Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

pro-choice. It is a woman's right to choose, no one else can make that choice for a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
I'm Pro Life and none of us are against education or housing or the like. I've never met a Pro Lifer who was. What some of us are against is our welfare systems being abused, we are not against welfare it's self. I personally support a safety net, but it should only be allowed for those who truly need it, and it should be a hand up, not a hand out.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by hothulamaui

many pro life folks believe in "individual
responsibility" meaning WOMEN who have sex, take the consequences
. you made
your bed now lay in it without any help from others.
But many DON'T, as you well know. So, do you advocate letting the children starve?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM

596 posts, read 730,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
And those same misguided individuals forget that sexual assault is not uncommon in this country. Women can get pregnant via rape. No it is not an "Act of God." I guess to hell with her right?
But haven't you heard? The female body has a way of "shutting that whole thing down" in the case of a "legitimate rape." So if a woman gets pregnant, she clearly must have wanted it and she obviously wasn't legitimately raped at all. That there is true medical science!

Old 07-07-2014, 09:56 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
the question in the op was, as a pro life person are you pro life like the nun in the op. as I posted many pro life folks have no sympathy for women who are unable to care for their own children. they had sex, knew what it can lead to. they have individual responsibility for that action and others should not have to pay for their choice.

I myself don't go along with this thinking at all, just pointing out what some pro lifers will offer as a reason to not support women who are poor with children.

I am 100% pro choice and I also believe and support the need for financial help for people in need.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I'm Pro Life and none of us are against education or housing or the like. I've never met a Pro Lifer who was. What some of us are against is our welfare systems being abused, we are not against welfare it's self. I personally support a safety net, but it should only be allowed for those who truly need it, and it should be a hand up, not a hand out.
yes many, many pro life folks are against sex education and also against birth control.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
"A very powerful statement from Benedictine Nun, Sister Joan Chittister: "I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking. If all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed, and why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of what pro-life is.”" - source Pro-birth, pro-life or pro-choice: A very simple question : TwoXChromosomes

A reflection of the arguments on here. How is it that people who note they are "pro-life" that the life they are for ends with birth? Can you oppose abortion and morally feel justified at opposing education, feeding, and housing this life you are for?

Seems often we have people pro-birth on here, but aren't really pro-life.
That's is a completely accurate statement.

anti-choicers just want to control the sexual behavior of women.

anti-choicers are against birth control against planned parenthood, against sex ed that discusses using protection, and they are against helping poor women with children, often accusing them of having babies to get benefits.

Their focus is not on that baby but on the sexual behavior of the mom of women in general because that's what they care about.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes many, many pro life folks are against sex education and also against birth control.
Usually because those anti-choice people aren't that bright.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:17 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I call this a diversion, a untruth, a lie some may tell themselves.

for truly, how can a child abuse a system such as this?

it is impossible

Old 07-07-2014, 11:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Usually because those anti-choice people aren't that bright.
Quick question for you.

Do YOU believe that there should be no limits on elective abortions?

I'm not talking about what laws are in place now or anything like that.

I just want to know if you believe a strictly elective abortion should be legal at 37 1/2 weeks into the pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies