Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:28 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I would like to propose an abortion control bill.
  • Extensive background checks will be conducted on all women who are seeking an abortion.
  • If a woman wants an abortion, she has to include her name on a public registry.
  • You must purchase abortion insurance in case things go wrong.
  • This new abortion control bill will establish a 7 day waiting period to obtain the abortion.
  • You cannot have more than 1 abortion per month.
  • You must be 18 years or older to have an abortion.
What are your thoughts?

Why do women have to go through such hoops to satisfy you. And why do you want to do a background check. What is the purpose of that. Aren't you tired of government telling you what to do but here you are saying government should make demands on women. Makes no sense to me. And saying you can't have more than one abortion a month is really absurd since the recovery time takes weeks. It's so easy to have solutions when you have no idea what you are talking about. It's like telling people how to raise their kids when you don't have any. Ok, those are my thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
WWomen have the right to keep and bear arms, and doing so does not destroy human life, unlike abortion.
When Harrier figures out how to grow a fetus inside his own body, then Harrier can save all those fetuses. Until then the choice to grow a fetus inside someone belongs to the woman, not the government.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:43 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
However again, in violation of rights of privacy. If it is okay for sex offenders, and gun owners to have their privacy on display, Then I too agree that women who have abortions should have their privacy violated as well. What is the difference???
What's the difference? Really?

We have an entire body of law dedicated to protecting medical privacy rights, and the sanctity of a person's medical records. (HIPAA ring a bell?)

There are intimate parts of people's lives that a lot of us (dare I say most) put in higher regard than y'alls damn gun fetish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal
SinThey do not.
"They" do not? I commend you for knowing the intentions, minds and hearts of millions of women you never met.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:53 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Nope, abortion is a right
But there is no right to bear arms?

Old 07-06-2014, 11:55 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is a weak attempt to compare abortion rights to gun rights.
You're right - there's no comparison. One is explicitly mentioned in the Constitution; the other is not.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Abortion should be abolished except for rare cases (Only exception I believe in is when the Mother's life is in jeopardy). No compromises!

Old 07-06-2014, 12:01 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
  • Extensive background checks will be conducted on all women who are seeking an abortion.
  • If a woman wants an abortion, she has to include her name on a public registry.
  • This new abortion control bill will establish a 7 day waiting period to obtain the abortion.
What are your thoughts?
I'm Catholic and the Catholic Church opposes all forms of abortion procedures whose direct purpose is to destroy an embryo, blastocyst, zygote or fetus, since it holds that "human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person - among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life." However, it does recognize as morally legitimate certain acts which indirectly result in the death of the fetus, as when the direct purpose is removal of a cancerous womb.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:25 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Leave it to city data to have a thread about a woman's right to abortion compared to a man's right to hold a gun.
Are you insinuating that a woman's right to abortion is more important that the right to bear arms?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:54 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Abortion should be abolished except for rare cases (Only exception I believe in is when the Mother's life is in jeopardy). No compromises!
You don't want abortion and you don't want welfare for these kids. So what exactly do you want.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:00 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts?
Because abortion and guns is the exact same thing!

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies