Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Just curios........has anyone proposed a bill to repeal that portion of the 2002 law that prevents immediate deportation of refugees fron non contiguous borders?
Mr. Obama has said he would veto it - even after saying it was the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Congress this week was working to pass a law that would provide aid to deal with the influx of immigrant children and make the bulk of them a lot easier to deport by changing some existing laws. The tea party leaning nutjob part of the party though decided that doing their job and passing anything was too much to ask. Congress is now in recess for 5 weeks and nothing has been done.

A lot of people have wanted to point fingers about the problem. Now you have a good target. The tea baggers and the people who elected them now bear all of the responsibility for this mess and nothing will happen to help for another 5 weeks.

You thought up all of that gobbledy-**** on your own? Impressive.

Given the fact Obama has no plan at all and merely sat on his hands for the first 6 months of the year makes him the first target for finger pointing. He will be in Martha's Vineyard with his elite buddies and will sign off on countless EOs in an attempt to take care of things his way...illegally. How is congress to act when the POTUS is a fitful and petulant man child who has yet to preside? He has no concept of the facts and is no leader of this nation. He is a rabble rousing community organizer who should never been shown the light of day. I might hope he takes a boat ride and the ship sinks but that leaves Hairplug Joe as the most lameduck POTUS in recorded history. Who wants to listen to a drunken version of BHO?

Hopefully he will continue to sit on his hands but that is unlikely. He will most likely make extremely biased temporary appointments to pass his agenda. Go ahead and do some more unconstitutional stuff, Barry.

Left wing nut jobs are already dancing about as Hare Krishna zombies.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As you have!!

Thanks.
Works for me, I prefer to let the readers here decide who is being honest and who isn't themselves, I trust their opinion when presented with record of posts.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:34 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, the Repubs proposed it right after Obama said his hands were tied.
Pelosi then started with "Let's not rush into this"
And then did a complete 360 and said she was against it and if anything Mexico needed to be added to the bill.

That's why this died so quick. That was the expedited deportation language the Repubs would have added to Obama's emergency request.

Senate Democrats Push Back Against Speedy Deportations - WSJ
That would be a 180° She reversed her position.

A 360° is just a full circle, though I can imagine Pelosi doing 360s down the halls of Congress as she tries to figure out where her office is.

They keep telling her it's on Cannon Hob...

Old 08-01-2014, 11:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Personal responsibility, try it sometime. Mainstream Republicans, mainstream Democrats, fringe Democrats and the President were all willing to step up to do something to make the necessary changes to the laws to ship these kids back home.

The tea baggers were not. They're to blame at this point. Far be it for those idiots to actually do their job. To be clear, I'm not bashing the right, just the tea party idiots. Plenty of them only pretend to be conservative.
No they aren't. Obama had already said he isn't deporting anybody.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Works for me, I prefer to let the readers here decide who is being honest and who isn't themselves, I trust their opinion when presented with record of posts.
Most have known it was a misleading post from the get-go, however, my post was to prove that the left and people such as you will only call out people they disagree with, and as you can see, page after page of me asking for people such as you and others to call out anyone else, THAT has NOT happened.

Again, thanks for proving my point and letting other say just as misleading as mine, yet they have not been called out...

Bravo!

Keep the blinders on!

Old 08-01-2014, 11:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You seem to be misinformed.

"President Obama threatened Wednesday to veto the House’s border-spending bill, saying it doesn’t give him enough money, cancels important environmental protections and removes vital judicial checks for the illegal immigrant children surging into the U.S.

The threat, issued in an official statement of policy, puts Mr. Obama at odds with even some Democrats who say changes are needed to a 2008 law granting Central American children a long judicial process before they can be deported. Mr. Obama himself called for changes to the 2008 law earlier this month, but has since backed away under intense political pressure from immigrant rights groups.

Read more: Obama vows veto of House border bill - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter"
Right after that good ole Harry had a "closed door" luncheon with his fellow Democrats.

They are all on the same page now.."No changes to the 2008 bill".

Old 08-01-2014, 11:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No they aren't. Obama had already said he isn't deporting anybody.
LIE. Prove it or wear it.

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The agencies aren't sitting there waiting on a check from Congress.

The illegals have their suites with TVs, they are being flown all over the country including Hawaii.
They are being given medical, dental care along with food, toys and clothes and allowed to make phone calls anywhere in the world.

Those kids are living better than they ever have even in those detention centers.

Who is paying for all this largesse? When was the money appropriated by Congress?

1,316 posts, read 1,447,251 times
Quote:
Congress this week was working to pass a law that would provide aid to deal with the influx of immigrant children and make the bulk of them a lot easier to deport by changing some existing laws. The tea party leaning nutjob part of the party though decided that doing their job and passing anything was too much to ask. Congress is now in recess for 5 weeks and nothing has been done.

A lot of people have wanted to point fingers about the problem. Now you have a good target. The tea baggers and the people who elected them now bear all of the responsibility for this mess and nothing will happen to help for another 5 weeks.
What flavor of Kool Aid is Dear Leader serving you today...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies