Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,054,183 times

Advertisements

Hear the ‘Racial Slur’ Used by Liberal TV Host on the Air That Apparently Caused an ‘Office-Wide Gasp’ at Huffington Post | Video | TheBlaze.com

Maybe I just didn't pay attention in the past, but it sure seems like today more than ever, people are taking political correctness to an extreme. Quit acting like a bunch of whiny babies already.

He said Chinamen. So the hell what! Why is that supposed to be offensive? Its not racist and its not offensive.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:53 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,705,330 times
The fascist thought police are out in force.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:56 AM

39,926 posts, read 26,636,254 times
Were they men? Were they Chinese? If so, no problem, thought the ignorant will try to make it one.

Almost as stupid as being butt-hurt when people from the Orient are referred to as Oriental, Americans are referred to as Amis or the British as Brits, or Japanese as Japs. It's not racist you idiots.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:58 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,106,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Hear the ‘Racial Slur’ Used by Liberal TV Host on the Air That Apparently Caused an ‘Office-Wide Gasp’ at Huffington Post | Video | TheBlaze.com

Maybe I just didn't pay attention in the past, but it sure seems like today more than ever, people are taking political correctness to an extreme. Quit acting like a bunch of whiny babies already.

He said Chinamen. So the hell what! Why is that supposed to be offensive? Its not racist and its not offensive.
Why do you get to decide what is offensive to a group that you don't belong to? Is this offensive? I don't know, I'm not Chinese.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM

21,519 posts, read 10,644,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Were they men? Were they Chinese? If so, no problem, thought the ignorant will try to make it one.

Almost as stupid as being butt-hurt when people from the Orient are referred to as Oriental, Americans are referred to as Amis or the British as Brits, or Japanese as Japs. It's not racist you idiots.
You said butt-hurt, which could be considered offensive by homosexual men. Better say you're sorry.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,054,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Why do you get to decide what is offensive to a group that you don't belong to? Is this offensive? I don't know, I'm not Chinese.
The people that whine and complain tend to not even be chinamen or chinawomen. Just the usual idiotic, sad, pathetic, loser pc police. They are the ones who want to tell everyone else what they can and can't say.

Screw them. Get a damn life and don't police what I or anyone else says. They even want to ban the word illegal when talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. Just stop

Old 07-11-2014, 09:10 AM

21,519 posts, read 10,644,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
I'd love to hear from some Chinese, but I have a feeling they could care less. The ones I know aren't interested in all this PC nonsense. And Chinaman is not the same as the really offensive word used for them, which I won't type and I'm sure wouldn't make it through the censors anyway. Chinaman isn't all that different than saying white man, though some use "Old White Men" on this forum like a pejorative.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:10 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,891,396 times
Oh, please. The perpetually-offended need to get real.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:12 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,006,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Saying Oriental is offensive? It isn't in the UK. By the way *** is a racial slur used by American GIs in WWII as a pejorative for Japanese soldiers. Oh look, it's even censored on CD. You know, kinda like calling an African-American a Negro

Old 07-11-2014, 09:15 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,106,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The people that whine and complain tend to not even be chinamen or chinawomen. Just the usual idiotic, sad, pathetic, loser pc police. They are the ones who want to tell everyone else what they can and can't say.

Screw them. Get a damn life and don't police what I or anyone else says. They even want to ban the word illegal when talking about ILLEGAL immigrants. Just stop
Well, if we are being technical, Merriam-Webster says it is offensive. But there will always be people that think many things are offensive and those that think nothing is offensive.

Chinaman - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies