Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> I thought that was Monsanto's doing? Nobody wants to talk about the dead bees, no money in it.
It's not just one company using the 'bad' stuff. Add in our obsession with lawns, over-fertilized and over-pesticided, which are basically a 'dead' zone for insect life. Plus there's evidence that our electro-magnetic fueled society may be messing with the bees' homing systems.

Whatever the cause, it's a bigger and more immediate issue than AGW. On that one we've got about 50 years to deal...pollinators are hanging by a thread.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:18 AM

29,520 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You really don't understand that AGW can cause extreme weather?
So much for extreme weather

Decrease in hurricanes for the US

nor tornadoes

Decrease in global hurricane energy

No increase in global drought whatsovere

Old 07-04-2014, 10:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
You may regret it....If AGW is really what caused the jet stream to move further south, your winters may get even colder.
So there we have it again. AGW causes colder, hotter, dryer, wetter, calmer, more wind, jet stream moving north and jet stream moving south.

AGW reminds me of those "do everything" knives we used to play with. It had a knife blade, a screwdriver, a fillips screwdriver, a toothpick and scissors all in one.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Global Climate Change and Its Impact on New Hampshire

Climate records from Hanover show a 3 degree F increase in yearly temperatures and a 4 degree F increase in summer temperatures over the past 150 years... http://des.nh.gov/organization/commi...nts/ard-23.pdf
I can't believe you have fallen into this trap AGAIN. Mixing weather with climate and linking unrelated events along with somebody speculating what might happen in 90 years.

From your link: "In the White Mountains, spruce forest abundance has been declining since 1800" Hmmm... since 1800..... isn't that more than 100 years BEFORE we began to seriously burn fossil fuels? But to the AGW alarmists, the decline in spruce forests is due to AGW even though the decline started 100 years before we increased CO2....... really funny.

Quote:
New England has already started to feel the effects of global climate change. Snow cover is decreasing and spring arrives earlier. Climate change in New England
From your link; "According to a report from the Northeast Climate Impacts Assessment (NECIA) team, since 1970, the Northeast has been warming at a rate of nearly .5 degrees F per decade, with winter temperatures rising faster, at a rate of 1.3 degrees F per decade from 1970 to 2000, all changes consistent with those expected to be caused by global warming. "

Yes, everything is consistent with what AGW alarmists expect because they cherry pick data to fit their predetermined result. This time they picked 3 decades to draw these conclusions. I wonder why that is?

From your link: "New England has clearly warmed since the end of the 19th century, with winter temperatures increasing more than summer temperatures, and with the greatest warming taking place in New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island. Annual precipitation has increased. While more rain has fallen in intense storms, snowfall in northern New England has decreased since 1953."

So now they are going back 110 years for some statements and only 60 years for rain. That must fit their AGW agenda.

From your link: "By late century, Concord and Manchester could experience nearly 70 days over 90°F (32°C) and more than 20 days over 100°F (38°C)."

So, these AGW alarmists think in 90 years Concord and Manchester COULD experience blah blah blah...... Yes, folks, they COULD experience ANYTHING including an invasion of the cookie monster.

From your link:" One county saw record-breaking nighttime temperatures in the summer of 2010."

Oh, cry me a lake. ONE COUNTY saw record breaking temps in ONE YEAR. Yes, folks, this is absolute proof of AGW.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So there we have it again. AGW causes colder, hotter, dryer, wetter, calmer, more wind, jet stream moving north and jet stream moving south.

AGW reminds me of those "do everything" knives we used to play with. It had a knife blade, a screwdriver, a fillips screwdriver, a toothpick and scissors all in one.
Because to you the climate is static and never changes.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I understand why big industry denies global warming. Of course they would. But why do other people?

Come to Canada and see with your own eyes. The mind truly boggles how people can be THIS partisan.
I understand why big government believes AGW. Of course they would as it is their primary driver to expand government power. But why do other people who have to pay for this hoax and enrich the wealthy class?

Yes, the mind truly boggles how people can be THIS partisan.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
While we argue and quibble -- the bees are dying off.

If they go, we've got 4 years before we go.
Yes, this is a HUGE problem and should be addressed. Unfortunately, our government has an agenda to expand it's power. Finding a solution to the bee problem does not expand government power or enrich the wealthy class so it gets very little attention. Meanwhile, funding for the AGW hoax is huge and growing.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> I thought that was Monsanto's doing? Nobody wants to talk about the dead bees, no money in it.
Correct. Follow the money.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:33 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I understand why big government believes AGW. Of course they would as it is their primary driver to expand government power. But why do other people who have to pay for this hoax and enrich the wealthy class?

Yes, the mind truly boggles how people can be THIS partisan.
Damn, there go a few more brain cells......I forgot to wear my tinfoil hat again...

Old 07-04-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because to you the climate is static and never changes.
That's a total lie and you know it (if you can read). I've posted many times that climate change is real, has changed since the beginning of time and will forever change.

You should retract your blatant lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies