Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Do you want some butter or a shake of White Cheddar powder with that

Fear of gangs does not qualify for refugee status.
When the gangs own the politicians, it does.

Regardless, US laws passed in the 2000's requires the US to accept minor refugees from non- contiguous nations and either locate family members or put them into foster care.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:31 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Butter and garlic salt, thanks.

And neither you nor I determine refugee status. That's bureaucrats somewhere. However, I practically guarantee that whatever decision is made in this hot mess, you WILL be angry at Obama. Am I right?
I don't know if angry is the right word. I think Obama is a doofus.
I could go on and on how the drug war has created the environment in which these
children live, and how it facilitates this type of migration, but in essence they are
coming here and will see the same issues here, that they left behind, because of it.

Then there becomes a great divide when it comes to "paying for them".
It should not be the taxpayers responsibility. If charity organizations want to
step up to the plate, so be it, e.g. International Red Cross.

Then there is the issue of do they pose a security or health risk. I say yes
to both. It's already proven that our border patrol has become distracted
from doing their real job, and these children have head lice, scabies, and
possible outbreaks of TB.

We can change the immigration laws to match why folks come. But until then,
what they are doing is illegal. Without a rule of law at our border, there is no
reason for anyone to abide by any of them once inside.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Butter and garlic salt, thanks.

And neither you nor I determine refugee status. That's bureaucrats somewhere. However, I practically guarantee that whatever decision is made in this hot mess, you WILL be angry at Obama. Am I right?
It's not a stretch to think there could be big money behind this influx, designed to sustain the "blame the Obama"!game. Most folk seem exhausted and incapable of reading beyond a sensational headline or sound bite.

The laws on the books going back to 2002 make it clear the US is required to locate families or put these children into foster care.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's not a stretch to think there could be big money behind this influx, designed to sustain the "blame the Obama"!game. Most folk seem exhausted and incapable of reading beyond a sensational headline or sound bite.

The laws on the books going back to 2002 make it clear the US is required to locate families or put these children into foster care.
Why doesn't President Obama issue another executive order and revoke this law?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:38 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
That is an excellent question.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Some are here in the USA.
If the parents/adults are here - who have the kids been staying with back home? Certainly not by themselves... I just don't compute sending kids here en mass without any adult supervision.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
They are sending them because the United States government is allowing them to stay. The moment these children are bused into the neighborhoods of Beacon Hill, Pacific Heights, or god forbid The Hamptons, someone will find His pen and phone and manage to close the loophole that is allowing these children to come here.
US law allow them to stay.

How many first world nations adjoin the third world?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Something else is driving this mass migration into the US though.
We have not seen numbers this high.

Border patrol is now driving the roads with busses, not vans to pick up illegals so many are coming across.

I just can't believe that these people are just now figuring out a 12 year old law.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Has anyone thought about WHY all these Latino kids are being sent here?

What parent does this? ... EXCEPT if they are getting paid, or receiving some benefit to giving up their children.

Why else would parents send kids out like this?
One reason is the hope that their children can get the better life that America affords.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:45 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
He ran out of ink?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies