Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 09:03 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Well, first, there ARE "gun extremists". However, I'd consider myself someone who is a US Citizen. That means that the Constitution is important to me. All of it. Including the 2A.

Why did I not join the military? Because I chose another career. End.

Why do I feel that I don't have to belong to the military to support the US Constitution? Because I don't.

That said...the OC Movement has done a lot of harm. I dare say, more than good.

Why are people deemed "homophobic" and ridiculed for not fully backing gay pride parades? Why are true Constitutional rights trampled on for imaginary civil rights?
We need be tolerant of that yet demonized for exercising a true right.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:15 AM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Why are people deemed "homophobic" and ridiculed for not fully backing gay pride parades?
That is very true. Liberal mindset is very perverted logic. I can't have the right the bear arms, protected by the Constitution, yet I have the duty to support Gay causes.

Liberals loathe rights of citizens, and crave to replace them with obligations to the regime.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:54 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why aren't all of you leftie Muslim extremist lovers exercising you right to free speech out in front of mosques about islams treatment of women?
How about being against both absurdly liberal gun laws and oppressive superstition?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:02 AM

double post.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
That is a hilarious attempt at ridiculing the faith of others.

1- Why do you liberals feel the urge to attack the rights of others? Why do you want to take those Constitutional rights away?

2- Is there a Government right that you also want to take away, and give back to the citizenry?

3- Govt is flooding our country with illegal aliens. Why don't you ridicule the Govt for not carrying out its duty of defending the Constitution, yet you ridicule a fellow citizen for doing so?
Isn't ridiculing the faith of others a right?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:19 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
For all the open carry enthusiasts amongst our readers: why not join the military and go carry a loaded gun where you can really defend liberty?

Gun Extremists: Why Are You 'Defending Liberty' in a Coffee Shop and Not on the Battlefield?*|*Tom Young

Enjoy your enlistment.
What a strange thread, this doesn't need to be a pro- or anti-gun debate. You need only dismiss the silly premise of the OP - there are almost 25 million veterans alive in the US. Chances are excellent that the "open carry enthusiast" has served time in the military already.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Isn't ridiculing the faith of others a right?
When you answer my questions, I will answer yours, point blank.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
For all the open carry enthusiasts amongst our readers: why not join the military and go carry a loaded gun where you can really defend liberty?

Gun Extremists: Why Are You 'Defending Liberty' in a Coffee Shop and Not on the Battlefield?*|*Tom Young

Enjoy your enlistment.
While I personally think that the people open-carrying rifles into places like Chipolte an Starbucks are doing more harm than good to the gun rights movement, I understand why they do what they do. If you want to protect gun rights enlisting won't do any good since the enemies of gun rights are domestic rather than foreign (i.e. you).

Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
When you answer my questions, I will answer yours, point blank.
As a liberal-libertarian I agree with you. They should. Islam, and other religions (particularly the dodgy desert trilogy) are probably the biggest threat in the world today (far more so than a few American gun nuts). The worst or most oppressive, the most strident, certainly in terms of numbers is Islam.
Back to guns in the US. The current liberal gun laws in this country do far more harm than good (virtually no one is saying Joe can't go hunting at the weekend, or put a few holes in some targets). For those whose apparent rationale is paranoia about a tyrannical government, (invariably a disingenuous argument) why are so few up in arms (no pun) about not being able to have say, rocket launchers, ground to air missiles, attack drones, tanks etc.?

Old 07-05-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
As a liberal-libertarian I agree with you. They should. Islam, and other religions (particularly the dodgy desert trilogy) are probably the biggest threat in the world today (far more so than a few American gun nuts). The worst or most oppressive, the most strident, certainly in terms of numbers is Islam.
Back to guns in the US. The current liberal gun laws in this country do far more harm than good (virtually no one is saying Joe can't go hunting at the weekend, or put a few holes in some targets). For those whose apparent rationale is paranoia about a tyrannical government, (invariably a disingenuous argument) why are so few up in arms (no pun) about not being able to have say, rocket launchers, ground to air missiles, attack drones, tanks etc.?
I have no idea which questions you are answering, so I am repeating them:

1- Why do you liberals feel the urge to attack the rights of others? Why do you want to take those Constitutional rights away?

2- Is there a Government right that you also want to take away, and give back to the citizenry?

3- Govt is flooding our country with illegal aliens. Why don't you ridicule the Govt for not carrying out its duty of defending the Constitution, yet you ridicule a fellow citizen for doing so?

About the "paranoia" you mentioned, I will repeat some more questions asked prior:

1- Can you tell me why a Govt in 2014 is more benevolent than in 1789?

2- Did tyrannical governments no longer exist after 1789?

3- Do tyrannical governments not abridge the liberty of people?

4- Do tyrannical governments no longer exist in 2014?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies