Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I would just like to comment I very much enjoyed your "Wussie Drug" definition for marijuana.

Your post kind of makes it sounds like you "only do the harder stuff", though.

Yeah, I do look like I prefer the harder stuff. I was going to add a sentence following it regarding coffee. Oh well.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
It's called addiction. That's why they often steal in order to buy drugs. Do you want them to burglarize your house so they can pay a fine?

Why did they get addicted in the first place?

And if they burglarized my house, they risk their lives. There is a thread on gun ownership and how people are allowed to shoot a burglar in their house. I won't call the cops if I catch someone breaking into my house if you know what I mean. Oh, and I thought pot wasn't a drug that caused trouble anyway??

Old 12-12-2007, 05:31 PM

626 posts, read 992,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Why did they get addicted in the first place?
You're good at making offensive stereotypes. Why don't you tell me.

Quote:
And if they burglarized my house, they risk their lives. There is a thread on gun ownership and how people are allowed to shoot a burglar in their house. I won't call the cops if I catch someone breaking into my house if you know what I mean.
Are you going to make a point? Or are you going to keep bragging about how "tough" you are?

Quote:
Oh, and I thought pot wasn't a drug that caused trouble anyway??
No more than alcohol.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:02 PM

429 posts, read 684,627 times
speaking from someone who has continous and cronic pain ,i can only hope that in the future itwill be legalized.however,we all must follow the law.remember that liquor was once outlawed too.Its only a matter of time before they figure out a way to tax it also.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Legalize, regulate, tax and provide assistance for the addicted that want to quit. Let the rest take care of themselves. Put the smugglers out of business by underselling thier market.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,173 times
Default Marijuana

Yes it should be legalized.I have and will never use it.But if someone wants it they are going to get it ,so let them pay taxes on it.I just don't care. But of course everyone has their own opinion.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:25 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,325,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Very much against it for Biblical reasons. I don't think anything good can come from it. I have seen the damage it has done to members of my family.
yes, but many have seen the dammage that comes from alcohol use/abuse, yet alcohol is perfectly legal. people saw this problem and made alcohol illegal and the prohibition of it caused more problems than it solved. much like the use of marijuana.

i by no means advocate everyone using it, but it causes more problems than it solves to make it illegal. i will agree with you that some people just do a jeckyl and hyde thing with pot. but there are plenty of people in AA that do the same with legal substances.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,630,921 times
Quote:
Very much against it for Biblical reasons.
Where is marijuana prohibited in the Bible?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,325,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, most people who advocate legalized marijuana don't want it legal for all, meaning as with alcohol no one under 21 would be allowed to buy it.
absolutely right, i am all for legalization, but i don't think it should be like candy. there should surely be some restrictions placed on it. such as a 21 minimum age, and those ads on tv that show you how your live will go nowhere if you are on something all the time.

i very well understand that kids shouldn't do any drugs including alcohol (i'm not even too hot about little kids and caffeine) because their brain has so much developing to do yet.

but there is no reason that a 30 year old man should go to jail for getting high and murdering a box of zingers.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:32 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,433,597 times
I don't use "it" or nor do I use any other drugs or alcohol...
But as long as cigarettes and alcohol are legal, might as well legalize marijuana. Tax it and regulate it and get the pot dealers out of the business. Also it would bring in a lot of revenue and that could be used for programs to get people off more dangerous drugs, such as heroin, crack etc.

Why it isn't legal is beyond me, could it be that it would be so easy to grow yourself, with the help of grow lights? Not too many people brew their own beer or grow their own tobacco crops.

I would much rather be around some pot-smokers than drunks - any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.