Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 07:59 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,917,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
All the polls, marches, Hispanic advocacy groups prove otherwise. The majority of Hispanic-Americans are ok with illegal aliens of Hispanic ethnicity and want amnesty for them.
That doesn't mean some don't approve of illegal aliens, it means those polled do. All Hispanics are not the same. They actually have a brain and not all of them walk in lockstep. Most blacks voted for Obama, not all blacks voted for Obama. People have different opinions on any number of issues and polls are a reflection, not an absolute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrak View Post
Sometimes the statement "I'm from Missouri" can set you up to look less than ... well. there have been hundreds, if not thousands of people crossing the border illegally for be smuggled into America illegally for some 10 years. Mexico encourages people to cross the border. Let's say we know 100 illegals get past border patrol every day. That is easy enough to research and prove. one hundred each day for 350 days (time off for Christmas and the like) that's 350,00 a year. This has been going on for ten years or more so let's just use ten. 350,000 times 10, 3,500,000. Okay subtract a percentage out as they are not hispanic but terrorists that intermingle, so we have 3,150,000 illegals and 350,000 people who hate America and want to do it harm. Those numbers are enough to scare me and I would hope they do you. Whatever the numbers are, we have rules, we have a procedure in place for people to come to this country. If you are an illegal, you are breaking our law unless you agree with our President that laws to be enforced or ignored are at his discretion.
I never said we weren't a nation of laws. I never said illegal aliens weren't breaking the law. That, however, was not what I was talking about. I was responding to fallacious comments from another person. Someone has not shown me that illegal immigrants outnumber Hispanics. I have not seen an actual count. That is my point.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:13 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One can only estimate. The Border Patrol estimates they apprehend only 10-20% of those crossing.
If they caught 290,000 since last October then how many did make it across and disappear into society ?

We've been told a static 11 million for over 10 years now. Has any group of people ever stayed at a static number for over a decade ?

And that original number (10 million I think) was based on a researcher doing modeling of illegals in California back in the early 90's.

I just don't think that for every 1 new illegal that comes here that another one here goes home.
One can only estimate, meaning one does not know for sure. My point is if you don't know for sure, then you can't honestly say that illegal immigrants outnumber Hispanics.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:16 PM

7,440 posts, read 5,704,685 times
Does this guy even know how to tell the truth? Does he even know what it means? Why are moonbats not pissed that he's using them? Lying to them? Manipulating them?

Whitehouse Hide The Number of Illegal Families

November is going to be very painful for moonbats. I can't find a single person that is willing to publicly say they support Hussien. Most want him hung for treason.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:00 AM

88,729 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
This is an informal local process. The BP leads them on a bus and hauls them over the border. They periodically do it to some American who annoys them. It is not documented well because no one wants it documented well.
What a load of BS.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
That doesn't mean some don't approve of illegal aliens, it means those polled do. All Hispanics are not the same. They actually have a brain and not all of them walk in lockstep. Most blacks voted for Obama, not all blacks voted for Obama. People have different opinions on any number of issues and polls are a reflection, not an absolute.
That's true, and what I found very interesting was the difference between Black males and females who voted for Obama. Data here:
http://www.latinodecisions.com/blog/...Bejarano_1.png

Old 07-21-2014, 05:37 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Its funny how the border situation is a "crises" only as long as people have nothing better to talk about. The conversations of the nation mimic the conversations of the politics and the mass media.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its funny how the border situation is a "crises" only as long as people have nothing better to talk about. The conversations of the nation mimic the conversations of the politics and the mass media.
If it weren't a crisis, Obama wouldn't be asking for $3.7 billion of taxpayer money to deal with it.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,651,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If it weren't a crisis, Obama wouldn't be asking for $3.7 billion of taxpayer money to deal with it.
That is true. It is a crisis and the WH motto is: Never let a crisis go to waste.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:42 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If it was a crises the Congress would have given it to him in a second
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies