Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, something did happen. They authorized funding for 700 miles of fence, and they built 700 miles of fence.

Let us take a look at the thread title again: " **** Crisis at the Border *****"
Fence isn't stopping little children. Why our government is a trainwreck. So it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 03:46 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I have plenty and would shoot if they came streaming my way. You on the other hand sit back and let it happen. I lived down south I would probably be in jail from you illegal protectors. lol
Are you in a Militia? Why not? You will fit right in. imo

Old 07-22-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Actually I probably would. You would not though.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Back to the point............children are now smashing the border or so you folks say. Where is our border security........where is our government protecting us? You seem to care more about the illegals.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Back to the point............children are now smashing the border or so you folks say. Where is our border security........where is our government protecting us? You seem to care more about the illegals.
At least describe what is happening correctly.

Children are not smashing the border. What they are doing is taking advantage of a section of the border that cannot workably be sealed to give themselves up to the border patrol. They intend to be caught. As a result they commit no crime and are in fact in the US lawfully once they check in with BP.

And the border cannot be secured at those sites without great damage to the locals who will resist it. The Rio Grande is navigable and the banks are in private or public ownership. To secure it you would have to seize the river front property and build a fence some distance back from the water. The Texans are going to strongly resist any such acts.

The appropriate response to all this would be fast hearing and quick deportations as the President has proposed. There is enough support for the minors to prevent a change to the law depriving the minors of their court hearings. So quick justice is the only approach available...but that is being blocked by refusing to fund it.

All in all we continue to cut off our nose to spite our face.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
Once again, Ivoc, you missed the point regarding the diseases and are off on a whole other tangent. The credibility being destroyed is yours. Actually, in this message you are saying that a good portion of the kids may get to stay and then in more recent messages you are saying they are being deported. And I'll respond to those in other messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There are all sorts of things wrong about illegal immigration into the US. They do not have much to do with public health.

As you raise those issues you destroy your credibility. We accept vast numbers of people from places much more dangerous and disease prone than Central America every day at Boston and New York and Chicago and Los Angeles.

My position is that there are lots of good reasons for opposing illegal immigration. Try them. We don't need people with phoney reasons.

And a good portion of the kids may get to stay as they have a good case for asylum. Ain't that a *****.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:37 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Legal immigrants get health checks before they come here illegal aliens do not. The difference is obvious and so are the results.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:42 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
For all of you that think it is OK for these illegal children to stay here in the states I suggest that each one of you start by taking in five of them and supporting them on your dollars with no help from the government and if you are unwilling to do that you need to shut up .

Old 07-22-2014, 05:47 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
For all of you that think it is OK for these illegal children to stay here in the states I suggest that each one of you start by taking in five of them and supporting them on your dollars with no help from the government and if you are unwilling to do that you need to shut up .
I'd rather they be deported unless they can prove without a doubt that they are entitled to a true refugee status. They will grow up and compete for jobs and resources against Americans and tend to have large families and we don't need the added population growth.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Nothing like folks from say Maryland telling Texans how we should feel about illegal immigration. (Just using Maryland as an example. Could have used any non border state) I am glad these illegals are being shipped all over the country. They can share in what we have had to put up with for decades. I hope you all enjoy your new barrios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies