Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They can't. Securing the borders is a Fed job and the Feds have told the states "hands off, it's our job" only they don't want to do their job.
Not entirely true, I am aware of Texas, California, and Puerto Rico having special state level border security task forces. All obviously work in conjunction with the Border Patrol, CBP, Coast Guard, etc.

At one point under Ahnuld California was going to create a California Border Police.
California Border Police Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 02:30 AM

205 posts, read 245,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not "children" as they portray on the tube. Hell most of these clowns are teenagers who will join gangs and ravage the country. Who would send their ten year old kid from Honduras or wherever to run the border on their own? Nobody. It's all BS. I've had it. So many lies............and they dump em on free planes and they get free healthcare free lawyers to fight their case and in the end half of em haven't even shown up for their hearings. Our president is doing everything he can to destroy our country. Or what is left of it. He wants 4 billion to take care of illegals but our vets sit and die in the VA. What does Obama do..........go on vacation to the vineyards. Just pathetic.
I like how everyone blames Obama when it was Bush that signed the law saying that anyone from central and South America could be given a deportation hearing before they are deported. This means that Mexicans and Canadians do not get one and get deported immediately.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
I like how everyone blames Obama when it was Bush that signed the law saying that anyone from central and South America could be given a deportation hearing before they are deported. This means that Mexicans and Canadians do not get one and get deported immediately.
Because Bush isn't here to fix, but Obama can. It was Biden's bill that passed in both houses and yes, Bush signed it. It was intended to be used for sex trafficking and nothing else. It would be very easy for Obama to use his means and influence to fix it. He doesn't want too.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 AM

57,220 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Not "children" as they portray on the tube. Hell most of these clowns are teenagers who will join gangs and ravage the country. Who would send their ten year old kid from Honduras or wherever to run the border on their own? Nobody. It's all BS. I've had it. So many lies............and they dump em on free planes and they get free healthcare free lawyers to fight their case and in the end half of em haven't even shown up for their hearings. Our president is doing everything he can to destroy our country. Or what is left of it. He wants 4 billion to take care of illegals but our vets sit and die in the VA. What does Obama do..........go on vacation to the vineyards. Just pathetic.
While I am sure that some will join gangs that is far from the norm, they are fleeing violence as is the case in many countries. Things are be pretty bad by all accounts, for someone to take those risks it has to be.

Good to see some lawmakers taking bipartisan action.

Quote:

The legislation by the two Texas lawmakers — Senator John Cornyn, the
chamber’s No. 2 Republican, and Representative Henry Cuellar, a Democrat — would
amend a 2008 law intended to stop sex trafficking that grants migrant children
from Central America extra legal protections when they cross the border,
protections that Mr. Obama has said make it harder to return the children
quickly to their home countries.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/us...ants.html?_r=0

Old 07-15-2014, 06:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
I don't care who signed what. They should both be impeached, well the latter impeached earlier. We are being invaded under the guise of sympathy and our leaders sit around yucking it up doing nothing. It's a friggen joke. Deport anyone who comes here illegally I don't care if they are carrying a taco or a bottle of syrup.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
While I am sure that some will join gangs that is far from the norm, they are fleeing violence as is the case in many countries. Things are be pretty bad by all accounts, for someone to take those risks it has to be.

Good to see some lawmakers taking bipartisan action.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/us...ants.html?_r=0
Oh so it's fine if just "some" join MS13?? I bet if one hacks up your family with a machete you would think different.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
They are coming here to AVOID joining a gang in their homelands, where not joining is a death sentence. Funny how you ignore the facts and just spit out the same old right-wing rhetoric, I see some things never change.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Well the central American countries have gone to the UN to ask them to intercede here and declare them all refugees seeking asylum. They want the US to treat them all as refugees.

And the WH now says children fleeing danger will stay.

Now tell me that any of these hundreds of thousands of illegals won't say they are fleeing danger.

IMHO most are fleeing poverty. What they are telling reporters is that they plan to stay with family, send their kids to school and get jobs.

There's no more living in the shadows.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Strange you did not call to report them.
My youngest son is an Electrical Engineer and the older one owns his own business, neither has anything to worry about.
Want to cure the problem arrest those hiring them and guess what, No Jobs = No (Ok, fewer) Illegals.
Ah yes punish the evil Americans and let the ILLEGALS run wild in gangs to kill those same evil Americans. So go liberal attitudes.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They are coming here to AVOID joining a gang in their homelands, where not joining is a death sentence. Funny how you ignore the facts and just spit out the same old right-wing rhetoric, I see some things never change.
As liberals say...............their problem. We don't need it here we got enough gang bangers killing folks. Why don't you take a few of these innocent tattooed heroes into your home there Mr. Sympathy? So they AVOID joining gangs in their country but come here where they can make more money. Hip Hip Hooray go the liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies