Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times

Advertisements

So the press who pushed for Obama to be president in 2008 (including reporters giving him standing ovations and thrill down leg during campaign speeches are now having problems with him? Guess the people some here called neocons were right about Obama being a Communist. He's behaving just like some communist dictators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I know it's the partisan thing to do to run to the internet screaming about everything you read, but have any of you looked at the 38 groups? Looked at if this administration is doing anything different than other administrations?

Some of the things they're talking about have been around since there's been a press corps. Of course, why look into some facts if it gets in your way of Obama Derangement Syndrome. Summer will end in the fall. Totally Obama's fault.
I love the excuse "it has been going on forever".

Just wondering - Was there was outrage at the Bush administration for things that have been going on forever? Most likely.

They are all the same. At some point we have to look in the mirror before we go to vote.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I know it's the partisan thing to do to run to the internet screaming about everything you read, but have any of you looked at the 38 groups? Looked at if this administration is doing anything different than other administrations?

Some of the things they're talking about have been around since there's been a press corps. Of course, why look into some facts if it gets in your way of Obama Derangement Syndrome. Summer will end in the fall. Totally Obama's fault.
Post the groups if you have the info...

Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It is the public that you should consider....

No freedom of the press???
The press does not have the freedom to interview someone against their will.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post

Just wondering - Was there was outrage at the Bush administration for things that have been going on forever? Most likely.

They are all the same. At some point we have to look in the mirror before we go to vote.
Your post contradicts the point being made.

you clearly think its wrong to attack one president for things others have done, but yet you are calling it an "excuse".

Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post

It's not an excuse. I really don't give a hoot about the issue. You learn about the manipulation of the press in high school or the first year of college. That people don't bother to read and learn how things work is rather sad.

The thread supposes that all of these things are the result of Obama, when they might be long standing practices. There's not enough information available in this thread or other sources at this point for anyone to say.

It doesn't stop the partisan whiners from running to post it on the internet.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
'Most Transparent Administration Ever™'

Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Dr. Carson was audited for the first time after openly criticizing Barack Obama during a prayer breakfast. He was audited several times afterward.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The press does not have the freedom to interview someone against their will.
Is this about "there" will...or, the will of the WH???

Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Enjoy the world of Obama.
Um, no, this is your world...the world in which you will be living after Obama is gone.

Your next president is not going to undo anything.

It's stupid to point fingers, because this has been happening since the Wilson Administration.

In your Constitution, the seat of power is Congress, specifically the Speaker of the House. It works like this:

President: I want...
Speaker: Sit down and ****...House Majority Leader and House Minority Leader, in my office, 3 days with a list of nominees for cabinet positions.
House Majority and Minority Leaders: Roger that....(3 days later)...here's your list.
Speaker (to Senate): Here's the short list.
Senate: Cool, we'll get on it...okay, here's your confirmations.
Speaker: Fantastic.....Okay, Mr. President, here's your cabinet....if you don't like it, either deal with it or resign and we'll swear in the Vice-President and then choose a new Vice-President.

That's how your government under the Constitution actually works...the problem is that over time, power has been transferred, shifted and consolidated into the Executive Branch.

The cabinet, the federal offices and agencies in the Executive Branch are not supposed to be "Yes-Men" to the president, rather they're supposed to represent the People and the States.

By allowing the Constitution to be subverted as the President picks the heads of all the Executive Branch offices, you are allowing the creation of Group-Think....which is inherently dangerous....that's how Police States, Dictatorships and Totalitarian governments form.

I don't suppose anyone has noticed that people go directory from Ivy League Schools to the Executive Branch of government.

Basically, your entire Executive Branch is Harvard and Yale on steroids.

I would attribute the primary cause to lack of 3rd Parties. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of effecting legislation at the State, county and municipal level to block the ascension of 3rd Parties.

And then the Amendment allowing the direct election of senators guaranteed that no State would ever be able to appoint Independents and 3rd Parties (populist or not) to the Senate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can't feel too bad for them when they have been suppressing the news for years. They seem to only get upset when things like this happen to them.
Point well taken, but that has to be taken in the context of suppressed or denied access.

Quote:
It is the public that you should consider....

No freedom of the press???
People made that point when news media became owned by corporate entities.

For example, the prophecies and predictions concerning NBC and its new-found corporate parents all came true.

Is NBC ever going to report anything negative about General Electric or Westinghouse or General Dynamics?

No.

I'm referring to the civil lawsuits filed by widows of F-16 pilots against General Dynamics and others.

I mean, c'mon, even the Iranians said "You can keep your junky F-16 Falcons, we'll take the F-5 Tigers."

What does that tell you?

In order to function properly, the media and the press must be independent.

Considering....

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies