Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 06:58 AM

800 posts, read 780,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You will almost certainly live to see God's wrath on America. America is becoming Sodom.
I don't know where you come up with this crap.

(Actually I do, it's through selective interpretation of bible verses to fit your perverse sense of moral righteousness)

If this were true Amsterdam, Ibiza, St. Tropez, and Mallorca would be craters in the ground.

We have a long way to go before becoming any of those places so don't worry no one is getting smited yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
I'm sorry but CCC and other fundamentalist groups are losing the culture war for our millenial generation.

Our access to our whole, amazing world is unfettered. More and more students are studying abroad and seeing what true freedom is in Europe.

Your group is growing smaller day by day. As America becomes a more diverse, cosmopolitan, and cultured place people like you will be on the outside looking in. Slowly, but surely we are becoming more like our European neighbors. This is a great thing

State by the state these repressive laws are being struck down. My generation is firmly against the intolerance spread by evangelical christianity and the number of people you all turn off with your rants filled with vitriol is palpable. Good luck winning any election or changing the tide. Once we get the Supreme Court it will be over. And that will happen in time.

In 30 years we will be more like Sweden than whatever fantasy you harbor in your mind.

You're losing. No matter how hard you yell, how much you scream, the tide of civilization and culture is tearing down your walls of ignorance and hate.
This is pure ignorance at worst, and pure propaganda, at best.

"My group," as you called it, is not growing smaller, but larger, and more Americans call themselves conservative and Christian, than those who call themselves "liberal."

Your tactic here is clear: Demoralize, by claiming we (Christians) are "on the outside looking in;" that "America is becoming more 'diverse' (meaning, of course, that we have rejected what has for centuries been considered "goodness," "wholesomeness," "common decency," and "morality," referring to those values as the 'Dark Ages'), and that we are now living in a period of a "new enlightenment" (which is really the New Dark Ages), and have thrown off all moral restraints, societal norms, have redefined morality, rejected the notion of the existence of evil, as well as the existence of God. We, as Christians are being left behind.

While there is some truth to this (Jesus warned of the End Times, the lawlessness, debauchery, and man becoming a god unto himself), the fact remains that absolute truth exists (whether you reject it or not), and Jesus Christ is still the true "light of the world."

The "ignorance and hate" that exists resides in your camp, not mine, as you reject truth and embrace evil. What you call "progress" isn't progress at all, because it is characterized by unbridled immorality (fornication and all manner of sexual impurity and debauchery), lawlessness, uncivilized behavior, and open hostility and hatred for anyone who doesn't conform to your world view.

I predict that 30 years from now (God willing 'and the creek don't rise,' and his Grace prevails), the pendulum will have swung back toward a more conservative America, and a return to our Constitutional principles, and our Constitutional Representative Republic. The seeds of conservatism have taken root once again, and those of us who love Liberty and Freedom are waking up to the truth of "Progressivism" and the destruction it has caused.

You're welcome to move to Europe, if you believe it better suits you. What's holding you back?

Personally, I love America (as founded) and the Freedoms and Liberty that we have enjoyed, which have resulted in immigrants (legal immigrants) from all over the world coming to America to begin a new life and escape the oppression and serfdom of their native countries. They have helped to forge America, which became the most prosperous nation on earth, with the highest standard of living of any nation, bar none.

Your way is a path to destruction, and that is becoming more obvious with each passing day. Ignorance and naïvéte are the mark of your generation of pseudo intellectuals with superiority complexes. You are full of empty rhetoric, clichés, and meaningless gobbledygook.

Have a nice life.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
Ahh, nothing like the twisted perversion of the Good News to serve the self-righteous and his political goals. Such a shame.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, God did not "create homosexuals." He created man, and woman. Did God "create thieves?" Did God "create prostitutes?" No, he did not. These things are behaviors, and are not "creations" of God. They are the result of giving in to temptations and sin.
You may be on to something. Simple yet effective.

I must note, my confusion as to why and where bigotry could be okay in any religion or mindset period.

We're adults and know right from wrong and hating or strongly disliking someone for skin, race, religion, or region well always be WRONG. There shouldn't be room for such heinous destruction in any household.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
. The fundamentalist Dark Ages dogma of bigotry and hatred and exclusion is a cancer on society that needs to be excised. I hope I live long enough to see it happen.
The "cancer on society" is in your camp. The tumor of "progressivism" is slowly eating away at Freedom and Liberty, and returning us to serfdom.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:11 PM

800 posts, read 780,678 times
Quote:

"My group," as you called it, is not growing smaller, but larger, and more Americans call themselves conservative and Christian, than those who call themselves "liberal."

Your tactic here is clear: Demoralize, by claiming we (Christians) are "on the outside looking in;" that "America is becoming more 'diverse' (meaning, of course, that we have rejected what has for centuries been considered "goodness," "wholesomeness," "common decency," and "morality," referring to those values as the 'Dark Ages'), and that we are now living in a period of a "new enlightenment" (which is really the New Dark Ages), and have thrown off all moral restraints, societal norms, have redefined morality, rejected the notion of the existence of evil, as well as the existence of God. We, as Christians are being left behind.

While there is some truth to this (Jesus warned of the End Times, the lawlessness, debauchery, and man becoming a god unto himself), the fact remains that absolute truth exists (whether you reject it or not), and Jesus Christ is still the true "light of the world."

The "ignorance and hate" that exists resides in your camp, not mine, as you reject truth and embrace evil. What you call "progress" isn't progress at all, because it is characterized by unbridled immorality (fornication and all manner of sexual impurity and debauchery), lawlessness, uncivilized behavior, and open hostility and hatred for anyone who doesn't conform to your world view.

I predict that 30 years from now (God willing 'and the creek don't rise,' and his Grace prevails), the pendulum will have swung back toward a more conservative America, and a return to our Constitutional principles, and our Constitutional Representative Republic. The seeds of conservatism have taken root once again, and those of us who love Liberty and Freedom are waking up to the truth of "Progressivism" and the destruction it has caused.

You're welcome to move to Europe, if you believe it better suits you. What's holding you back?

Personally, I love America (as founded) and the Freedoms and Liberty that we have enjoyed, which have resulted in immigrants (legal immigrants) from all over the world coming to America to begin a new life and escape the oppression and serfdom of their native countries. They have helped to forge America, which became the most prosperous nation on earth, with the highest standard of living of any nation, bar none.

Your way is a path to destruction, and that is becoming more obvious with each passing day. Ignorance and naïvéte are the mark of your generation of pseudo intellectuals with superiority complexes. You are full of empty rhetoric, clichés, and meaningless gobbledygook.

Have a nice life.
Oh please

What statistics are using? All I could find are reports such as the following:

"Church-Goers Now a Minority in America"
John Shook, Ph.D.: Church-Goers Now a Minority in America

"Less than 20% of Americans regularly attend church"
7 Startling Facts: An Up Close Look at Church Attendance in America - ChurchLeaders.com - Christian Leadership Blogs, Articles, Videos, How To's, and Free Resources

"What surveys say about worship attendance – and why some stay home"
What surveys say about worship attendance

"Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore"
Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore | Steve McSwain

"Church Attendance is Declining"
Church attendance is declining

"Why is church attendance declining?"
Why is church attendance declining? | WyomingNews.com

And there are 100's if not 1000's of more links like this

See that's the difference between you and me. I went to one of the best universities in the country. I learned how to analyze and evaluate statistics. All those statistics conclusively point to one thing: Your premises are dead wrong.

I'm not using platitudes. You are. Selectively interpreting the bible. Hating people for who they love. Not being exposed to the world with an open mind. That's you, not me

Your bizarre version of America is losing ground every day. There was just an article in CNN revealing baseball's precipitous decline. Juxtapose that with the hundreds of articles pointing out the rise of soccer. (The MLS is growing every year. Massively. Go Timbers!)

We are becoming a more liberal diverse country. This is happening in every region, but the South (With the exception of Texas). Unless Republicans drop their backwards, hateful social agenda they will never win the presidency again. They will lose the supreme court. And the house eventually as anti-gerrymandering reforms take hold in Florida and other states.

So welcome to the new United States. Bienvenidos a el nuevo Estados Unidos.

I don't disagree with your right to say what you want or do what you want. Until you interfere with others ability to do the same.

C'est la vie, mon ami.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
You will almost certainly live to see God's wrath on America. America is becoming Sodom.
Perhaps Campus Crusade for Christ should try and make America a "graveyard for homosexuality" rather than focusing on promoting laws to execute homosexuals in Africa.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
I really, really don't want to believe that, but there is more persuasive evidence everyday.
When you do come to believe it to be truth then you have slipped completely over the edge and become one of "them" that has lost all touch with reality. Keep that in mind

Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:

Have a nice life.
You're funny.
I kind of feel sorry for you, though.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Perhaps Campus Crusade for Christ should try and make America a "graveyard for homosexuality" rather than focusing on promoting laws to execute homosexuals in Africa.
OK, let me try to get my head around this post of yours: are you claiming that CCC is involving itself in foreign politics in order to get homosexuals executed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies