Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
OK....do you have a 30 second link to support your stance???
Um Google Barack Obama and look at his Wikipedia what page. Plenty of listed successes in life before he heaven went into politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 01:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
So if I write an op ed on a website saying that the Smurfs are real and that Papa Smurf is a communist would someone post it here swearing that it's real saying that the smurfs got who they voted for or would that be kind of stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
Obama is a great 'community organizer" and a terrible president. Anyone who thought that a community organizer with no executive skills at all would make a good president needs to have thier voting rights revoked.
When you put away your partisan skirt and stop only reading silly, childish biased news sources, you'd probably have a different opinion.

Time for people in this country who call themselves conservative to stop crying and think for themselves.
I suppose if we were Smurfs that analogy would make sense. Since we are humans, we use the best data we can find. Your definition of "childish biased news sources" seems to be any that say a bad thing about your cult leader.

You don't have to be partisan to use common sense. Unlike you, I'll rail against any bad politician regardless of party, and the source I cited is quite neutral.

I love it... you use cartoon characters to make an analogy, and then call neutral news sources childish.

Quote:
As opposed to Republicanwhinerbots? How's that glass house treat you?
You simply can't make this stuff up.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
More whining from the hypocrite right.

Yawn!!

Old 07-09-2014, 01:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Wait, aren't there a slew of posts here complaining about his Executive Orders? The leader of the House is talking about suing him for his decisions. I'd say you're straight up wrong on decisions.

Presidents don't pass legislation. They sign it into law. Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids It has lots of pictures to help.

In terms of major pieces of legislation he pushed, there was more than the ACA. It's funny how so many childish people are whining in this forum about all that he has done and now you're saying he hasn't done anything. Sure.

Comparing Reagan's congress to the modern one is not the same thing at all. Congress works differently now, most districts are jury rigged and lawmakers don't want to do anything that might threaten their position in the primary for their own party. have a look at what the current Congress has passed vs the one in place with Raegan. None of those Presidents you mentioned had to face the current situation. Not a valid comparison.

Like Obama or not, can you please make some better arguments.
Actually, the arguments are just fine but they don't resonate when they butt-up against a totally closed, wholly partisan mind, but I repeat myself!

And before you squeal, I'm a total independent.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:02 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
As opposed to Republicanwhinerbots? How's that glass house treat you?
I'm unaware of any modern-day Republican figure with a cult following like that of Obama. A cult following who spends hours a day here trying to convince us their messiah can do no wrong, and instead to blame everyone else. It's downright creepy.

At least Republicans recognize and admit issues with Bush.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:14 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Um Google Barack Obama and look at his Wikipedia what page. Plenty of listed successes in life before he heaven went into politics.
I know you think he is from "heaven" but, he is not.....

The man pushed the wrong buttons on six votes when he was in the state senate.....and did not know it!!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I know this isn't a surprise, but America was warned!

Obama's Falling Poll Ratings Signal A Crisis For Liberalism - Investors.com

You got what you voted for, or at least what they said you voted for!
Every president has faced falling poll ratings in their second term. This "important point" is actually fairly meaningless.

As far as getting what you voted for, by your logic this means that all those conservatives and Republicans who voted for George W. Bush wanted the economic crash, housing disaster and massive unemployment his admin brought us. Thanks a lot Bush voters, because the rest of us got stuck with your mess and your wars

Old 07-09-2014, 03:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The federal government is being run like Detroit's city government. Total failure.
I see that too.

Here is a very good article IMO

"The most obvious candidate is the city’s vast unfunded pension programs, which have been running deficits for years. Fully 99.6 percent of the city’s retiree health-care liabilities are unfunded, and the program generally pays 80 percent to 100 percent of retirees’ medical costs. From 2007 to 2012, the city’s two biggest pension programs paid out $3.3 billion more in benefits than they took in through contributions or investment income. Unfunded obligations account for $9.2 billion of Detroit’s $18 billion debt: $3.5 billion comes from the pension part and $5.7 billion comes from the retiree health-care liability."

"the city throws plenty of money at its schools, which are beholden to the powerful Detroit Federation of Teachers, spending more than $14,000 a student annually. Yet little value is received in return: In 2009, Detroit public-school students turned in the lowest scores ever recorded in the national math-proficiency test. More than a third of students fail to graduate."

"In many ways, Detroit is a model of tax-and-spend liberalism"

Government, Not Globalization, Destroyed Detroit | Cato Institute

Old 07-09-2014, 03:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Every president has faced falling poll ratings in their second term. This "important point" is actually fairly meaningless.

As far as getting what you voted for, by your logic this means that all those conservatives and Republicans who voted for George W. Bush wanted the economic crash, housing disaster and massive unemployment his admin brought us. Thanks a lot Bush voters, because the rest of us got stuck with your mess and your wars
Bush had nothing to do with the economic crash. His first six years the economy was all sunshine and roses. The democrats took over congress his last two years and everything then went to h$ll..
You either don't know the facts, ar refuse to admit the truth..
All the failures you mention can be directly attributed to the demo congress. Every time a democrat gets involved in anything, it fails..

Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
So if I write an op ed on a website saying that the Smurfs are real and that Papa Smurf is a communist would someone post it here swearing that it's real saying that the smurfs got who they voted for or would that be kind of stupid.

When you put away your partisan skirt and stop only reading silly, childish biased news sources, you'd probably have a different opinion.

Time for people in this country who call themselves conservative to stop crying and think for themselves.

Brilliant. So let me get this straight- you think Obama is a great president and that anyone who voted for him (a community organizer with no executive experience and association with known communists throughout his life) was well informed and made a wise decision? Events of his presidency would suggest otherwise.

1. record $17.5 trillion debt
2. record deficits
3. open borders with no enforcement of immigration laws
4. higher taxes
5. record number of citizens on food stamps
6. record numbers of citizens unemployed
7. record number of citizens on social security disability
8. lower incomes
9. foreign policy disasters
a. Ukraine
b. Libya
c. Egypt
d. Syria
e. Iraq
10. war on coal
11. limits on energy exploration on federal lands
12. failed $1 trillion stimulus
13. IRS scandal
14. Benghazi scandal
15. Fast and Furious
16. NSA scandal
17. AG in contempt of Congress
18. Lerner in contempt of Congress
19. Obamacare disaster
20. Higher corporate taxes

The above shows a nation in decline and an incompetent president in confusion. If you think Obama is a "good" president (voted the worst since WWII), I would definately say that you are unable to judge presidents effectively and probably should not vote.

It would be analagous to someone picking the Cubs to win the World Series every year. One can appreciate the loyalty and fanatacism of the their fans, but one questions their sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies