Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 08:02 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,465,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If anyone thinks for a moment that constantly asking questions, and complaining about who Blacks vote for is going to make Black people change their vote, then such persons are sorely mistaken. Complaining won't change it. Shaming people won't stop it. If anything, it will only anger people.
Nope, but letting him go is certainly hurting his own cause. Some people do more to discredit their own cause than anyone on the outside could possibly hope to do. Given the constant "I Hate Obama" verbal diarrhea from these people that no amount of logic can slow...they are doing a great job of screwing themselves.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:10 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
When has a Republican candidate ever reached out to black voters and given them a reason to vote for them? Blacks are much more likely to be used as scapegoats by GOP candidates for everything that is wrong in this country. Never any kind of positive outreach, just dog whistle politics, yet the OP simply can't figure out why the GOP gets no love from black voters.
And there is something else too. I ran into a post regarding the power of shaming people. Shame doesn't work.

I've said this over and over. If Republicans want more Black people to vote for them, if they are so concerned, scapegoating, shaming, and dog-whistling is not the way to go about it. One can start by establishing common ground with Blacks. Reagan was able to establish some common ground with Hispanics. He went on by say "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it". He pointed to family, personal responsibility, and hard work. Most Republicans haven't even tried when it comes to Blacks. And don't expect instant results. One has to think long term.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Nope, but letting him go is certainly hurting his own cause. Some people do more to discredit their own cause than anyone on the outside could possibly hope to do. Given the constant "I Hate Obama" verbal diarrhea from these people that no amount of logic can slow...they are doing a great job of screwing themselves.
Well, that is part of it. If all anyone gets out of it is an "I hate Obama" agenda, then alot of people are not going to go for it. Two things to consider.

1) If said persons are so concerned about the Black vote, why not start by actually reaching out to Black people, establish a common ground with them.

2) Shaming and scapegoating are not working, only angering people. This would have been figured out by now, unless the idea was to alienate people from the Black population.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:14 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,450,604 times
Quote:
Blacks have been on the bottom in American society no matter what. Blacks do worse than anyone else in society no matter what the economy is like. Why does it matter to you who Blacks vote for?
African-Americans are not the poorest demographic in the USA.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
African-Americans are not the poorest demographic in the USA.
If not them, then who? And furthermore, why is it anyone's business who Blacks vote for?

Old 07-07-2014, 08:30 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Here's a president who basically believes in open borders. Don't you think that policy will eventually have a negative effect on your standard of living---loss of jobs, higher taxes for welfare benefits, etc..So why do you support this president.
If you're so obsessive-compulsive about blacks supporting Obama, how about changing the question to something different: Has Obama met your expectations ? The same could be asked of other racial/ethnic groups, but they probably don't interest you.

My guess is, overall Obama hasn't achieved the lofty status his supporters expected, but most will blame that on Republicans/conservatives/right wingers/ Fox News, etc.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:45 AM

596 posts, read 730,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
the "majority" of black people dont care about all that

the way its looked at is like

2 guys to choose from:

1) *brilliant* "black" guy + "historic"

2) "rich-racist-republican"

it doesnt matter, the "majority" has the perception of getting screwed over regardless, so may as well "pick the brother"

i know this to be true, as i have been black for several decades

some go as far as to literally *convince* themselves into believing whatever in order to justify what their brain already believes (you can apply this to anybody whos highly political)

when all fails, blame the previous administration

if obama holds a press conference on wednesday and announces that he is 100% homosexual and has been having an affair with his "best friend" (that white guy he always been hanging with) for the last 10 years guess what will happen?...

all sorts of black folks will say "uh uh uh, that took courage,,uh uh hes a great man, i love this guy for this that blah blah, uh uhh michelle should understand his struggle uhh uhh"

thats just how it is, no sense in over analyzing the situation
I'm sorry, but when exactly did you become the spokesperson for the "majority" of Black people? I didn't receive that memo. I've also been Black for several decades, and I've spent all of these decades believing that I was my own person with my own mind and my own choices, not part of some monolithic Black group whose members all think, believe, and act the same. Please speak for yourself, and yourself only. The ignorance you just spewed certainly does not describe this Black person.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
When has a Republican candidate ever reached out to black voters and given them a reason to vote for them? Blacks are much more likely to be used as scapegoats by GOP candidates for everything that is wrong in this country. Never any kind of positive outreach, just dog whistle politics, yet the OP simply can't figure out why the GOP gets no love from black voters.
You can see it on here on an almost daily basis. We can't have X, Y, and Z because we don't have a homogenous population (ie. too many "Negroes" as the Cliven Bundies on this board would say if they weren't shamed not to), another had a Cliven Bundy moment the other day and said something along the lines of 'more negro looking Cubans'. Of course there's our timeless favorite, unemployment is high in the South because we have more blacks than the North. Lol....do they not realize then that their economic policies are not helping blacks at all if that is their case? Oh, and they love to blame crime problems on blacks, as in, they can't help themselves but be criminals; as if it's encoded in their DNA to commit crimes.

Then; wingnuts wonders why, just why, blacks wouldn't touch the GOP with a 10 foot pole. Problem is, I know many Republicans who are not racist, but your average wingnut is most likely to be one, and they are heavily represented on this forum.

Quote:
If anyone thinks for a moment that constantly asking questions, and complaining about who Blacks vote for is going to make Black people change their vote, then such persons are sorely mistaken. Complaining won't change it. Shaming people won't stop it. If anything, it will only anger people.
Read my post above, pretty much applies to your post as well

Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Here's a president who basically believes in open borders. Don't you think that policy will eventually have a negative effect on your standard of living---loss of jobs, higher taxes for welfare benefits, etc..So why do you support this president.
Because we feel like it.

And he was better than the two alternatives (McCain and Romney) my a long shot.

Anymore questions?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:54 PM

734 posts, read 1,083,276 times
nope, he has done more for "illegals" than he has done for anyone else, black or white. i am ready for him to be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies