Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 05:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Tell me this story is not true.
Tell me that Guatamala and Mexico did not strike a deal to allow Guatamalans safe passage through Mexico to the US.
If that's the case, then i'll truly believe that this is all part of an agenda -- perhaps to put pressure on congressional republicans to expedite an amnesty. i am absolutely shocked that the obama admnistration is just sitting back and allowing countless people to cross the border illegally on a daily basis, without intending to do anything to halt the flow of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 05:36 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
I hope you all realize this entire issue isn't about (R)'s or (D)'s but rather (B)'s.

Who has the most to gain?

Old 07-09-2014, 06:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Obama spent the day hanging out and playing pool in Colorado.

When he came to Texas he went to 2 Dem fundraisers and never set foot near the border.

It's like it's not happening in his mind.

And that should tell you something right there. Maybe in his warp mind, he does not see this as a problem.

Oh he has time to go to 2 dem fundraisers, but does not have time to set foot near the border, GOT IT.

See what his priorities are all about.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:10 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Southcom Commander Kelly Calls Border Crisis Existential Threat - Investors.com

Im guessing they're going to fire or re-assign this general soon. They certainly arent listening to him.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Tell me this story is not true.
Tell me that Guatamala and Mexico did not strike a deal to allow Guatamalans safe passage through Mexico to the US.

Mexico made deal to send more illegal aliens to the U.S. - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
On Monday, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and Guatemalan president Otto Perez Molina held a joint press conference in Playas de Catazaja, Mexico, to officially announce an agreement to make it easier for those making the illegal journey to the United States from Central America, to cross into Mexico.

Officially, the program will grant the cards to only illegal aliens from Guatemala and Belize, allowing them to remain in Mexico's southern states for 72 hours (more than enough time to reach the U.S./Mexican border by train).
The program will also give special protection and even financial assistance to unaccompanied minors now pouring across our border.

Here's the original article:
El Universal - Nación - México y Guatemala protegerán a migrantes
Of course it's "true" ..... I've said from the very beginning - does anyone actually know ANY "children" or even "poor" people that can travel almost 1,500 miles across a Country like Mexico with their Narco Gang Wars (be-headings all along the pathway) and conveniently end up in a Texas Border town to turn themselves into the US Border Patrol to claim "asylum"? It just doesn't work that way. It HAS to be carefully co-ordinated.

As for "how to stop it" ..... one very simple thing that nobody is mentioning ..... STOP all remissions (sending money out of the USA) to these Countries that are sending their people to the USA.
Those illegals that are already here, would not be able to send money to the Coyotes to smuggle "relatives" into the USA. Those illegals that are here, would not be able to send USA Money to family and friends back in their Home Countries. This one thing would stop a lot of what they are doing.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
If that's the case, then i'll truly believe that this is all part of an agenda -- perhaps to put pressure on congressional republicans to expedite an amnesty. i am absolutely shocked that the obama admnistration is just sitting back and allowing countless people to cross the border illegally on a daily basis, without intending to do anything to halt the flow of illegals.
I've posted several links to news articles (The Washington Post) that quote "Democratic Strategists" that claim they believe this Border Crisis is their "Path" to winning the 2014 Mid Term elections - they believe this will "Rev up the Hispanic Base".

They are wrong, but it is what they believe and it is also why this is happening now. Pure Politics for re-election of Democrats.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Of course it's "true" ..... I've said from the very beginning - does anyone actually know ANY "children" or even "poor" people that can travel almost 1,500 miles across a Country like Mexico with their Narco Gang Wars (be-headings all along the pathway) and conveniently end up in a Texas Border town to turn themselves into the US Border Patrol to claim "asylum"? It just doesn't work that way. It HAS to be carefully co-ordinated.

As for "how to stop it" ..... one very simple thing that nobody is mentioning ..... STOP all remissions (sending money out of the USA) to these Countries that are sending their people to the USA.
Those illegals that are already here, would not be able to send money to the Coyotes to smuggle "relatives" into the USA. Those illegals that are here, would not be able to send USA Money to family and friends back in their Home Countries. This one thing would stop a lot of what they are doing.
How would you stop the mail???

Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
This lady is right on.

Houston Black Woman EPIC Rant on Illegals - " Why Can't They Go Back ? " - Bernadette Lancelin - YouTube

Old 07-09-2014, 08:13 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
I find this interesting and also hypocritical, where is the support of the TX, AZ and CA congressional delegations on the bills pending in congress. Rick Perry asking Obama to uses Executive Orders to solve this problem, where is congress.

Quote:
Obama said there was nothing Perry asked for that he had a philosophical
objection to and said he had instructed his staff to work with the governor on
some of his suggestions. But the president added that “if you ask people what we
should be doing, they give suggestions that are already embodied in legislation
I’ve sent to Congress.

Perry, Obama said, suggested the president take far stronger actions along
the border without waiting for Congress. Obama said he reminded Perry that House
Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) has announced a lawsuit against the president
for abusing his executive authority.
Obama defends not visiting Texas border, saying he

Old 07-09-2014, 08:16 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Default What PROOF is there that the children are Guatemalans?

Let's hear it, Administration.

Are there really so many Guatemalan legal immigrants that 300,000 children have legal family here?

Or is this crisis just another ploy by guvment to manipulate us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies