Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still support Obama
YES 40 28.57%
NO 100 71.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 01:08 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,245,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I voted for him in 2008 and 2012. I wasn't all that thrilled about him either time, but I chose what I felt was the lesser of two evils.

In 2008 I was worried about John McCain's advanced age and health problems and his selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate. If she had not been on the ticket, there is a good chance I would have voted Republican for the first time ever in a presidential election.

In 2012, there was no way I was going to vote for Mitt Romney. He is a member of a religion I consider a cult, and I can't vote for a Mormon. Sorry.

I'm utterly disgusted by Barack Obama's approach to illegal immigration. I'm WORSE off now than I was when he took office. If I had it to do over again, I'd have just stayed home in '08 and '12.
Then you dislike Harry Reid too.....he is Mormon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 01:11 PM

372 posts, read 444,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
It is BO who has "scuttled" our economy...period! The guy must have flunked economics 101. Maybe that's why he has spent a fortune to keep all his records hidden.

Then there seems to be the obvious conclusion that you don't seem to understand anything about how American economic and political influences have to work to keep us continuing the wonderful life Americans have always enjoyed. BO is taking us to 3rd-world country level and tipping us rapidly into Communism if we don't stop him and his very dangerous, ignorant and stupid agenda.
Who told you that? Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck? The next problem is that people listen to these idiots that say things for views smh

Old 07-07-2014, 01:21 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,915,563 times
How anyone with a functioning brain cell can 1) still support Obama and then 2) publicly admit it is completely beyond me.

Really, it's laughable. Only someone clueless enough to vote for him twice could be clueless enough to publicly proclaim his or her ongoing support of this disaster.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 PM

372 posts, read 444,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if you don't understand it, wait until Hillary runs, woman, will vote for her simply b/c she is a woman and for no other reason....
You don't understand it? It is as plain as the nose on your face.

Remember the black woman, screaming, "I'm voting for Obama b/c I got a free Obama phome" she wasn't even able to speak english correcting, but she is voting for him simply b/c she got a phone?

Sheeesh....

not everyone is qualified for a job due to their gender or skin color, but try and tell some Americans that?

Barack Obama Bad for America

and read this, is this the reason Obama wants to open the boarders....
Yanno, when 911 happened, I really thought, this country would close up the boarders....honestly I was shocked, when they didn't....and now, the terrorists have camps here, actual camps....before, during and after 911....but they still will not close off the boarders....not even Bush administration did so....why?

this statement you made, can work both ways, for both parties involved....
And you have people who think Obama is the Antichrist that vote however I don't think that is representative of white voters who voted against him. I am black and my family is well educated. Some of them voted some didn't some don't like Obama and some do. We vary. We are not all low info voters who want free stuff as many like to believe. Its hard to take site entitled "Obamamustgo" seriously.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:27 PM

23,612 posts, read 23,913,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Well, if Congress refuses to pass laws (....their job!), what is he supposed to do?
Negotiate. Compromise. Work WITH congress, instead of around them.

THAT is HIS job. You claim that congress isn't doing theirs - will you apply the same criticism to the president?

Let me put it this way: Bill Clinton was IMPEACHED by the house, yet he still managed to work with them to get the business of the nation done. Obama has NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER for failing to even try.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,075,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
You keep claiming that he's so arrogant and he's sidestepping Congress. You can't "sidestep" a group that never comes to the table in the first place, and simply refuses to communicate with you. What exactly do you expect him to do, just sit on his laurels and never take any action because Congress is behaving like petulant children throwing a tantrum because they can't always have their way? They have specifically stated that they would say no to anything and everything the President wants. No discussion necessary. Whatever he wants, they are automatically against. They refuse to pass any laws. They do absolutely nothing. Exactly how are you supposed to work with people like that? Executive privilege exists for a reason. Obama is not the first President to use it, and I'm certain he won't be the last.
Whoa! The Republican House has sent law after law after law to the Senate. Harry Reid will not bring them to the floor...throws them away...these are laws that would straighten up our economy and stop the brutality by which government agencies hurt America. Who is stopping the work of Congress?

In addition, when bad legislation is brought forth by either party or proposed by the President that bad legislation needs to be stopped in its tracks. Period! So far almost all of the Democrat's proposed legislation has been very bad for America. Thank heavens the House Republics are there to stop the Democrat-proposed destruction.

Last edited by lorrysda; 07-07-2014 at 01:45 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,075,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
Who told you that? Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck? The next problem is that people listen to these idiots that say things for views smh
Neither...I keep myself very well informed and have lived long enough plus been active in many levels of politics and owned and ran businesses for over 60 years. Anyone who has intelligence and experience for which to utilize that intelligence comes to the same conclusions. It's a fact! Please educate yourself so you have a greater perspective and knowledge of which you speak.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:03 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I voted for him in 2008 and 2012. I wasn't all that thrilled about him either time, but I chose what I felt was the lesser of two evils.

In 2008 I was worried about John McCain's advanced age and health problems and his selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate. If she had not been on the ticket, there is a good chance I would have voted Republican for the first time ever in a presidential election.

In 2012, there was no way I was going to vote for Mitt Romney. He is a member of a religion I consider a cult, and I can't vote for a Mormon. Sorry.

I'm utterly disgusted by Barack Obama's approach to illegal immigration. I'm WORSE off now than I was when he took office. If I had it to do over again, I'd have just stayed home in '08 and '12.
His approach to immigration is the same as all of his predecessors.

And what you said about Romney is bigoted. I have no use for Christianity either and i consider all religions to be cults, but to single out Romney is completely unfair. He appears to be no less decent as a person than any other presidential candidate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
How anyone with a functioning brain cell can 1) still support Obama and then 2) publicly admit it is completely beyond me.

Really, it's laughable. Only someone clueless enough to vote for him twice could be clueless enough to publicly proclaim his or her ongoing support of this disaster.
You voted for Bush...twice. You believed in the (failed..because of Bush) Iraq War. You thought Saddam was partly responsible for 9/11.

So what should we make of voters like yourself?

Old 07-07-2014, 02:05 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,033,492 times
Yes of course, he is my president for the next 2 1/2 years whether I like it or not and I'm not a right wing nutjob who is ready to take up arms against my government.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,337,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I do, but by and large, he's been a disappointment. The best thing he has going for him is that he's not John McCain or Mitt Romney -- both of which would have been disasters. I really have no interest in going back into Iraq for another decade or two of war.
Staying in Afghanistan for another 10 years is SO much better. Funny how people don't care when "their" president goes to war.
10 More Years in Afghanistan Washington's Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies