Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:30 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times

Advertisements

Sgt Bowe Bergdahl is back on active duty!

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is back on regular Army duty in Texas*-*Los Angeles Times

What the hell, Wingers??? I thought (according to Fox News), Bergdahl was a DESERTER, a TRAITOR, probably an Al Qaida TERRORIST!!!!

Gee, you don't think, in their zeal to deny Obama a PR win... they lied and slandered a captive American soldier, do you?

Nah... The Right wouldn't sink THAT low... would it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
investigation into his capture continues
didn't feel like including that part, huh?

then there's this, not from the dreaded 'FOXNEWS!':

Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Did anyone really expect otherwise?

The "fix" was in once Obozo appeared in the Rose Garden with Bergdahl's parents. Once that happened it became apparent that no matter what Bergdahl did while with the Taliban, or how/why he left his post there was no way he would be held accountable for it would severely damage Obozo's already abysmal approval ratings. Heck, even most Democrats would probably have gone bonkers if it came out that Bergdahl willingly deserted after Obozo triumphantly appeared on TV to announce his release.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:45 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Good thing its not public opinion that matters, the right wing have already tried him there and found him guilty. Facts schmacts!

Old 07-14-2014, 01:47 PM

85 posts, read 103,726 times
Another weak and questionable act by this administration. What a deal that was; how many war criminals for Bergdahl? Oh, but we don't negotiate with terriorists.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:48 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
From someone who has served, it would make zero sense for him to not get charged with something. We heard from many who served with him who clearly said he left on his own accord. And anyways, you dont just walk away from a post like that on accident. The guy left on purpose. He left his unit and the Army on purpose. No one would want to serve with this guy knowing what they know. But Ill leave it to you liberals to keep defending him.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:52 PM

85 posts, read 103,726 times
First general order;

"I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only wen properly relieved"

It seems pretty clear.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
From someone who has served, it would make zero sense for him to not get charged with something. We heard from many who served with him who clearly said he left on his own accord. And anyways, you dont just walk away from a post like that on accident. The guy left on purpose. He left his unit and the Army on purpose. No one would want to serve with this guy knowing what they know. But Ill leave it to you liberals to keep defending him.
You're right, he should be charged and investigated, and a decision made. I just believe that trying him in the court of public opinion before any facts are known to be wrong.

Why did he leave? Did he go somewhere on a lark? Or? Theres a lot of details that need to be known to come to a decision. And just wandering off base doesn't mean he should do time. I suspect he regretted that quickly.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:55 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
I am not surprised that many of us see conspiracy in just about everything that goes on under this administration .. me included.

Being former Army, I can only speculate as to what is happening here.

Regulations demand that he (Bergdahl) must be under military control to be tried militarily.

My guess is that they'll send Bergdahl to a Personnel Control Facility (more of a holding facility and not a stockade) to put him under a Commander until they decide what to do with him.

Last edited by MrClose; 07-14-2014 at 02:20 PM..

Old 07-14-2014, 01:58 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You're right, he should be charged and investigated
I would prefer the investigation come before the charging, but then again I'm not a rightwinger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies