Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 02:22 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,161,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
For all the open carry enthusiasts amongst our readers: why not join the military and go carry a loaded gun where you can really defend liberty?

Gun Extremists: Why Are You 'Defending Liberty' in a Coffee Shop and Not on the Battlefield?*|*Tom Young

Enjoy your enlistment.

Strawman.

Those of us who support the 2A aren't extremists, those of you who oppose it are.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:53 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I have no idea which questions you are answering, so I am repeating them:

1- Why do you liberals feel the urge to attack the rights of others? Why do you want to take those Constitutional rights away?

2- Is there a Government right that you also want to take away, and give back to the citizenry?

3- Govt is flooding our country with illegal aliens. Why don't you ridicule the Govt for not carrying out its duty of defending the Constitution, yet you ridicule a fellow citizen for doing so?

About the "paranoia" you mentioned, I will repeat some more questions asked prior:

1- Can you tell me why a Govt in 2014 is more benevolent than in 1789?

2- Did tyrannical governments no longer exist after 1789?

3- Do tyrannical governments not abridge the liberty of people?

4- Do tyrannical governments no longer exist in 2014?
One persons right is another's oppression. How about the right for kids to go to school without being familiar with the term 'lockdown'? If you want the right to have rapid fire/assault weapons - let's have no more scenes of weeping, hand-wringing, candles, vigils, prayers etc. as is per normal in the aftermath of mass shootings. Let every American walk stoically into the sunset.
As for tyrannical governments abridging the right of people - sure they do. The problem is the hardware to counteract what you believe is tyrannical isn't available to you. Moreover, why should I trust you to be the arbiter of what is tyrannical?

Old 07-05-2014, 02:59 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post

Pfft, when Conservatives get beaten on debate points they back up and cry like this here. Your party constantly overlooks real issues and offers paranoid, non realities instead.

And then you threaten another civil war; we already fought one to get rid of the selfish agenda coming from backward people in states like South Carolina.

Progressives have no debating points; your MO is spinning truth, making a lot of absurd assertions while pointing at others and calling names, just as you did here.
As far as real issues - the issues are the results of the bumbling liberals in office now. Your POTUS denies it all and calls it all phony even though your liberal media reports it.

I don't think anyone threatened with civil war, just pointing out what happens when a nation is polarized the way it currently is.
Explain, in your own words, the selfish agenda of the backward people of SC in the mid 19th century.

After you do the above explain why your post belongs in this thread.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post

Oh I disagree, the terrorist and the open carry proponent are closely related. They both have the so desire and potential to use use their preferred weapon choice to kill.

100% pure conjecture and BS.

You do know LEOs are more hot headed than any citizen on the street, correct? Have you ever seen how quick they are to go for their sidearms? They will often approach your car afer pulling you over for a traffic stop with their hand on their weapon if not in their hand. Make a move they are looking for and they will blast you. They are then put on adminisrative leave for a lengthy time - with pay.
The cop will say you were going for a gun and all you did was scratch your shoulder.

Since the above has played out in the past and the cop gets off...is
A. private citizen
or
B. LEO
more like the terrorist?

Spin it anyway you want, you are a gun grabber at heart.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
One persons right is another's oppression. How about the right for kids to go to school without being familiar with the term 'lockdown'? If you want the right to have rapid fire/assault weapons - let's have no more scenes of weeping, hand-wringing, candles, vigils, prayers etc. as is per normal in the aftermath of mass shootings. Let every American walk stoically into the sunset.
As for tyrannical governments abridging the right of people - sure they do. The problem is the hardware to counteract what you believe is tyrannical isn't available to you. Moreover, why should I trust you to be the arbiter of what is tyrannical?

I hate to do this to you "For the children" types but....Show definitive proof any kids were killed at SHES.

What I am looking for is corpus delecti - a body of proof. None was evver given but lots of opinionated journalists sure gave their spin on it, no? Hours upon hours of video and interviews document this but no evidence has been shown.

Kids were paraded around and weepy stories were told but once again, where is the proof?
It was a drill the mainsream media covered and convinced some of the world it was a real incident. The POTUS and rest of government jumped on that bandwagon and brushed off BENGHAZI - That happened a looong time ago.

So much for kid's right not to be familiar with the term lockdown. Tell the government's propaganda mouthpiece to quit broadcasting scenes of fake 'weeping, hand-wringing, candles, vigils, prayers etc. as is per normal in the aftermath of mass shootings.'

I will throw your own sentence back at you for an answer...
"As for tyrannical governments abridging the right of people - sure they do. The problem is the hardware to counteract what you believe is tyrannical isn't available to you. Moreover, why should I trust you to be the arbiter of what is tyrannical?"

Old 07-05-2014, 04:11 PM

741 posts, read 914,850 times
Quote:
If you want the right to have rapid fire/assault weapons - let's have no more scenes of weeping, hand-wringing, candles, vigils, prayers etc. as is per normal in the aftermath of mass shootings.
I mean, the whole 'gun scene' is full of major league fantasists, the deluded and big talking, little men but this is a fallacy. "Rapid fire semi automatic UZI machine guns" (or whatever buzz terms you respond to in a Pavlovian fashion) aren't required to perpetrate a mass shooting. The worst school shooting in US history was done with ordinary handguns.

WELL IT SURE MAKES KILLING A LOT EASIER AND THEY'RE DEADLIER!!! is usually the retort to that, but you're implying that the evil action was caused by the inanimate object... So, what about a mass shooting with a handgun? Or a shotgun? Theoretically, this is where you say that the body count is theoretically lower thus implying that, what? You're OK with gun rights here, just as long as its not an AR15 being used to kill people? NOBODY WANTS TO BAN GUNS is the mantra, but your kind damn sure isn't telling the truth, per your ideological outlook on things. This is where gun prohibitionists start talking out of both sides of their mouths because they're usually politically astute enough to realize that there's nowhere near enough political support to ban common firearms- and they would if they could- but they know better to say it out loud, so the just wander around muttering catch-phrases about 'background checks at gun shows' and 'assault weapons'.

Quote:
The problem is the hardware to counteract what you believe is tyrannical isn't available to you.
This is also bull****, a common refrain from the anti-gun rights camp. An armed citizenry can have an enormous impact on an oppressive government. See: the entirety of human history, including modern history.

Its not a hardware problem. Its a heart problem. The gunnies don't have the sack to actually deploy the 2nd Amendment in the fashion it was originally intended, so they've just convinced themselves that it was written to protect itself and that the only time they'll ever use it to 'resist' anything is a gun confiscation... and even 99% of them are bull****ting themselves.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
I would like for someone to come out and argue they wish this guy wasn't carrying. As soon as someone GUARANTEES that crooks won't have guns, I'll turn mine in. I am not holding my breath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMZbW2Q92MM

Old 07-05-2014, 04:44 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,117 times
Quote:
You answered 1 of 7 questions. I am still waiting for any lib to answer the other six. But I won't hold my breath.

But I will answer your only question, point blank. You asked:

Quote:
Isn't ridiculing the faith of others a right?
Yes, it is your right to ridicule others' faith. That is your 1st Amendment right. Guess which Amendment guarantees your 1st Amendment rights!

But, know this. If you think like a Marxist, if you talk like a Marxist, you are a Marxist. Ridicule of the opponent is a major weapon Marxists employ in their propaganda. You are in lockstep with the rest of them. But, do you know that Lenin called your ilk "useful idiots?"

Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No, and we don't perform same sex marriages either. We do carry concealed weapons however.
Because every good Christian needs a murder weapon in church? Guess Christianity is not a peaceful religion. Jesus would be proud.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:09 PM

741 posts, read 914,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Yes, it is your right to ridicule others' faith. That is your 1st Amendment right. Guess which Amendment guarantees your 1st Amendment rights!
Not the 2nd Amendment, that's for damn sure.

Those various 'rights' have been undermined and eroded away for quite some time yet there hasn't been one armed uprising in defense of any 'right' the 2nd Amendment was written to protect... and therein lies the great irony.

As it's been characterized before, our country has become like a strip club full of bouncers but no girls. When 4th Amendment protections were systemically legislated away, where was the armed uprising? Oh, that's right. To firearm fetishists, the 2nd Amendment was written to protect itself! Hell, half the time, they're the ones cheering on the Fascist State, JUST AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP MY TRUSTY SKS THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, please, for the love of god, let go of the argument that the 2nd Amendment 'protects the other rights'. That's how it was intended but the reality of the matter is, flying a Gadsden Flag and presenting threatening scenarios is all the 'RKBA Community' has amounted to.

MOLON LABE, AMIRITE?

Anti gun rights types are just stupid idealists who are naive to the reality of the scale of the gun ownership situation in this country, who also happen to suck hard at devising efficacious solutions to real world problems, as most idealists do. The hard-line gun rights types, though, man, what a ****show of delusional kooks that world is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies