Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
If God has already judged the sin, then by piling on your condemnation you are taking on God's role instead off having faith in Him.

The Bible is more clear on the subject of judging your neighbor than on homosexual behavior -- there's only Romans 1:26-27 (open to interpretation) against gay sex, but *plenty* of verses against judging your neighbors.

If you are judging those who sin instead of loving them, you are blocking your true purpose as a Christian, which is to lead others to the Light by your example. Not by preaching at them, or by condemning them, but by love. That's a lot harder than passing judgment. Maybe that's why so few who call themselves Christian ever bother.

And don't give me that 'love the sinner, hate the sin' stuff. That's like saying 'I love macaroni and cheese...except for the macaroni'.

Had to rep you for that.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
HOW is interracial marriage a problem if people like you don't make it one?
God does not condemn marriage between races. He condemns sex between two of the same sex. Opposition to inter-racial marriage is a man made prejudice.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
If God has already judged the sin, then by piling on your condemnation you are taking on God's role instead off having faith in Him.

I know that abortion is murder and I speak out against it. I know that homosexual acts are abominable sin and I speak out against it. If I am falsely judging then I will answer to God for it.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Had to rep you for that.
So you don't like macaroni either?

Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddoneout View Post
The cruel cycle of the homosexual disease is what that is. A gay man cheats on his wife with another man. He sleeps with her. She gets it. She sleeps with another man after the marriage crumbles. The straight man gets it.
Yes and maybe. I say that because many people who had unsafe sex with an HIV+ person usually WON'T get HIV. Word is the odds are less than 5 percent for a 1 time toss in the hay and some will NEVER catch HIV because their bodies kill the virus 1st.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,026,852 times
Quote:
I would like this to be an adult and civil debate. I'll start by stating who a person dates or sleeps with is none of my business and I don't wish to make it my business. However, on a moral level, I don't agree with homosexuality and miscegenation. If I see a gay or interracial couple in the street, I don't give them a mean stare or special attention - I pass them as I would any other person. I don't go on crusades, blasting them. I pretty much keep it to myself unless people directly ask, and then I reveal what I think. Why do some people, particularly liberals, always feel the need to be outraged when I reveal my views on the topic? Sometimes it is as if I just beheaded a baby. I'm not hurting anyone - I don't heckle or hurl verbal abuse towards gays or interracial couples. I just don't agree with them. What's so wrong about that? It's my right.
Well I am all for freedom of thought and speech as long as it is within the bounds of the law, so I'm not particularly outraged, just confused. I just don't get how you instantly know a couple is interracial when you see them on the street. You must miss some and miscategorize some. So how do you know what couples really have earned the thumbs up and who gets the thumbs down?

Do you think about this a lot? Because it's not going to go away, so you're probably going to be bugged about this nearly every day for the rest of your life.

It sounds exhausting. And who "directly asks" you? It's not exactly party talk, like I personally have never gone up to someone I just met and said, "Hi, how about this crazy weather and by the way do gay couples bother you?"

Old 07-15-2014, 08:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
I feel that interracial marriage/interracial children destroy history and culture of the unique people on our planet. Don't me wrong - I don't wish biracial people any ill or anything of that sort. I wish them well just as with everyone else. But they tend to be confused individuals who don't really know what they want. It is natural/genetic to want to be around people that look/act like you, hence why I don't agree with miscegenation. I just don't think it is natural. It is not what God intended in my opinion.

The funny thing is that Arab Muslims in particular frown upon (some go to extreme lengths to make sure it doesn't happen) their own marrying externally and no one says anything about that.
Uh; "Muslim" is like "Hispanic"; they ain't races, just labels. Too; Arabs, even dark skin ones, are counted as "anglo white" here in Arizona. The dude who started Basha's supermarkets was of Arab family and his kids and grands are def anglo. LOL

Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,152 times
Just googled 'mixed race singers'.... there are some pretty impressive names on that list.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 AM

68 posts, read 55,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Well I am all for freedom of thought and speech as long as it is within the bounds of the law, so I'm not particularly outraged, just confused. I just don't get how you instantly know a couple is interracial when you see them on the street. You must miss some and miscategorize some. So how do you know what couples really have earned the thumbs up and who gets the thumbs down?

Do you think about this a lot? Because it's not going to go away, so you're probably going to be bugged about this nearly every day for the rest of your life.

It sounds exhausting. And who "directly asks" you? It's not exactly party talk, like I personally have never gone up to someone I just met and said, "Hi, how about this crazy weather and by the way do gay couples bother you?"
It is quite obvious a couple is a couple when they are walking side by side and holding hands.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Doesn't sound like you are keeping it to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies