Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 03:04 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Besides, this particular story was not about the killings of these animals; it was about the killer and the fact that she's 'young, blonde, and perky'...gag
This kinda cuts to the heart of it. Any big game hunter may bother you, but it is particularly offensive to you if it's a young blonde attractive girl. That's kinda wjtwet's whole point.

I'm going to step up and admit what everyone else is to scared to say. The pictures strike a chord of unpleasantness in most of us because the hunter is a young attractive girl. The first thing that goes through my head is that the picture is wrong, but I don't know why. The next thought is me rejecting that stupid notion. But why do we have that initial reaction? Because hunting lions and leopards and elephants is ugly nasty business reserved for middle-aged men. Pretty young girls aren't supposed to be in pictures like that. They're supposed to be off at shopping malls or the like. It's just playing with our culturally biased heads. That's why hundreds of men can and will pose in with carcasses of those same types of animals in those very same poses and almost nobody will care. It's not news. It's not very interesting. Just a bunch of guys doing their thing. Just another day on planet earth. But pretty little Kendall Jones doing it is shocking enough to make the news and create a 50,000 strong movement to get her banned from Facebook.

Jedi Mind trick has succeeded. Congratulations.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
I don't know. I don't care that she hunts. But I think you have to be a little twisted to hunt Elephants. Something that is clearly smarter than she is, despite that enormous forehead giving off the impression that there is a large brain at work behind it.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:18 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I don't know. I don't care that she hunts. But I think you have to be a little twisted to hunt Elephants. Something that is clearly smarter than she is, despite that enormous forehead giving off the impression that there is a large brain at work behind it.

LOL, is that all you people can do is insult her?

Cute.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:28 AM

Christ on a bike. Who's "you people"? I'm not against hunting. But I sure as **** don't think you should hunt elephants, and you're stupid if you do. And, I don't find her particularly attractive, owing mainly to her giant forehead.

Deal with it.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:32 AM

When all you hypocrites stop eating pork taken from pigs raised on factory farms where they are abused, mistreated, where deformed babies are slammed against concrete walls or floors to kill them, where they are kept for their entire lives in a pen so small there isn't even enough room to turn around in, or when you stop eating chicken that are kept in pens only big enough for one chicken but three are kept in, and never see the light of day in their lives, THEN you can talk.

However, if you've ever purchased pork, chicken, or beef from a grocery store or ate it at a restaurant, then you are nothing but a loud mouth hypocrite with a key board and internet access. Keep that in mind.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Christ on a bike. Who's "you people"? I'm not against hunting. But I sure as **** don't think you should hunt elephants, and you're stupid if you do. And, I don't find her particularly attractive, owing mainly to her giant forehead.

Deal with it.
Why not hunt elephants? It feeds villagers, it puts money in to the poor local economies, it creates sustainable income and jobs for people who run the hunting programs which creates incentive for conservation.

What exactly have you personally done to help conservation, except for running your mouth on an internet forum?

Old 07-04-2014, 03:49 AM

Elephants are incredibly intelligent. That's why I don't think you should hunt them. I think the cash she spends to do this would be better served going directly into these poor communities.

I used to work part time for the Essex Region Conservation Authority here in our county before my full time job's schedule changed and I had to drop it. If that's not good enough, I don't know what to tell ya.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Elephants are incredibly intelligent. That's why I don't think you should hunt them. I think the cash she spends to do this would be better served going directly into these poor communities.
I don't. If she just donated the money, it'd be a one time thing and then it's done. However, setting up programs that allow people to legally hunt these animals creates a way to bring in even more money in the future with more hunters paying to hunt. It's a sustainable income, unlike a one time donation.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:02 AM

Default RE: elephants are intellgent

Quote:

I used to work part time for the Essex Region Conservation Authority here in our county before my full time job's schedule changed and I had to drop it. If that's not good enough, I don't know what to tell ya.
BTW, so are pigs. Do you eat pork?

Old 07-04-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't. If she just donated the money, it'd be a one time thing and then it's done. However, setting up programs that allow people to legally hunt these animals creates a way to bring in even more money in the future with more hunters paying to hunt. It's a sustainable income, unlike a one time donation.
I do see your point, WhipperSnapper, but I just don't agree with the game being hunted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
BTW, so are pigs. Do you eat pork?
C'mon now. Pigs are pretty clever, but we are not going to put them on the same kind of levels as humans, apes, and dolphins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies