Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:33 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Can we just admit that the Congressional Obstructionist experiment has been a complete pathetic failure?

You're welcome.
what happened when the democrats had control the first 2 years? a health care bill that is widely unpopular by producers, a stimulus that created zero jobs, and you can't forget cash for clunkers. oh wait, you can forget that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 09:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it's obvious. racism. and by "far right" I assume you are referring to the majority of americans who disapprove of obama?
No one but the far right uses the term "The Obama Experiment." If you listen to, read to or pay any attention to the rhetoric of the far right you know exactly what they mean by this term. They use it often enough that it's obvious in context. It's just more rightwing dog whistle politics. It has zero to do with disagreeing with his policies.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:50 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
"The Obama Experiment", huh? I'm afraid to ask...

On the balance, Obama will be remembered for restoring equilibrium to the US, after the undeniably failed "GWB Experiment" in crashed economy and global war.

Did Obama solved all of our problems? No, but he steered the ship back off the rocks.

Meanwhile, 9.3 million Americans who lacked health insurance are now covered. The DOW is at a record high. Gay marriage is legal. Obama wound down the last war, and resisted calls to start new ones.

The GOP is publicly crying crocodile tears about the state of things. But secretly, they are delighted. If a Republican wins the POTUS in 2016, he/she will start the term with the country in INFINITELY better shape than Obama inherited from GWB.
You're quite delusional. Maybe you missed this list, ( it includes stuff from when he wasn't president too)
Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 731 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

Obama hasn't done a thing, except accelerate bad polices from the W bush administration.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:51 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Can we just admit that the Obama Experiment has been a complete pathetic failure ?

Absolutely not. With the advent of the tea party taking over control of the republican party, if a republican had been elected president in 2008 and the republicans controlled both houses, we'd have a totalitarian Fascist regime right now.
Seniors would have to live with their children or live on the street. People would be dying early from lack of health care. Single mothers with their children would be begging on street corners. It would be open season on blacks, browns, native americans and gays. Black Chevy Tahoe's with black windows would be prowling the streets looking for moral miscreants.
We'd be at war, with boots on the ground, in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Ukraine, and Korea.

No, I believe that if the republicans ever gain control of the government while the tea party calls the shots, they will never give up power and we will have a total dictatorship and elections will mean nothing. They will just refuse to step down.
I honestly, in my heart of hearts, consider the tea party controlled, republican party, to be inherently evil and the most destructive force in America today.

I disagree with many of the actions Obama has taken and much of the Democratic platform but it is light years better than what the Republicans are offering.

You asked............I answered.

Last edited by mohawkx; 07-13-2014 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-13-2014, 09:55 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Can we just admit that the Obama Experiment has been a complete pathetic failure ?

Absolutely not. With the advent of the tea party taking over control of the republican party, if a republican had been elected president in 2008 and the republicans controlled both houses, we'd have a totalitarian Fascist regime right now.
Seniors would have to live with their children or live on the street. People would be dying early from lack of health care. Single mothers with their children would be begging on street corners.
We'd be at war, with boots on the ground, in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Ukraine, and Korea.

No, I believe that if the republicans ever gain control of the government while the tea party calls the shots, they will never give up power and we will have a total dictatorship.

You asked............I answered.
We already have a dictatorship, ruling by executive fiat!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:02 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No one but the far right uses the term "The Obama Experiment." If you listen to, read to or pay any attention to the rhetoric of the far right you know exactly what they mean by this term. They use it often enough that it's obvious in context. It's just more rightwing dog whistle politics. It has zero to do with disagreeing with his policies.
I don't listen or pay attention to "rhetoric" from either side. I choose to be happy, whereas you choose to be miserable for some reason. always angry is no way to go through life, yet you seek out things that bother you. didn't you just say that sarah palin bothers you, because you choose to listen to her? do yourself a favor. take the whistle out of your mouth you use to try to blow on everyone, and turn off talk radio. try some music. also, please enlighten me as to what "the obama experiment" means, since you obviously are offended by it.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:07 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
We already have a dictatorship, ruling by executive fiat!
What an absolute misrepresentation of the facts. Thanks for allowing me to prove my case.

President Obama=Executive actions........182
George W Bush=Executive Actions..........291.
Ronald Reagan-Executive Actions...........381

Old 07-13-2014, 10:11 AM

1,594 posts, read 1,411,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwill14 View Post
Obama was stupid for accepting the presidency. He should have let Hillary have it in 2008. It was obvious the economy was going to crash. There is a time delay in the stupid politics and the economic effects.

psik

Old 07-13-2014, 10:11 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwill14 View Post
No

Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
I don't listen or pay attention to "rhetoric" from either side.
And yet, here you are, posting political opinions just like the rest of us.

Quote:
I choose to be happy, whereas you choose to be miserable for some reason. always angry is no way to go through life, yet you seek out things that bother you. didn't you just say that sarah palin bothers you, because you choose to listen to her?
No, I said that as someone who closely follows politics, it's hard to avoid her when she continually thrusts herself into the political discussion.

Quote:
also, please enlighten me as to what "the obama experiment" means, since you obviously are offended by it.
I think you already know the answer to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies