Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:54 AM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times

Advertisements

Anyone calling the ACA a success has some serious and profound mental stability issues. It's about as successful as the Ford Edsel was. Or the Hindenburg. Or the Titanic.

Oh wait... scratch the Hindenburg--it was at least successful for a time.

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The idea for health care exchanges and "premium supports" or tax credits has been a Republican idea for a long time. Medicare Advantage is a Republican idea. The idea that Human, Cigna, United, etc can provide health care cheaper than Medicare is very Republican. Republicans have voted three times to put Medicare recipients into exchanges. The last version did change allowing seniors to stay in traditional Medicare.

Paul Ryan's Budget Plan: What Happens to Medicare? | TIME.com

With consumers being able to purchase insurance ACROSS STATE LINES. For some reason Democrats didn't want consumers to have that option.

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
If you go to 5 hospitals for the exact service , you will find 5 different price tiers. Tort reform is spoken , but very quickly push down by politicians which are lawyers and the lawyers who drive malpractice premiums thru the roof. What I am trying to say there is factors why we have high cost of medical care that could be looked at in making what I would call a effective plan for all.

The Dem's ran this down our throats and we are paying dearly for their prideful acts of power.
At least in MS, there is no private competition. You have to get permission from the state legislature by showing need. The existing hospitals have lobbyists that argue there is no need thus stifling competition. That went on for years around here when Methodist Hospital wanted to build in the next town. Baptist Hospital stopped them at every turn. My guess is that Methodist finally greased enough palms to get their plans approved.

As far as insurance and Congress goes, this is the one time they had the power to step in but they did nothing. Since states hinder the interstate commerce of health insurance it should have fallen to Congress to "regulate" it. They should have knocked down those barriers. I should buy my health insurance in 15 minutes and save 15%. Or talk to Flo. Or have Pedro Cerrano from the movie Major League sell me a health insurance policy.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:17 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Obama adopted the Republican plan for healthcare and now 20 million more Americans have healthcare and yet Obama and the Democrats are taking credit for it. Why is it when Republicans come up with a plan that Obama and the Dems start to take credit for it? Shame on Dems for taking credit for a Republican plan.

Republicans Who Signed Up For Obamacare This Year Are Pretty Happy

20 Million Americans Gained Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act - TIME
Surprise.. (or maybe it isn't, since nothing else ever happens) Borregokid posts more lies.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
With an over 90% increase in my costs the money is going somewhere.
Sorry, but I don't believe that your costs went up by over 90% - certainly not for the same level of benefits.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies