Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 03:58 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, do you believe there shouldn't be laws against elective late term abortions?
there ARE laws against late term abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 04:00 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,463,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
So, are you stating that ReturningWest agrees with all laws?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
Quote:
avoiding questions by not staying on topic?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:08 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,332,810 times
Quote:
So, do you believe there shouldn't be laws against elective late term abortions?
Yes, because NO Doctor would perform a late term non-medical reason abortion. Nor in the decades of being a nurse have I ever run across any woman who wanted one, they are faced with horrific health issue decisions. Late term abortions are done for the health of the mother or discovery of catastrophic issues with the fetus. No woman I know would go through the hell of a pregnancy and at the last minute say "I changed my mind". You are delving into "what if" scenarios not based on facts or reality.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,217,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Do you believe infanticide is responsible when someone cannot take care of the child?
After all we don't need more neglected or orphaned kids.
That's an absurd and sick question. If I don't think we need more neglected or orphaned kids why would I think it's okay to kill a living, breathing, child.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:12 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,302,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's an absurd and sick question. If I don't think we need more neglected or orphaned kids why would I think it's okay to kill a living, breathing, child.
I believe that this poster is trying to say that, since you support abortion as a legal way of taking responsibility for a child you can't care for, then why not just kill the baby when you can't take care of it when its 3 months old.

Something like that.

Basically equating abortion to infanticide is really the goal of the argument.

As I previously stated, when that lady went to the doctor and he told her she was pregnant, when she decided to keep the child, that was the choice.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:14 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,144,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Having an abortion is responsible. We don't need more neglected or orphaned kids.

if you want responsible, then have the girl close her legs or the guy use a condom.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:17 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,217,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you want responsible, then have the girl close her legs or the guy use a condom.
Reality dictates that accidents will happen regardless of how careful people are.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:19 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,463,872 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Yes
So, as you can see, Returningwest just stated that there shouldn't be such laws.

Quote:
avoiding questions by not staying on topic?
You might want to go to the OP's first post and see what is on topic.

Can you show me where the OP was discussing current laws in the post that started this thread?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:20 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,302,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Had my first child with her on birth control, and I used a condom. It broke, accidents happen.

My sister had her third child while married and on the IUD, which is 99.99% effective. She was the .001%

Life is not black and white.

And telling people not to have sex, really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies