Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 01:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

if she is innocent as you say and the dog attack was unprovoked this is a job for super lawyer. call 1 800 sleazy and breezy dog bite litigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don't agree with putting the dog down. It sounds like the officer made a mistake. The department should simply apologize and pay for all of the victim's medical bills related to the bite. Take responsibility and do the right thing.

Police dogs are supposed to be extremely well-trained and behaved. Well-trained dogs don't go around biting people for no reason and causing serious injury. If the police can't even control this dog then no one can, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be put down...before it hurts someone else.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Had that been a civilian dog that escaped, came after and then bit a cop, it would have a bullet in its head. And yet they refuse to so much as pay her bills for their own negligence? Not surprised; they are corrupt to the core and will go to incredible lengths to protect their own and avoid accountability.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,524 times
Off-topic but Arapahoe County's been in the news lately for other reasons.
The prison that was once named for Patrick Sullivan will now house him.
Former sheriff scandal of meth and sex. Ooooohh baby.....

Disgraced former Arapahoe sheriff Patrick Sullivan gets prison time

Old 07-09-2014, 06:36 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
If a dog so much as growls at a law enforcement officer it's life is in danger. If the shoe was on the other foot, the dog would have been shot.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
so let me get this straight, if my dog jumps out of me vehicle and bites some one their azz I will get sued? right!!!! but if some irresponsible coppers dog bites someone they get a free to go card.. what the pelosi is up with that...

Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
A woman was bitten by a police dog that had escaped from a deputy's patrol car during a routine stop. The dog bit through three layers of clothing and left a three inch hole in her arm. The woman is asking the Sheriff's office to pay for her medical bills that she has incurred from this incident. They refuse to do so claiming that, "the dog escaped from Deputy Cook’s patrol car without his knowledge and that Deputy Cook quickly regained control over the dog once he became aware of the situation. The woman does not want anything to happen to the dog. She just wants to the sheriff department to do the right thing and pay her medical bills.
Woman bitten by K9 dog demands help with medical bills | KWGN.com - Denver, Colorado News, Weather, Sports and more

I find this interesting as clearly the Sheriff's department is shirking all responsibility for the bite. It's also interesting in light of all of the dog shootings by police officers that we have been hearing about in the news. A double standard indeed.

The dog is considered a patrol officer, too. Forget deputy Cook. This is liability of the Sheriffs department.
Easy case to win in a jury court.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,020 times
"Take a bite out of crime"--McGruff

Old 07-10-2014, 10:52 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Attacks by police dogs should be treated the same as attacks by a private individual's dog-the vicious dog should be put down and the the owner held liable for any injuries. It is way past time to quit using dogs to do the work of police officers. Dogs should not be put in this position. The only use of dogs by PD should be perhaps bloodhounds/trackers. Not to attack humans.

PD comes on YOUR property, they will shoot your dog in a heartbeat. Same should apply any time anyone is attacked by a police dog.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
I don't agree with putting the dog down. It sounds like the officer made a mistake. The department should simply apologize and pay for all of the victim's medical bills related to the bite. Take responsibility and do the right thing.

I say put the dog down because if this would have happened to a cop, they would have killed the dog and if the dog bit the officer, the owner would have been charged with a crime, probably a felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies