Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 11:21 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is only so much an ex-president can do, compared to a person who is actually the sitting president. I think everyone can agree on this.
Clinton SIGNED the bill calling for a regime change in Iraq.

Why DIDN'T HE do something to carry it out?

Or did ONLY do things with interns then lie about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Clinton SIGNED the bill calling for a regime change in Iraq.

Why DIDN'T HE do something to carry it out?

Or did ONLY do things with interns then lie about it?
Because, like Bush Sr, he was smart enough to stay the heck out of Iraq, Dubya, not so smart.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,990,710 times
Quote:
Dick Cheney calls Obama 'the worst president of my lifetime'
Can't really argue with him. He's the worst President in my lifetime too.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Jumping out of a window tends to go quite well, until the last foot or so.

So naive. Most subprime loans were issued by institutions that weren't bound by the CRA. The idea that the lenders were somehow forced into issuing loans they didn't want to underwrite is post-fact propaganda. The loan industry tranched their crappy loans in with good ones, the instruments issued were graded as sound investments (Standard & Poor, looking at you!) and the hot potato was handed off to the next sucker. We have the internal memos with lenders warning that it couldn't keep going - but they were making a ton of money on inflating the bubble.

Yeah, the Iraq war was a complete success. Parading Saddam's WMD in front of the world sure showed up the critics, and being greeted as liberators must have been nice. Came in under budget, too.
Your "opinions" are NOT backed up by facts. What a surprise.

You might want to check out Barney Frank's comments when Bush TRIED to address the problem.

"Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent. The U.S. economy benefits from a solid foundation, but we cannot take economic growth for granted and economic indicators have become increasingly mixed. President Bush will continue working with Congress to address the challenges our economy faces and help facilitate long-term economic growth, job growth, and better standards of living for all Americans.

* Real GDP grew at a strong 4.9 percent annual rate in the third quarter of 2007. The economy has now experienced six years of uninterrupted growth, averaging 2.8 percent a year since 2001.

* Real after-tax per capita personal income has risen by 11.7 percent - an average of more than $3,550 per person - since President Bush took office.

* Over the course of this Administration, productivity growth has averaged 2.6 percent per year. This growth is well above average productivity growth in the 1990s, 1980s, and 1970s.

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms."

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.â€

Why don't YOU post Obama's record?

"
Yeah, the Iraq war was a complete success' Again, your opinion.

In FACT Iraq was improving quite well before Obama came along and QUIT.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What is funny is those evil conservatives were correct in all your rantings yet you can't even see because your so blinded by your allegiance to darth obama.
Lol, conservatives were wrong about all of those events. Anyone can go back looked at what conservatives were predictions about The war in Iraq, the war on terror, the financial crisis/stimulus/fed QE, the auto bailouts, and the ACA health care law.

conservatives on all of those huge events were .0000

I didn't even get to other things like the 2012 Presidential elections, remember when conservatives insisted that the polls were all skewed. conservatives believed that all the polling companies were engaged in a massive conspiracy to purposefully poll more Democrats to make it seem like President Obama was winning.

Yes, conservatives believed this insane fantasy. conservatives stated unskewing the polls and lo and behold Mitt Rmoney was really winning.

conservatives pundits nearly unanimously signed onto this insanity and they all predicted Mitt Rmoney would win in a landslide.

Again another example of conservatives being 100% wrong in their insane conspiracy laden predictions.

Thus border crisis us no different.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:34 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Crisis? You calling it that shows you are wrong. lol

Old 07-16-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley slacker View Post
Getting away from all of the "nonsense" and back to the original thread. Years ago, former U..S Presidents and Vice Presidents, in general, refrained from commenting on current administrations. However, that courteous practice has not been followed for the last twenty or so years. Both sides could benefit from limiting their rhetoric. Blame Bush, Blame Obama, Blame Reagan, Blame Carter; it doesn't fix anything. But like Cheney or not; he has the right to his opinion. Just like everyone on this forum.
"Years ago, former U..S Presidents and Vice Presidents, in general, refrained from commenting on current administrations", until Bill Clinton.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:35 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,989,829 times
I can't believe we have 29 more months of this! He suckered me the first time....I knew better the last election to waste my vote. I think we need to fasten our seat belts.....

Old 07-16-2014, 11:36 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Compare Bush vacations to Obama vacations and you will see that you are full of blathering right wing rhetoric.

You post here about 24/7 so don't try to act like you don't know the truth.
But isn't it amazing how a guy who says he is for the "middle class" has taken more vacations to the exclusive areas of the country in 5 years than you and I will in a lifetime? I seem to recall the left constantly complaining about George Bush going to Crawford Texas. CRAWFORD TEXAS? Doesn't quite rank up there with Martha's Vineyard, Africa, Spain, and Hawaii does it?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:37 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
I can't believe we have 29 more months of this! He suckered me the first time....I knew better the last election to waste my vote. I think we need to fasten our seat belts.....
Seat belts??????????? Lock and load.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies