Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:14 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I constantly see liberals label themselves and the Democratic Party as "open to all" and "tolerant." Where does that even come from?
Very good question. My post in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll give 10 examples of the racist and racially/ethnically stereotypical comments Democrats have made. Many of them are big name Democrats, too:

"The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years." — Louis Farrakhan who campaigned for Democratic congresswoman Cynthia McKinney in 2002, City College audience in New York
Collection of Farrakhan's racist quotes: Who is Louis Farrakhan?

"There are white n*ggers. I’ve seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time." - Former Klansman and Democratic US Senator Robert Byrd in March of 2001
Sen. Byrd Apologizes for Racial Epithet - ABC News

Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as "Hymies" and to NYC as "Hymietown" during his 1984 presidential campaign.
Washingtonpost.com Special Report

"A few years ago, (Barack Obama) would have been getting us coffee." "The only reason you are endorsing him (Obama) is because he's black. Let's just be clear."- Bill Clinton to Ted Kennedy
Bill Clinton told Ted Kennedy that Obama 'would be getting us coffee' a few years ago: 'Game Change' - NY Daily News

Harry Reid on Obama: Obama, as a black candidate, could be successful thanks, in part, to his "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."
Reid apologizes for racial remarks about Obama during campaign - CNN.com

"I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia [Sen. Robert C. Byrd, a former Ku Klux Klan recruiter] that he would have been a great senator at any moment. . . . He would have been right during the great conflict of civil war in this nation." - Democratic US Senator Christopher Dodd in 2004
Dodd Says He Regrets 'Poor Choice Of Words' - NYTimes.com

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man." - current US VP, Joe Biden
A Dubious Compliment - Top 10 Joe Biden Gaffes - TIME

"We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops. They ought to go." - ex-Washington, D.C. mayor, Marion Barry
'We've got to do something about these Asians coming in': Marion Barry sparks race row | Mail Online

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person..." - Barack Obama
Obama 'Typical White Person' Comment Delights Clinton Aides - US News

And this one is important because it exposes the lie, and the fact that many of you have been duped and manipulated for votes:

"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." - Mary Frances Berry, former chairwoman of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights under President Bill Clinton
Dyson: Far-Right Addicted to Paranoia About Race - CBS News

Old 07-17-2014, 06:18 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Take a look at the state with the highest percent of interracial marriages. The hard core Tea Party states seem to have a low percentage of interracial marriages. So if you are a Tea Partier and open minded for some reason you decide not to marry outside your race...Explain that if you are a Tea Partier.

U.S. rate of interracial marriage hits record high
How come these liberals states have the most segregated schools?

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

How come this liberal county in a hardcore liberal state is showing an achievement gap within their races?
In Montgomery schools, achievement gap widens in some areas, drawing criticism - The Washington Post

Old 07-17-2014, 06:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Yes, liberals are more tolerant and open-minded than conservatives and how John Kennedy defined liberals back in 1960 is just as valid and current today:

Quote:
What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.
Accepting the NY Liberal Party Nomination, 1960 . JFK . WGBH American Experience | PBS

Old 07-17-2014, 06:33 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
I constantly see liberals label themselves and the Democratic Party as "open to all" and "tolerant." Where does that even come from? Because from what I have seen, they are close minded and hateful to those who disagree with their views.
If this is not the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. For the past 15 years the Republicans, and especially since the advent of the Tea Party faction, have been undergoing a purge of all those that do not keep the ultra-conservative faith. Unless you tow that ultra-conservative line within the Repubs, forget about having any chance of getting that party's nomination for just about any office. The Republicans are in danger of becoming less a political party and more like a focus group or political club.

The Democratic party at least still has diversity of beliefs. The Democratic party is much more dynamic. Liberals are not perfect, but when it comes to hate or intolerance, you "conservatives" need to read your own posts. More mean spirited posts I have never read.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:28 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Neither side of the political aisle is tolerant. Pew's massive survey of 10,000 Americans released in April of this year, Political Polarization in the American Public, reported that "Republicans and Democrats are more divided along ideological lines — and partisan antipathy is deeper and more extensive — than at any point in the last two decades."

But everyone already knew that. American politics is increasingly driven by a small group of highly ideological, highly partisan, highly political people. There hasn't been a moment since surveys began when the two parties were found to hate each other this much.

Tolerance is gone, probably forever.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM

409 posts, read 258,686 times
Only if you vote for them.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:30 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
an example would be nice.
Secure borders
Free markets
Limited and well defined of the powers of government
A immigration that benefits America not just business or parties
School Choice
Limited Regulation and a tax system that does not stifle business
Cheap energy
Entrancement not rejection of American exceptionalism
Support and Defense of the 2nd Amendment

Now if they would only follow them and not use them as sound bits to be elected..

Old 07-17-2014, 11:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
I constantly see liberals label themselves and the Democratic Party as "open to all" and "tolerant." Where does that even come from? Because from what I have seen, they are close minded and hateful to those who disagree with their views.
I cannot speak for anyone else and while Liberal leaning and labeled by the right as such but not a Dem I can only say I am very tolerant and open minded of other cultures, races, genders, beliefs etc......
BUT I do admit that I have a low/ZERO tolerance for ignorant racists and radical far right nut jobs that claim they are "Patriots", have been banned from this board more than once proves to me they are best ignored for the most part but well sometimes one just has to say what needs to be said, d*mn the consequences. I would add one thing, do not make the mistake that because Liberals tend to be more tolerant of others that it means they are Pacifists, assuming such nonsense could be a big mistake in the real world.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:47 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Secure borders
Free markets
Limited and well defined of the powers of government
A immigration that benefits America not just business or parties
School Choice
Limited Regulation and a tax system that does not stifle business
Cheap energy
Entrancement not rejection of American exceptionalism
Support and Defense of the 2nd Amendment

Now if they would only follow them and not use them as sound bits to be elected..
Those are some fine platitudes you have there. Mighty fine.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Those are some fine platitudes you have there. Mighty fine.
Once again your opinion does not altar reality..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies