Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 06:42 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
My nephew who was used to his own dogs and my dogs once tried to give a friends Chihuahua a hug and was bit in the face. This dog is normally the nicest dog you'll meet but it was a rescue dog and for whatever reason it doesn't like to be picked up. Fortunately it only pinched him and there was just a little bit of bruising and small scratch, ultimately it was a good life lesson.

Who's fault was that? I think the fault probably lays with his Uncle.
I'd need more information to lay blame. Did the uncle invite the Chihuahua into the home? Was the Chihuahua left in public unattended?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
remember that dogs are predators, and skunks are prey.

yep, dogs get wound up easily, and take forever to come back down, unless you walk them.

right ceasar milan is a huge liar. junior is a pit, daddy was a pit, popeye was a pit, in fact milan has several pits in his pack. nad cheri lucas(look her up) also has pits, many she rescued. and ALL their pits are balanced dogs.
I did not say they weren't balanced, I said they can be difficult to train and most average people don't have patients for it. Milan has all the time in the world, most don't and I don't always agree with his methods. Although he can be amazing at times.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:24 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Why do you need to lay blame? Dogs are dogs. No blame on them. It's called nature.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do you need to lay blame? Dogs are dogs. No blame on them. It's called nature.
The debate has been about whether the dog owner or the parents of the mauled child are more at fault.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:32 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'd need more information to lay blame. Did the uncle invite the Chihuahua into the home? Was the Chihuahua left in public unattended?
The Uncle, me in this case took the child to the friends house and didn't think to warn him about hugging the dog. It's not something that crossed my mind becsue the dog was not aggressive except if someone tried to pick her up, the nephew was in the habit of doing it with my dog that enjoyed it. This kid in the OP probably did the same thing my nephew did.

Any dog or breed can be aggressive especially when you invade their space and a lot of that depends on how the dog was brought up. Most agressive dogs I've encountered were small breeds but those bites which are numerous don't make the paper.

As far as your question about dog wandering a neighborhood and attacking people obviously it's the fault of the dog and the dogs owner.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
The debate has been about whether the dog owner or the parents of the mauled child are more at fault.
Ridiculous argument. Kid is dead end of story. Oh now on to BS closure. There is none.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
The Uncle, me in this case took the child to the friends house and didn't think to warn him about hugging the dog. It's not something that crossed my mind becsue the dog was not aggressive except if someone tried to pick her up, the nephew was in the habit of doing it with my dog that enjoyed it. This kid in the OP probably did the same thing my nephew did.

Any dog or breed can be aggressive especially when you invade their space and a lot of that depends on how the dog was brought up. Most agressive dogs I've encountered were small breeds but those bites which are numerous don't make the paper.

As far as your question about dog wandering a neighborhood and attacking people obviously it's the fault of the dog and the dogs owner.
And when it takes place in a home, then yeah, I'm more inclined to put less blame on the dog owner - if any at all.

But when a dog bits in public - especially when the dog has been left unattended in public - it's the dog owner's fault. Period.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ridiculous argument. Kid is dead end of story. Oh now on to BS closure. There is none.
The kid isn't dead. He just had his face ripped off.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I got a runner. She see's the door open she is off. Now I go get her too though. She is not a biter or anything close to that but I still make sure I get her ass. Twelve year old and I've been chasing her all those years......lol

Old 07-18-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
The kid isn't dead. He just had his face ripped off.
Oh never mind then. All is well it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies