Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:36 AM

792 posts, read 634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
At when has two warring countries been all that caring about civilian lives in history?
Which is why I find Iraq and Afghanistan two very costly debacles that could have been handled much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
As for the USS Liberty which one poster mentioned that was a one time incident - an Israeli mistake/accident that happened over 40 years ago.
Yeah, friendly fire happens and it was an honest mistake. Both Gulf Wars most initial Coalition casualties were actually from friendly fire because they were just moving so fast and it led to confusion over who was who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
You support Hamas? Do you also support what Adam Lanza did at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT? And do you support the Nazis in WWII having thrown large numbers of children into fires and watching them burn? I would expect the same type of person to support all of those. Being Semitic is moot, and is only an issue if you're a racist. The issue is civilized people versus depraved murderers of children.

When Israel attacks, it's because they see it as the only way to stop the attacks on them. When Hamas attacks, it's because they hate Israel. It's an issue of defense versus hatred. The children who die in Gaza, die because Hamas commits war crimes against them. Imagine American children being taken to Iraq by the US Army to serve as a human shield to keep Iraqi terrorists from killing American soldiers. Would you be shocked? But you aren't shocked when Hamas does the same thing with their children? That's the ultimate bias, to say it's ok for one nationality to commit war crimes against their children while being shocked at the idea of another nationality doing the same thing.

I'm not Jewish and have no friends or relatives who are, and have no reason to ever even consider visiting Israel. But I see them as being persecuted constantly, almost forever, for who they are. Enough of their children have already been murdered by people with your attitudes. It's time for everyone to start leaving them alone. And it's time for everyone to start seeing reality and understanding the violence they commit is only in self defense, and that they make a sincere effort to avoid the kinds of war crimes Hamas commits enthusiastically. Everyone in a war commits war crimes by mistake, or by having a few bad apples in their barrel of soldiers. Americans too. But they make a sincere effort not to let that happen, and are shocked and dismayed when it does. Hamas commits war crimes as part of their overall strategy. It shouldn't take much brains to see that.
Yes, I agree that Israel has the right to self-defense. Especially considering the entire neighborhood hates them and would like them to burn. But at the same time, they don't show enough restraint in their quest for revenge.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:55 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Which is why I find Iraq and Afghanistan two very costly debacles that could have been handled much better.

Yeah, friendly fire happens and it was an honest mistake. Both Gulf Wars most initial Coalition casualties were actually from friendly fire because they were just moving so fast and it led to confusion over who was who.

Yes, I agree that Israel has the right to self-defense. Especially considering the entire neighborhood hates them and would like them to burn. But at the same time, they don't show enough restraint in their quest for revenge.
How would you show restraint when rockets are being hurled into your country? Maybe only kill like 20 people instead of 300? Instruct your troops to shoot every 5th armed soldier they see? Use 1/3 of the air force instead of the full arsenal? That just doesn't make any sense to me. It's a war, the goal of war is to win, and it's most certainly to deter the opposing side from screwing with you in the future.

If I'm at a bar and a guy starts swinging on me cause he doesn't like my ideas/looks/whatever, and is planning to kill me, I'm not going to use restraint until he's incapacitated. If he grabs his wife and shoves her in front of him while using her fists to hit me, I'm going to do my best to punch around her while still trying to knock him out or at least get him to quit hitting me. I wouldn't pull any punches and I certainly wouldn't expect a warring country to do so.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:00 AM

893 posts, read 885,847 times
Do the uninformed here even realize that if Israel were as bad as they try to portray, they would have wiped out all of Gaza in a few hours if they so chose? Israel has that capability and more. They choose to try and minimize loss of life on BOTH sides.

On the other hand, if Hamas/Palestinians had the capability to wipe out all of Israel, it would have been done long ago.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:54 PM

792 posts, read 634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
How would you show restraint when rockets are being hurled into your country? Maybe only kill like 20 people instead of 300? Instruct your troops to shoot every 5th armed soldier they see? Use 1/3 of the air force instead of the full arsenal? That just doesn't make any sense to me. It's a war, the goal of war is to win, and it's most certainly to deter the opposing side from screwing with you in the future.

If I'm at a bar and a guy starts swinging on me cause he doesn't like my ideas/looks/whatever, and is planning to kill me, I'm not going to use restraint until he's incapacitated. If he grabs his wife and shoves her in front of him while using her fists to hit me, I'm going to do my best to punch around her while still trying to knock him out or at least get him to quit hitting me. I wouldn't pull any punches and I certainly wouldn't expect a warring country to do so.
Well, obviously the Israelis aren't pulling any punches since half the Palestinians dead are civilians. Maybe not use so much brute force on one of the most densely populated areas in the world? Maybe just target known Hamas leaders instead?

Old 07-19-2014, 02:02 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Even the Egyptians recognize that Hamas is using its own people as human shields:

Egyptian TV Hosts Slam Hamas Leaders: We Are Sick and Tired of You - YouTube

Old 07-19-2014, 02:24 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Even the Egyptians recognize that Hamas is using its own people as human shields:

Egyptian TV Hosts Slam Hamas Leaders: We Are Sick and Tired of You - YouTube
I watched your video. It seems that Egyptian is only upset that Hamas is so inept in their Jihad that only four Israelis died so far. He is ready to die for the Palestinian cause, just not for Hamas.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:26 PM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I watched your video. It seems that Egyptian is only upset that Hamas is so inept in their Jihad that only four Israelis died so far. He is ready to die for the Palestinian cause, just not for Hamas.
And the Gazans too should not be ready to die for Hamas which is really what is happening now.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Do the uninformed here even realize that if Israel were as bad as they try to portray, they would have wiped out all of Gaza in a few hours if they so chose? Israel has that capability and more. They choose to try and minimize loss of life on BOTH sides.

On the other hand, if Hamas/Palestinians had the capability to wipe out all of Israel, it would have been done long ago.
For the moment the only state with nuclear weapons in the region is Israel, and they have never used them. If they were such an aggressor nation, they would have used them by now.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Well, obviously the Israelis aren't pulling any punches since half the Palestinians dead are civilians. Maybe not use so much brute force on one of the most densely populated areas in the world? Maybe just target known Hamas leaders instead?

They are supposedly doing that, "targeting known Hamas Leaders", although I think even Israel has given up that pretense by now.

What they seek is death and annilation of the Palestinians. They are acting from HATRED, AND POWER.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
For the moment the only state with nuclear weapons in the region is Israel, and they have never used them. If they were such an aggressor nation, they would have used them by now.
IF they were such an aggressive nation?---they are currently, RIGHT NOW, bombarding innocent civilians in Gaza from the air, the ground, and the sea* ----resulting in 344 Palestinian deaths, including 83 children.

IF.....????

* While other nations stand by and do next to nothing.

Israel will not even allow emergency humanitarian aid from Red Cross in afflicted areas tonight! Aggressive and deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies