Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of people who get pregnant before getting married?
I think less of them- sex before marriage is wrong 16 45.71%
It's OK because it is the 21st Century 15 42.86%
It's OK as long as it was a mistake and they were trying to have children before marriage 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 04:00 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
#3 in your poll doesn't make any sense. It can't be a "mistake if they were trying to have children before marriage.
I interpreted that one the way I felt-I figured he meant they meant to get married anyway but got pregnant.

It happened to my brother, and he and his wife are still married 31 years later and have 5 beautiful daughters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 04:03 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Meh. I live in a place where we have some of the lowest marriage rates on earth; 3.0 per 1,000 people.
People just set up house together and babies just come. No need to have an airborne omnipotent Superman give his blessing.
I think that's good for you, since any decent member of the opposite sex probably wouldn't marry you anyway. Unless they are actively seeking out an anti-social person who loves to insult people.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I assume women who get pregnant out of wedlock are lazy, careless, and/or selfish.

There is no reasonable excuse to become pregnant by accident.

Women own 1/2 the world and all of the pu*sy....

Men are granted permission from the one that holds all the candy.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think that's good for you, since any decent member of the opposite sex probably wouldn't marry you anyway. Unless they are actively seeking out an anti-social person who loves to insult people.
Lol! You should take a gander at your own posts.
Anti-social? Do you even know what that means? I don't think you do.
Give me an example of my anti-social posts. I'll wait.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:56 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
I assume women who get pregnant out of wedlock are lazy, careless, and/or selfish.

The I guess we should assume you're ignorant of the fact that no method of contraception is 100% effective, eh? And it would seem you're not too aware that pregnancies aren't accomplished by women alone either, or are you just happy to give men a pass on being equally lazy, careless, and/or selfish?

Old 07-09-2014, 05:16 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Single mothers have been elevated in our society to an almost saint like level. Women often proudly admit that they are a single mother to get sympathy from others or in many cases they think that it is cause for respect. In reality, most single mothers have made poor choices by not being selective about who they sleep around with and mainly have themselves to blame for their own predicament.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:

I assume both the man and woman who engage in unprotected sex without the emotional maturity and financial resources to raise a child are emotionally immature and irresponsible. Given 40?% of all US births are paid for by Medicaid, it's obvious a heck of a lot of men and women are seriously irresponsible.

There is no reasonable excuse for an accident. Heck, there are no accidents. Everyone knows the consequences of unprotected sex.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They are only counting non married, unplanned pregnancy.

Even most married couples don't plan their children, they just happen.
Children are the consequence of unprotected sex between a man and woman. Unless both are mentally defective, they know the potential consequences.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Unwed pregnancy is the topic, Memphis. Most unmarried, pregnant women planned their pregnancy, almost 2/3. Married pregnancies are irrelevant to this particular discussion.
Where did you get the 2/3 from?

Engaging in unprotected sex means both the man and woman are rolling the dice in terms of outcome.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes, but we started talking about "unplanned" pregnancies.

My point is, most pregnancies are unplanned, married, single, whatever. Most people don't plan to have a baby.
Seems to contradict the most common outcome of unprotected sex between a man and woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies