Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 04:54 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,311,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
We sure do.

"BENSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Students, teachers, staff and administrators are celebrating in Benson, where the school district is being recognized as Arizona's top public school district for 2013..."

Benson schools earn state's top grade - Tucson News Now

Ken
Well, this Benson place only gained 300 people between 2000-2010, so it's hardly seems to be "ground zero" for immigration.
Benson, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by fat lou; 07-23-2014 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 05:04 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, this Benson place has only gained 300 people in the past 10 years, so it's hardly "ground zero" for immigration, is it?
Benson, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cochise County - wingnuts on the right harp all the time about how the border is a "war zone" that's overrun with criminal illegals.

Well I LIVE HERE, and all that stuff is nonsense.

Here's just one example of the nonsense wingnuts post here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ated-over.html

Ken

Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Cochise County - wingnuts on the right harp all the time about how the border is a "war zone" that's overrun with criminal illegals.

Ken
Wingnuts? My how civil of you.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wingnuts? My how civil of you.
Whacked out views are whacked out views.
"Wingnuts" is the term for people with irrational far Right views just as "Moonbats" is the term for people with irrational far Left views. It's even listed in the dictionary.

Wing nut - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Ken

Old 07-23-2014, 05:23 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,311,864 times
Quote:

Ken
That top school you touted is for Benson, Arizona, not Cochise County. There's a difference between a small (most likely affluent) town and a county as a whole. Like how people in Beverly Hills don't have to deal with the schools, crime etc. issues in Compton, even though they live in Los Angeles County.
Let me guess: you live in this Benson town, don't you?

Old 07-23-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
That top school you touted is for Benson, Arizona, not Cochise County. There's a difference between a small (most likely affluent) town and a county as a whole. Like how people in Beverly Hills don't have to deal with the schools, crime etc. issues in Compton, even though they live in Los Angeles County.
Let me guess: you live in this Benson town, don't you?
Benson is IN Cochise County and is FAR from "affluent" and has a median family income BELOW that of Arizona as a whole. We're a small farming/ranching community with snowbirders in the winter. Give me a break - you don't know ANYTHING about Benson. We're safe and have a great school district - even with the poor economy we have.
And yeah I LIVE in Benson - so what? It means I actually KNOW what I'm talking about - unlike some people here who pontificate about things they don't have a clue about.

Ken

Old 07-29-2014, 04:17 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,120 times
Oddly enough, the most vocal proponents of policies like stop and frisk and racial profiling are also the loudest whiners about how we live in a "police state" under the bootheels of a "tyrannical government"
Are they for it until they're against it? Or is it the other way around?
The same people claim to love the Constitution, but in threads like this, that claim rings hollow.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Oddly enough, the most vocal proponents of policies like stop and frisk and racial profiling are also the loudest whiners about how we live in a "police state" under the bootheels of a "tyrannical government"
Are they for it until they're against it? Or is it the other way around?
The same people claim to love the Constitution, but in threads like this, that claim rings hollow.
That's because they don't really believe in those things, they just believe in those things for THEM. If it's someone else who's rights are being violated - say, a 3rd generation American who happens to be Hispanic and so is stopped and interrogated simply because of how he looks - they are OK with that.

We see that pattern appear all the time on this board.

Ken

Old 07-29-2014, 08:47 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:

Ken
Yeah not just because it is not happening to you does not mean it is not happening to begin with.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yeah not just because it is not happening to you does not mean it is not happening to begin with.
Says they guy who is who's nearly 300 miles from the border.

The bullsh*t you guys spin is just not the way it is. I know, because I'm HERE.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies