Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
So you don't like macaroni either?

WTF does macaroni have to do with this topic?

Old 07-15-2014, 08:49 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddoneout View Post
I would like this to be an adult and civil debate. I'll start by stating who a person dates or sleeps with is none of my business and I don't wish to make it my business. However, on a moral level, I don't agree with homosexuality and miscegenation. If I see a gay or interracial couple in the street, I don't give them a mean stare or special attention - I pass them as I would any other person. I don't go on crusades, blasting them. I pretty much keep it to myself unless people directly ask, and then I reveal what I think. Why do some people, particularly liberals, always feel the need to be outraged when I reveal my views on the topic? Sometimes it is as if I just beheaded a baby. I'm not hurting anyone - I don't heckle or hurl verbal abuse towards gays or interracial couples. I just don't agree with them. What's so wrong about that? It's my right.
Have you ever thought about asking the people who are "outraged" when you reveal your beliefs why they reacted that way?

I mean, it's a lot easier to ask a person about their own behavior instead of asking others.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:56 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
God does not condemn marriage between races. He condemns sex between two of the same sex. Opposition to inter-racial marriage is a man made prejudice.
God not opposing interracial marriage is a man-made interpretation. And a very recent one to enter mainstream thinking, at that. Weird how God always seem to end up agreeing with the winning side.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 AM

68 posts, read 55,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
God not opposing interracial marriage is a man-made interpretation. And a very recent one to enter mainstream thinking, at that. Weird how God always seem to end up agreeing with the winning side.
Due to liberal brainwashing. One hundred years ago, people knew what was right regarding interracial marriage.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Have you ever thought about asking the people who are "outraged" when you reveal your beliefs why they reacted that way?

I mean, it's a lot easier to ask a person about their own behavior instead of asking others.
Yes I have asked them. Apparently is "grossly wrong" for me to believe what I do.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Yes. It is ironic how the supposed party of "tolerance" is anything but tolerant when it comes to people who hold different views.
It's not about your "different" views. No one gives a darn about your "different" views. It's what your views are based upon. Bigotry is repugnant. Look at it this way, when you express your "different" views, and your liberal acquaintances seem to be outraged, they are really just concerned for you. It's because they like you that they are shocked, it's because they care that they try to explain to you why they disagree with your views.

The only reason you feel that they are intolerant is because your views, and the worldview that they stem from, are now shared only by a minority of folks. People who are in the minority, who are unable to enforce their worldview on everyone else, often feel that they are not tolerated.

Look at why YOU are intolerant of homosexuality and interracial relationships. WHY do you oppose these things. YOUR opposition makes you INTOLERANT. But because being vocal about your opposition when you see homosexual or interracial couples on the street would be unpopular with others, you keep your opposition to yourself except when you feel safe to express your opinion. But it's not the opinion that makes others cringe, it's that having such an opinion reveals certain things about YOU and your worldview, and what kind of world you'd like to live in, and these things are cringeworthy.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,350 times
Quote:
Due to liberal brainwashing. One hundred years ago, people knew what was right regarding interracial marriage.
And yet... many of our Founding Fathers of the United States of America were GUILTY of fathering children from their slaves..... granted, marriage was not included....

Now just exactly HOW do we explain that part away?

BTW.... thanks to many white slave owners fathering children with their slaves, DNA technology can now prove we may not be as 'white' or 'black' as we thought we were.

BTW... you are also aware that thanks to DNA technology, most of our genes can be traced all the way back to Africa! ALL OF US!!!

We are ALL FROM AFRICA you dimwit!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
It's not about your "different" views. No one gives a darn about your "different" views. It's what your views are based upon. Bigotry is repugnant. Look at it this way, when you express your "different" views, and your liberal acquaintances seem to be outraged, they are really just concerned for you. It's because they like you that they are shocked, it's because they care that they try to explain to you why they disagree with your views.
I highly doubt it is because they are "concerned for me." More like they blindly tow the high line to which they have been relentlessly fed by the MSM.

Quote:
The only reason you feel that they are intolerant is because your views, and the worldview that they stem from, are now shared only by a minority of folks. People who are in the minority, who are unable to enforce their worldview on everyone else, often feel that they are not tolerated.
You'd be surprised at the number of people who agree with me, even if they don't admit it.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
And yet... many of our Founding Fathers of the United States of America were GUILTY of fathering children from their slaves..... granted, marriage was not included....
Ah, so you condone this? You condone black women being reduced to nothing but property, at the mercy of being raped and impregnated at any time? Nice to know what you liberals really think about race relations.

Quote:
BTW... you are also aware that thanks to DNA technology, most of our genes can be traced all the way back to Africa! ALL OF US!!!

We are ALL FROM AFRICA you dimwit!!!!!!
I do not believe this myth. Even if it were true, what is your point?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:21 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
There once was a time when the French disregarded intermarriage with the English. There once was a time when Catholics disregarded intermarriage with Protestants.

Personally, I think that dark-skinned Africans and whites make some of the most beautiful babies.

Asians and blacks make beautiful kids too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies