Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:58 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Since 1967 Israel has been an aggressor nation. Most Americans are afraid to even discuss this because of fear of being called anti semitic and harassment by American Jews. I completely support the cause and actions of Hamas. The majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples.
Absolutely an inaccurate statement! On October 6, 1973, Egypt and Syria surprised attacked Israel on the holiest day of the Jewish calendar Yom Kipper and Israel was in a very bad situation at the beginning of that war.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:00 PM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Palestinians reject Israel's offer for emergency blood supply to Gaza - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

Old 07-27-2014, 06:20 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It is not fair that Hamas is using the Palestinians of Gaza as human shields. It is not fair that Hamas invested money to build underground attack tunnels in order to murder Israelis rather building an infrastructure to support and protect the people of Gaza. It is unfair that Hamas tells Gazans not to vacate areas that IDF has alerted them in advance to evacuate for their safety.

It is not fair that Hamas has been shelling Israeli civilians with rockets for quite a few years already and therefore they can't live normal lives. There are young Israeli children that their whole young lives they know that they have 15 seconds to run to a shelter as rocket might fall and destroy the building they are in.

The Palestinians in Gaza have not been able to live normal lives ever since the blockade and seige began: they cannot even leave Gaza without going through an Israeli border crossing station. They cannot obtain the food, water, medical supplies, sewage treatment, education, or employment they need while trapped in Gaza. They can be picked up at any time by Israeli police and military, confined with no fair hearing or trial, beaten and deprived of human rights. In my opinion, that is why the people of Gaza are backing Hamas' insistence that any agreement includes the lifting of the blockade on Gaza, the people just can't stand living this way any more.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:26 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Terrible, Palestinians are living in prison like conditions even in peace times, and when in war always suffer the brunt. Israel will never know peace until things drastically change. Compare the the death tolls, yet. Hamas has killed more IDF personnel, while Israel killed more civilians. Israel is not buying peace that is for sure.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Palestinians in Gaza have not been able to live normal lives ever since the blockade and seige began: they cannot even leave Gaza without going through an Israeli border crossing station. They cannot obtain the food, water, medical supplies, sewage treatment, education, or employment they need while trapped in Gaza. They can be picked up at any time by Israeli police and military, confined with no fair hearing or trial, beaten and deprived of human rights. In my opinion, that is why the people of Gaza are backing Hamas' insistence that any agreement includes the lifting of the blockade on Gaza, the people just can't stand living this way any more.
I think you explained it better than I did or anyone else. Reps coming your way!

Old 07-27-2014, 06:39 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Why do they need to leave to Israel? If they have elected a government who wants to destroy Israel, why would Israel want to let them in? Why, if they want to flee for whatever reasons do they not flee to Egypt?

Old 07-27-2014, 06:59 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times
Absolutely disgusting scenes from Gaza. How on earth can the world watch Israel continue to imprison Palestine and have no respect for their rights? I am arguing with people now in another forum who call me a neo-nazi for supporting Palestine.. hypocrisy at its finest!

Old 07-27-2014, 07:19 PM

Yes, I agree it seems our media is always out to put Israel as the "good guy", defenseless and always under attack. It receives billions in aid despite being a high income country. And the fact that our politicians kiss so much ass, is pathetic and disgusting, among other reasons.

The conflict is not black and white, it is very complicated.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:23 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Why do they need to leave to Israel? If they have elected a government who wants to destroy Israel, why would Israel want to let them in? Why, if they want to flee for whatever reasons do they not flee to Egypt?
I wasn't necessarily referring to leaving Gaza forever. I meant that Palestinians in Gaza are prevented from the freedom of movement in their daily lives, if they even want to go and visit relatives who live in the West Bank. Even ambulances need to go through the checkpoints. They have their homes and land taken from them, their homes bull-dozed, replaced by Israeli "settlements." How would you feel if someone destroyed your house against your wishes, put a fence between you and your former farmland, burned the olive trees you used to tend so that you can't sneak over and pick olives, and deprived you of the ability to support and feed your family?

Not to mention building a huge unwanted cement wall around your city.

How would you feel if you knew that any time of day or night, the Israeli police could barge into your home, and remove your son, and imprison him with no charge or hope of release, or if you had a young son who threw rocks at the Israeli police and was shot to death for doing so (which has happened.)

Israel prevents students in Gaza from leaving the country to accept foreign university scholarships. Students formerly used the Egyptian border in order to study overseas, and now are prevented from doing even that.

Last edited by ellemint; 07-27-2014 at 07:33 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 07:28 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
I wasn't necessarily referring to leaving Gaza forever. I meant that Palestinians in Gaza are prevented from the freedom of movement in their daily lives, if they even want to go and visit relatives who live in the West Bank. Even ambulances need to go through the checkpoints. They have their homes and land taken from them, their homes bull-dozed, replaced by Israeli "settlements." How would you feel if someone destroyed your house against your wishes, put a fence between you and your former farmland, and deprived you of the ability to support and feed your family?

Israel prevents students in Gaza from leaving the country to accept foreign university scholarships. Students formerly used the Egyptian border in order to study overseas, and now are prevented from doing even that.
I would feel angry that a few of my elected officials strapped on suicide vests and crossed the border into Israel to blow up cafe's, businesses, and homes for the sake of causing terror. I would be angry that their attacks spurned the Israeli officials to create checkpoints to search for these bombs and suicide vests.

Here's a link to 170 bombings by the Palestinians for your reading enjoyment.
List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies