Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You are aware those laws did not stop the newtown shooter, he stole his firearms..

How is sensible to lose you rights for crimes you did not commit?

How is a good thing to requrie permission to exercise a right?

You want to wait to buy a firearm? Fine YOU wait.
You want a background check to be a firearm? Fine YOU under go on.
You don`t want to own a 30 round mag? Fine YOU dont own one...

How can a person care so little about their rights.
I am a gun owner. Love my 1911. I wouldn't own anything but a 1911 for a side arm. I have several rifles. No alleged assaults rifles. Just not my thing. I have an old Ithica model 37 shot gun in 12 gauge. I used to own a Saiga and it was a lot of fun to shoot.
I also have no issue with back ground checks. I wouldn't care if it were required on all weapons purchases.
I had no issue with the waiting period. Didn't bother me at all.
The Mag thing? Shrug no big deal. To each their own.
You're right. These laws most likely prevented very few murders or other crimes. I honestly don't know.
I am more for shrinks having to report to the police anyone who poses a threat to society. A PFA gets your guns taken away. No trial, no hearing, just gone until the PFA expires or is lifted. We all know pissed people will lie to the police to get even with the ex. It happens. Why shouldn't shrinks have to report dangerous patients?
I agree with you, but I also can see the other side. 30 round mags means less pauses to reload. A good shooter really doesn't need more than a second or 2 to reload. 10 or 30 people are dead. For home defense? If a shooter needs 30 rounds to defend their home I am sad for that shooter. Maybe they need a shotgun?
I detest any law that punishes people even though they have not broken any laws. I detest people who have never owned or fired a weapon trying to pretend they understand the nature of the weapon. I also disagree with the NRA and the way they will misrepresent things to get donations. I am no longer a member for that reason.
Many Democrats are also gun owners. No politician is going to risk re-election in a state where gun ownership is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 02:18 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
This Executive Order was for increased sanctions on about 10 foreign nationals and 20 companies (banks, technology firms, military manufacturers) because of Russia's intervention in the Ukraine, the paranoia about losing guns is once again overstated.

Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List

Old 07-18-2014, 02:40 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
That dang Obama ain't gonna take my guns!!

Old 07-18-2014, 06:29 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am a gun owner. Love my 1911. I wouldn't own anything but a 1911 for a side arm. I have several rifles. No alleged assaults rifles. Just not my thing. I have an old Ithica model 37 shot gun in 12 gauge. I used to own a Saiga and it was a lot of fun to shoot.
Hey that is great to each his own, I would never tell another man to own in the way of arms or how to live his life.

Quote:
I also have no issue with back ground checks. I wouldn't care if it were required on all weapons purchases.
Just because you do not does not mean others don`t, it is major issue with the 4th 5th 9th and 10th Amendments.

Quote:
I had no issue with the waiting period. Didn't bother me at all.
Just because you do not does not mean others don`t, it is major issue with the 4th 5th 9th and 10th Amendments.

Furthermore tell that a women who is being staked by a ex boyfriend or lives in a bad area, tell he she has to wait 3 to 5 days to not be a victim..

Quote:
The Mag thing? Shrug no big deal. To each their own.
Well do you it is not a issue to me it is, others want to take them away, by default I have to be involed and highly proactive.

Quote:
You're right. These laws most likely prevented very few murders or other crimes.
So why do you support them?

Quote:
I honestly don't know.
I am more for shrinks having to report to the police anyone who poses a threat to society.
A PFA gets your guns taken away. No trial, no hearing, just gone until the PFA expires or is lifted. We all know pissed people will lie to the police to get even with the ex. It happens. Why shouldn't shrinks have to report dangerous patients?
What are the means of legal recourse when those powers are abused? And they will be.

You are OK with people losing their rights based on a claim that are dangerous, a claim, a rumor and a accusation, nothing more?

Quote:
I agree with you, but I also can see the other side. 30 round mags means less pauses to reload. A good shooter really doesn't need more than a second or 2 to reload. 10 or 30 people are dead. For home defense? If a shooter needs 30 rounds to defend their home I am sad for that shooter. Maybe they need a shotgun?
He feel sad for a guy he has the tool he needed to defend him self? Or feel glad that he had the means to do so?

The shotgun myth is very very very busted..But a magazine fed Saiga shotgun is great for the role.

Quote:
I detest any law that punishes people even though they have not broken any laws.
So why do you support more of them?

Quote:
I detest people who have never owned or fired a weapon trying to pretend they understand the nature of the weapon.
Be smarter then them and expose them when they go full retard, or take a few fence sitters to the range with you, convent them to the side of logic and reason.

Quote:
I also disagree with the NRA and the way they will misrepresent things to get donations. I am no longer a member for that reason.
Hey they could do a better job, they could also lead the charge to get rid of laws on the books that limit our rights such as the Hughes Amendment.

Quote:
Many Democrats are also gun owners. No politician is going to risk re-election in a state where gun ownership is important.
Then why do they support the Democratic Party which since 1865 have been infringing on the 2nd Amendment?

That is like a Black Man support the KKK

Or a Jew supporting the Nazi Party It is not in their best interest to do so..

Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
That dang Obama ain't gonna take my guns!!

Why did you post that?

Old 07-18-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This Executive Order was for increased sanctions on about 10 foreign nationals and 20 companies (banks, technology firms, military manufacturers) because of Russia's intervention in the Ukraine, the paranoia about losing guns is once again overstated.

Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List
We have lost a cheap, plentiful source of them..

How is that paranoia? That is a basic fact.

A supply has been cut, and the price will increase.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default BREAKING: Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kalashnikov (Saiga) Firearms

Good.

Now the shooting newbies can stop supporting Russia and buy American.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Good.

Now the shooting newbies can stop supporting Russia and buy American.
You are aware no one makes the Saiga 12 in this nation? Right?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You are aware no one makes the Saiga 12 in this nation? Right?
How will you survive witrhout a Saiga 12 this is brutal, maybe we should remove Russian gun manufacturers from the sanctions as that should be the priority.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How will you survive witrhout a Saiga 12 this is brutal, maybe we should remove Russian gun manufacturers from the sanctions as that should be the priority.
Nothing we do in the way of sanctions effects them, China does not care and trades with them, they dont care, it does not effect them. What a few Billionaires cant fly into Vegas? Oh yeah that effects them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies