Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
A fetus isn't a person.
So I have heard. That's the same excuse the women beaters use when they kill the unborn baby while beating the crap out of their significant other and then defend the murder rap by saying the baby was not a "person". I see the pro-abortionists stand along side the women-beaters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 06:36 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So I have heard. That's the same excuse the women beaters use when they kill the unborn baby while beating the crap out of their significant other and then defend the murder rap by saying the baby was not a "person". I see the pro-abortionists stand along side the women-beaters.
Well that's a logical fallacy if I ever saw one. Nice strawman. Being pro-choice =/= pro-abuse. That's just lunacy.

I support a woman's right to do whatever she wants to her body - be it getting an abortion or whatever else. This does NOT mean that I support a man's ability to beat his significant other while she's pregnant.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well maybe you could talk to BO about that. He seems to think others have a right to know what's in a gun safe that sits in my house, which we both agree shouldn't be any of his business.
So long as you're not mentally deranged and keep the gun inside (or at least have the permit and license to hold them or take them to specific events such as hunting or gun shows), then I couldn't careless what you do with them.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Well that's a logical fallacy if I ever saw one. Nice strawman. Being pro-choice =/= pro-abuse. That's just lunacy.

I support a woman's right to do whatever she wants to her body - be it getting an abortion or whatever else. This does NOT mean that I support a man's ability to beat his significant other while she's pregnant.
No logical fallacy there - you are using the exact same argument to defend your support for fetus killing as the woman abuser uses to defend his fetus killing.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No logical fallacy there - you are using the exact same argument to defend your support for fetus killing as the woman abuser uses to defend his fetus killing.
Nope. I'm not justifying the physical abuse of a woman in order to cover-up the collateral damage. My argument is that a woman has the right to do with her body whatever she wants to do, no matter what you, myself, or anyone else thinks about it.

Only a fool would attempt to link abortion to physical abuse and only a simpleton would believe it.

Someone being pro-choice does not mean they support abuse in a relationship. That's a logical fallacy in and of itself - False Cause.

If you're going to attempt to bridge the two, at least be more creative.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:10 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I simply replaced the word "gun" with "abortion." This is how silly liberal gun control parameters look

Uh, I can buy more than one gun per month.

I don't have to register non-handguns.

Lots of states don't have background checks if you're buying from a private seller (not a FFL), etc.

In short, your list is bunk.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I would like to propose an abortion control bill.
  • Extensive background checks will be conducted on all women who are seeking an abortion.
  • If a woman wants an abortion, she has to include her name on a public registry.
  • You must purchase abortion insurance in case things go wrong.
  • This new abortion control bill will establish a 7 day waiting period to obtain the abortion.
  • You cannot have more than 1 abortion per month.
  • You must be 18 years or older to have an abortion.
What are your thoughts?
Let me take a WILD guess here .... SINGLE middle aged male.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:26 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Let me take a WILD guess here .... SINGLE middle aged male.

I don't believe he's even made it to middle age, yet.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:17 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, just saying the two things are like comparing apples and oranges. You are trying to compare two completely different things and you know it.
I'm well aware that a medical procedure and the purchase of a gun are two separate things. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a woman's right supersedes. no woman in america should ever give birth against her will.
So one life is more important than another life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies