Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM

753 posts, read 758,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
But I have been to Washington before (Seattle). Pretty cool little bazaar thing you guys got goin' by the docks, eh? With the workers throwing the fish to each other and the arcades out on the pier and stuff...cool town, Seattle. Never been to Pullman, though. Maybe me and your friend are long lost identical twins or something.
Whew, that's a load off the old noggin'.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 PM

112 posts, read 69,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
It never seems to amaze me, That you talk as if pot is Harmless. But when I post what a pot head sounds and acts like. I get a neg rep. I didn't realize ppl would do that just to keep the truth out. POT should be illegal Just due to the effect it has on ones mind even when they stopped smoking. MAN

Don't you love the way these guys work on the sneak? I would up you but since I did on a previous post it won't let me for a while. I will keep you in mind.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:00 PM

603 posts, read 1,994,941 times
As a Washington State alumnus, I'm actually surprised out how little pot there was in that town. For being a college town, you'd expect a lot more than I'd seen there. This coming from a former pothead. I'd say Pullman is by far a drinking town more than a pot town. I'm sure there's a lot more potheads at UW, since they have all the hippies and granolas livin' up in the Seattle area...

Old 12-05-2006, 08:04 PM

753 posts, read 758,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
As a Washington State alumnus, I'm actually surprised out how little pot there was in that town. For being a college town, you'd expect a lot more than I'd seen there. This coming from a former pothead. I'd say Pullman is by far a drinking town more than a pot town. I'm sure there's a lot more potheads at UW, since they have all the hippies and granolas livin' up in the Seattle area...
Yeah, Pullman is probably more of a drinking town. Although I thought there were quite a few of the herbalists over on the Moscow side.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 PM

5 posts, read 17,952 times
Millions have died from legal drugs tobacco and alcohol. I'd imagine no one's ever died directly from smoking pot.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:54 AM

603 posts, read 1,994,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Yeah, Pullman is probably more of a drinking town. Although I thought there were quite a few of the herbalists over on the Moscow side.
I would have to agree whole heartedly on that! Actually, I want to say that U of I was ranked the most laid-back campus in the US....maybe there's a connection there...

Old 03-07-2007, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
I personally do not smoke marijuana,I do beleive there are much worse habits such as alcohol as I've seen first hand because of several alcoholics in my family. But that is just my opinion.
Do you not think that if marijuana was legalized then the effects and proberlems that are related with marijuana would increase, just as has happened with alcohol.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:35 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
legalize it,tax it.Yes in this case Im actually for taxes.Use the tax money for those who would become addicted for recovery and for awareness.No I don't think legalization would increase addiction,the fact is those who do it now while illegal would generally be the ones who would do it legally.

Crime rates will diminish,murder and gun crime will diminish also.Tax money spent on the prison system will have more funds due to less prisoners,which could be allocated to peace officers saleries and equipment.

Use the same laws regarding alchohol like driving intoxicated,also a open market will promoted standards as far as quality.

Medical marijuana is a no brainer to me,if someone is suffering and it will help them why not?....can't understand rejection to this.

There are pain killers legal now,that doctors perscribe that some people become addicted to,why ban some and not the other?

Some see it as immoral to use substances,including alcohol but you can't legislate morality.Use persuasion for your arguement instead.

At the very least marijuana should be legalized.People don't rob and steal to get marijuana.Fact is,alchohol tends to make some people violent as compared.Should people do it?no...but like I said,it is illegal right now and millions are using it anyway.

On this issue,there are both Democrats and Republicans for and against legalization,with the Libertarian party has it listed as one of the things "to do".

cigarettes are legal yet public awareness had seen less people smoking.If cigarettes were outlawed those that smoke would still smoke.It is a persons decision that makes the difference,not whether its legal or not.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:34 PM

702 posts, read 3,151,407 times
This is the most sensible post that I have read on this subject!

Old 03-07-2007, 04:41 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.s View Post
Do you not think that if marijuana was legalized then the effects and proberlems that are related with marijuana would increase, just as has happened with alcohol.
If by "effects and proberlems [sic] that are related with marijuana," you are talking about the munchies and the giggles, then yes, they will increase due to the drug's increased use.

But, the vast majority of the "problems" involving marijuana are created by society and the government, and are products of the drug's prohibition, not of the drug's use. Marijuana would be far less dangerous if it were legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies