Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 10:50 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Then you are talking about special need kids who need special chairs. Most kids don't bounce around moving their hands and feet while sitting.
No, I'm not talking about special needs kids. I'm talking about smart, normal, healthy, active kids. This is a dumb argument we are having over small details that really aren't all that relevant to the topic at hand.

Back on topic: What do you think of Michelle Obama's school lunch program? Do you have any personal experience with it? Have you seen the menu or seen what a tray of food looks like? Do you think the food is healthy? Do you think it is going to make a dent in the obesity epidemic? or are we just throwing money and "feel good" emotions at a problem without coming up with any real solutions?

Last edited by MissTerri; 07-17-2014 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No, I'm not talking about special needs kids. I'm talking about smart, normal, healthy, active kids. This is a dumb argument we are having over small details that really isn't all that relevant to the topic at hand.

Back on topic: What do you think of Michelle Obama's school lunch program? Do you have any personal experience with it? Have you seen the menu or seen what a tray of food looks like? Do you think the food is healthy? Do you think it is going to make a dent in the obesity epidemic? or are we just throwing money and "feel good" emotions at a problem without coming up with any real solutions?
Sorry, but what you described are for special need kids. But back to topic...why do parents rely on schools to provide lunch. Pack your kids lunch and there is no gripe.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Aren't school lunches welfare? Handouts? Food stamps for kids?

Why are all these conservatives whining? Brown bag your kids lunches for Christ's sake or provide them with money so they can buy their lunches with cash

I went to public school for 4 years and I never got free or reduced lunch even though we qualified because we were low income. I find it extremely morally wrong to get free food if I can afford to buy it. Just like I never throw away food. I can deal with a lot of things but stealing food is disgusting, especially if it comes from a government program that can eventually fail if people continue to abuse it.

Don't you all Obama-haters have budgets for food? Why are you expecting government handouts? That doesn't make sense.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but what you described are for special need kids. But back to topic...why do parents rely on schools to provide lunch. Pack your kids lunch and there is no gripe.
Not in my experience, maybe in yours.

Are you saying that we should get rid of the school lunch program all together?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri;35700053[B
]Not in my experience, maybe in yours. [/b]

Are you saying that we should get rid of the school lunch program all together?
Seriously, you think special balls and exercise chairs are normal in a classroom. My sister is a special ed teacher and they have that in their classroom. What I am saying is pack your kids lunch if you don't like what they offer.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Seriously, you think special balls and exercise chairs are normal in a classroom. My sister is a special ed teacher and they have that in their classroom. What I am saying is pack your kids lunch if you don't like what they offer.
You are trying really hard to make this whole thing personal when it's not. This is a government program that we all as taxpayers are funding. Telling individuals to pack their kids lunches (fyi, I do pack my kid's lunch if your comment is directed at me) isn't going to change the fact that we are throwing money at this program for what? Is it really doing anything? Or does it just exist to make people feel like they are doing something?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Mrs. Obama Declares War on Chick-fil-A - Todd Starnes - Page 1

Just another liberal trying to control your life.
You are free to send your kid to school with whatever food you want.

Schools are already open-air prisons, what's on the lunch menu is the least of concerns.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
How fitting......Chick-Fil-A uses cows in their advertising and well, big butt Moochelle is pretty much an overweight cow! LOL.
Wow, you're mighty clever in a sophomoric kind of way. Did you dream that one up all by yourself, or did you have your five year old help you?
You should team up with the MichellO , butt full of Jello poster.
Nothing like denigrating a woman's looks to get them on your side. I'd love to see what YOU look like. Perfect, no doubt.....

Then you wonder why you don't win more of the womens vote. It's a mystery.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:07 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
She's not trying to control my life. You should edit your OP to reflect the facts. I disagree with her on this issue, and if I had school aged children, I'd pack their lunches. Problem solved.
So you'd just put your tail between your legs and hide!!

Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Mrs. Obama Declares War on Chick-fil-A - Todd Starnes - Page 1

Just another liberal trying to control your life.
Welcome to the twisted world of the liberal progs. They want government to decide for us what we may eat, and what we shall not eat. In other words, these progs admit that they are too ignorant to feed themselves, and require the likes of Michelle Obama and some nameless, faceless bureaucrats, in a far away office somewhere, to tell them what to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies