Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:00 PM

10 posts, read 6,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Yeabut one assumes many AAs thought they would catch a break as the old Jim Crow whites of Florida declined (or retreated to the northern part of the state) and left things up for grab so to speak. Sadly the Cubans filled that void helped by policies from both Democratic and Republican governments.
Cuba was a very racist country in the early 20th century, they were like jim-crow south, when the communist took over, mostly the white elite moved to Florida, this might explain why cubans are that way, cuba ofcourse also had slaves in the 1800s. This isn't a good example for other Latin America. countries though, since not all had slaves and/or segregated them.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoki View Post
Cuba was a very racist country in the early 20th century, they were like jim-crow south, when the communist took over, mostly the white elite moved to Florida, this might explain why cubans are that way, cuba ofcourse also had slaves in the 1800s. This isn't a good example for other Latin America. countries though, since not all had slaves and/or segregated them.
They all had slaves.

More slaves were processed through Mexico's Veracruz slave ports than to all of the USA.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well now the La Raza groups are cheering on Obama for his open borders and the fact that thousands of illegals from Central America are pouring over the borders every day - for the taxpayers to support -- but you will never see La Raza or the Cubans in Miami protesting the rounding up of Haitian boat people from Miami -- their city.

The attitude that open borders are only for all hispanics but don't apply to Haitians, or Africans even if more impoverished and desperate should be an eye-opener. What about Nigerians? They're good people and they're country is a war zone -- are unlimited numbers of Nigerians going to be allowed to come on in now and join the hispanics in the refugee centers being opened up in every US city and town? Nope. The hispanics would not like that at all. Yes they want changing demographics -- and they very much enjoy the fact that they are soon to outnumber whites as well as blacks. They would not tolerate blacks taking back the second place.
Why do white-anglos people take La Raza seriously? I know of no hispanic who actually does, they are a joke. The black panthers of Mexicans, btw hispanics are not a homogenous group and we often dislike eachother.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:05 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Except that blacks don't seem to give a hoot for the reasons I outlined. They were a minority then, are minorities now, and will be minorities in the future.
The Black unemployment is the highest demographic in the USA .... the more that illegals are allowed in to take jobs and take Welfare, the more it will hurt the Blacks. They don't care for the most part - they don't seem to understand that the Leftists are convinced that their only "hope" is to promote Hispanic/Latino voters (more of them) to Union dues and votes for the Left.

None of this is really going to hurt the Anglos - the group that will suffer are the Blacks. This has been clear for years in the large Urban areas with the "Turf Wars". It's not so much that "blacks don't seem to give a hoot" - it's more that they are Sooooo indoctrinated into the Leftist fairly tales that they have ceased to be able to reason things out and understand what is really happening.

Look at Detroit - it's a Road Map. Look at Oakland - it's a Road Map. New York City and Chicago are in the pipeline.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They all had slaves.

More slaves were processed through Mexico's Veracruz slave ports than to all of the USA.
Untrue, alot of Central American countries didn't, it depends what type of crop they grew in their region. Also not all segregated their slaves from whites, but that also depends on the country, for example Mexico banned slavery early on, while Brazil didn't ban it till much much later.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:09 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Older generations of White/European American friends of mine or my family told of how bad things were for Blacks in Florida even Miami Beach/Dade County.

Now here is me only knowing the post Versace trendy gay hip MB of the 1980's and afterwards, but was kind of shocked to learn as recently as the 1960's or maybe 1950's Blacks were excluded from entering the famed if not most hotels and that the beaches were restricted as well. There literally was a "white" and "black" Miami.

In much of South Florida today it does seem all minorities are embraced (gay, Latino/Hispanic, etc...) but Blacks and or anyone dark not often so much. The racism is not always nearly as blatant but just the same feeling of "you are not one of us..".

Old 07-04-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Older generations of White/European American friends of mine or my family told of how bad things were for Blacks in Florida even Miami Beach/Dade County.

Now here is me only knowing the post Versace trendy gay hip MB of the 1980's and afterwards, but was kind of shocked to learn as recently as the 1960's or maybe 1950's Blacks were excluded from entering the famed if not most hotels and that the beaches were restricted as well. There literally was a "white" and "black" Miami.

In much of South Florida today it does seem all minorities are embraced (gay, Latino/Hispanic, etc...) but Blacks and or anyone dark not often so much. The racism is not always nearly as blatant but just the same feeling of "you are not one of us..".
I'm not surprised, white cubans treated black cubans like **** in cuba, mestizos are non existent since most natives died from disease early on so they needed someone to do all the labor. Castro fought to eradicate racism, which got him support from black cubans and help make white cubans flee to America after the revolution.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Why do white-anglos people take La Raza seriously? I know of no hispanic who actually does, they are a joke. The black panthers of Mexicans, btw hispanics are not a homogenous group and we often dislike eachother.
For that last statement, boy do they ever!

Have heard plenty of things out of say Puerto Rican or "White/European" Latinos such as Cuban, Columbian and even Spanish (as in Spain) Americans that left me like "oh no you didn't just say that"

When one of these remarks came from a gay Cuban-American man (who is married to a blonde-blue European American) was reminded the he and his family have noting to do with "mojados". Was then given a several generation rundown of how the guy's family were all major landowners, government officials in Cuba until the Revolution changed things. But even as they came to the USA all have become successful and so forth. Long story short my mistake was similar in his mind to calling an Irish person "black" and not to make that mistake again.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Black unemployment is the highest demographic in the USA .... the more that illegals are allowed in to take jobs and take Welfare, the more it will hurt the Blacks. They don't care for the most part - they don't seem to understand that the Leftists are convinced that their only "hope" is to promote Hispanic/Latino voters (more of them) to Union dues and votes for the Left.

None of this is really going to hurt the Anglos - the group that will suffer are the Blacks. This has been clear for years in the large Urban areas with the "Turf Wars". It's not so much that "blacks don't seem to give a hoot" - it's more that they are Sooooo indoctrinated into the Leftist fairly tales that they have ceased to be able to reason things out and understand what is really happening.

Look at Detroit - it's a Road Map. Look at Oakland - it's a Road Map. New York City and Chicago are in the pipeline.
Hm, I'll have to comment on this.It's a sad story that repeats itself, every time new immigrants come they end up competing with blacks for jobs (the irish are a good example and the N.Y.C riots during the civil war). While the immigrants move up after a few genetations, blacks seem to be stuck in the same place, I've always wondered why?

Old 07-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Hm, I'll have to comment on this.It's a sad story that repeats itself, every time new immigrants come they end up competing with blacks for jobs (the irish are a good example and the N.Y.C riots during the civil war). While the immigrants move up after a few genetations, blacks seem to be stuck in the same place, I've always wondered why?
That is in whole or part the arguments and or lessons learned from gays and Hispanic/Latinos when they studied how to use various civil rights laws and court rulings to promote their agenda. They wanted to avoid the pitfalls that seem to have come to African Americans in the past fifty or so years.

Again it does help that neither group is totally monolithic. A white gay male with a Harvard education can if he chooses hide whom he choses to lay with and or even if pubic about it may not suffer many consequences. Equally the successful Latinos and Hispanics promoting immigration reform tend to be most visible in the "lighter" end of the spectrum; Ted Cruz, Eva Longoria etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies