all did that terrible crime because the people they had murdered had no means to protect themselves at all, because their government got rid of all the private ownership of firearms through progressive gun control legislation.

so please, if you want firearms destroyed, please look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself are you willing to responsible for millions of murders committed by government because the people have no means of self defense.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:25 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Would that little town you live in be this one?

Town at Lake of the Ozarks bans open carrying of guns to avoid scaring off tourists : News

Just wondering.... the way you describe it, it sounds awful similar?
Nope! We year round, retired residents love to scare off tourists!

Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nope! We year round, retired residents love to scare off tourists!

Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,983,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
So telling you that they don't want it in their stores isn't enough? You are still going to disrespect their establishment by bringing in a firearm. You don't need a gun in target.
That's right. I'm a legal concealed handgun carrier in Texas and until they do what they are legally required to do (which is post the mandated 30.06 sign) to prevent me from carrying in their store, I will.

I've never "felt the need" to carry in any store either but the minute you aren't prepared is when you'll need it.....think Luby's, think Parmer Walmart, think yogurt shop......so you can't tell me it doesn't happen.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Default Major retailer's firearms policy creates danger for customers

Once again the leftist utopia of a gun free zone proves to be bad for the law abiding and good for the criminals. Go figure....

Target’s gun ban backfires: Here come the robbers

Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbb View Post
That happened in the parking lot.

~~~~> Next??
Next??

Here ya go: Man Fatally Shot Outside Target Store in Van Nuys; 1 in Custody | KTLA

Try to follow along here because you may find this difficult to comprehend.

The parking lot is in front of the store.

People who park in the lot are going into the store.

The store management has asked people not to bring guns into the store.

Therefore, criminals are more likely to assume that people in the parking lot in front of the store are unarmed.

Please let me know if you don't grasp this and I'll try to come up with a remedial version.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I support the 2nd but I have no doubt you can find examples of people getting robbed in the parking lot of any chain store in the same time frame.

Besides that they didn't ban guns. They made a request. It's their stores and should be able to operate them as they see fit. People need to quit trying to make others bend to their will where there is no requirement to do so.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:06 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
If this happened in NJ these robbers would face stiff jail time for illegal possession of weapons.

If they ever get caught that is.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:16 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbb View Post
That happened in the parking lot.

~~~~> Next??
Yep, that's where the shoppers park their car when they go into target...

Failure on your part....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies