Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 06:55 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Then maybe you should become a leader in the black community and find a way to curb children born out of wedlock, as that is one of the biggest plagues upon black culture.
`
Interestingly, the fact that black people have so many kids is actually how they have survived for so long.

It's a reproductive strategy to either have few children and educate them very well, or you have lots of kids and hope just a few of them make it.

All the problems that blacks have had ( i.e.,HIV/AIDS, slave trade, killing each other, deadly viruses in Africa) other racial groups would have died out long ago.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:24 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I hear what you're trying to say, but at some point you have to agree that behavior and intelligence is linked to "race" for a lack of a better word.

We are all different from each other but we don't know exactly why. I subscribe to climate adaptability in that groups of people who migrated from Africa long ago to live in harsher and colder climates became smarter and more organized in order to survive. Also it forced them to have fewer children, but consequently, they invested in those children much more. These people came to be Europeans and Asiatics.

African people are the original people, where they came from we don't know (Egypt text say out of Sirius constellation), but Africans are more "primitive" something like a model T automobile, as they didnt have to go though the harsh experience of living life in inhospitable areas.

The Mysterious Connection Between Sirius and Human History - The Vigilant Citizen
No I don't agree. The view that race is determinative of your behavior or intelligence lacks in scientific evidence and is the very definition of racist thinking.

I don't think like racists.

The use of the word primitive to describe black people is an original racist trope.

I wish more people were honest in their ideas.

And this kind of thinking is also the textbook example of where the idea of acting black springs from. From the very creation of racial identity.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
I attribute this to:

1. Black men and women have higher natural testosterone levels on average then any other race. High testosterone makes you aggressive and impulsive.

2. Black people on average have a lower IQ then any other race which means, among many things, they don't always think things through.

3. Black culture is mostly a "warrior culture" where only the strong survive and there is no order.

4. The majority of Black males have multiple children, but they don't train or invest in them, so the majority of black children grow up to be wild and undisciplined.
Uh; maybe. Tho it ain't just a "Black" thing there, it's more a LOW CLASS thing.

I'm of Irish family and almost everything you just listed could be said about the Irish even 100 years ago.

What I'm trying to say is it's much more "culture", NOT "race".

Old 07-09-2014, 07:25 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Interestingly, the fact that black people have so many kids is actually how they have survived for so long.

It's a reproductive strategy to either have few children and educate them very well, or you have lots of kids and hope just a few of them make it.

All the problems that blacks have had ( i.e.,HIV/AIDS, slave trade, killing each other, deadly viruses in Africa) other racial groups would have died out long ago.
Please; remember the plagues in Europe about 600 years ago? They killed off LOTS of people, so did some real nasty wars, WW 2 was the latest. Us "Irish" also had to deal with being slaves with so many of us shipped off to the Jamaica and so on.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; maybe. Tho it ain't just a "Black" thing there, it's more a LOW CLASS thing.

I'm of Irish family and almost everything you just listed could be said about the Irish even 100 years ago.

What I'm trying to say is it's much more "culture", NOT "race".
The "cultural" explanation is either garbage or the same black people are inherently inferior explanation.

I have had many discussions with people about what they mean by culture.

Number 1 they have an extremely vague to non existent understanding of what they mean by culture.

Number 2 they have an even more extremely vague to non existent understanding of what they mean by black culture.

Number 3 they have a non existent ability to explain the connection between their extremely vague understanding of culture as it relates to anything in the world let alone the economic/political conditions of a racial group.

So I find that people who use the culture explanation are either ignorant and/or dishonest.

Essentially the cultural argument allows a person to say the black race is a failure, messed up, immoral, violent, hyper sexual, etc all of the same racist tropes that have always been used to describe black people, but they through in, but all of these failings aren't racial but cultural. Nonsense

Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No I don't agree. The view that race is determinative of your behavior or intelligence lacks in scientific evidence and is the very definition of racist thinking.

I don't think like racists.

The use of the word primitive to describe black people is an original racist trope.

I wish more people were honest in their ideas.

And this kind of thinking is also the textbook example of where the idea of acting black springs from. From the very creation of racial identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Essentially the cultural argument allows a person to say the black race is a failure, messed up, immoral, violent, hyper sexual, etc all of the same racist tropes that have always been used to describe black people, but they through in, but all of these failings aren't racial but cultural. Nonsense
The black race isn't a failure. The mere fact that they survived longer then any other race proves that they're not failures.

Where I differ from you is that you seem to want to believe that all racial groups are the same, and I respectfully disagree. I mean really, if we're all the same, then where is the African equivalent of the SR-71 Blackbird? Why is the continent of Africa so poor despite all its resources and additional aid from other counties? Why are African Americans, who live inside the most richest country on the Earth, so poor and commit most of the petty crime, but yet, Hispanics, or other racial groups, can come over to the U.S. without knowing the language and work their way out of poverty and build up legitimate business?

Different racial groups express themselves differently, just as how there are differences between the male and female sex regardless of culture and how we're all raised.

There is no question that if you get black children and raise them anywhere you like, they will always be better athletes then Europeans and Asians on average. Black athletes come from the most poorest areas with hardly any equipment and proper training, and yet, they still leap ahead over European and Asian children who are trained and have access to training facilities and proper nutrition. This is the advantage that blacks have over other racial groups; they're genetically gifted with superior athletic ability. Conversely, Asian and Europeans, though they're not as athletic as Africans, they have the advantage of starting out with much higher IQ's on average which is why their civilizations are so technological and advanced. Asians by far have the highest IQ's on average, and China was far ahead of Europe in terms of technology in the past. Just read Marco Polo's writings.

I don't get it? What's the big deal in admitting that we are all different and that we all have advantages and disadvantages?

In the end, we can all learn from each other. Black people who grow up in European counties have on average a 10 point boost in IQ. Blacks who intermarry and have children with whites, those children tend to be smarter and have even higher IQ's. These higher IQ blacks should be the leadership of Africans all over the world to help them escape from poverty and to help get African countries to be 1st world.

Last edited by calicali01; 07-09-2014 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole_inCA View Post
I'm very troubled by the phrase, "acting black." I find that people who use the term, often have a narrowly defined one-dimensional perception of blacks. In their limited mind, black people do not ski, hike, go camping, listen to various types of music, vacation, speak grammatically correct English, or partake in any other activities outside of what they narrowly define as "black actions and behaviors..."

I really like Aisha Tyler, because she always discusses this topic quite effectively.

Authors@Google: Aisha Tyler - YouTube

I hope that more people will challenge the notion that blacks can only occupy a certain space. I'm tired of being defined by my skin color.
She acts/talks too white.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
It's troubling to me, because I don't like being viewed through a one dimensional lens. At the end of the day, I simply live my life, but it can get really annoying when people become uncomfortable because I don't fit their narrow definition of a black person.
I assume you are referring to other black peoples definition.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I don't agree. I attended a predominately white H.S. and university and was often told by the whites students that I wasn't black enough. I was happy that Aisha Tyler (a black female comedian/actress), who also attended mostly white schools pointed out that many of her white classmates disliked her as well, because she wasn't "black enough."
I have never heard a white person refer to a black person as not being black enough. I actually see it as a breath of fresh air when a young person speaks proper English, especially black youth, so many speak bastardized English. Some I can't even understand.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM

794 posts, read 818,788 times
Quote:
The black race isn't a failure. The mere fact that they survived longer then any other race proves that they're not failures.

Where I differ from you is that you seem to want to believe that all racial groups are the same, and I respectfully disagree. I mean really, if we're all the same, then where is the African equivalent of the SR-71 Blackbird? Why is the continent of Africa so poor despite all its resources and additional aid from other counties? Why are African Americans, who live inside the most richest country on the Earth, so poor and commit most of the petty crime, but yet, Hispanics, or other racial groups, can come over to the U.S. without knowing the language and work their way out of poverty and build up legitimate business?

Different racial groups express themselves differently, just as how there are differences between the male and female sex regardless of culture and how we're all raised.

There is no question that if you get black children and raise them anywhere you like, they will always be better athletes then Europeans and Asians on average. Black athletes come from the most poorest areas with hardly any equipment and proper training, and yet, they still leap ahead over European and Asian children who are trained and have access to training facilities and proper nutrition. This is the advantage that blacks have over other racial groups; they're genetically gifted with superior athletic ability. Conversely, Asian and Europeans, though they're not as athletic as Africans, they have the advantage of starting out with much higher IQ's on average which is why their civilizations are so technological and advanced. Asians by far have the highest IQ's on average, and China was far ahead of Europe in terms of technology in the past. Just read Marco Polo's writings.

I don't get it? What's the big deal in admitting that we are all different and that we all have advantages and disadvantages?

In the end, we can all learn from each other. Black people who grow up in European counties have on average a 10 point boost in IQ. Blacks who intermarry and have children with whites, those children tend to be smarter and have even higher IQ's. These higher IQ blacks should be the leadership of Africans all over the world to help them escape from poverty and to help get African countries to be 1st world.
Good post, but your logic is not PC (PC being all humans are exactly equal in all things, all the time).

Many people cannot accept that we aren't equal, to do so means examining so much more about ourselves and many people just can't go down that rabbit hole as it will shatter their entire belief system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies