Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 11:09 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey thanks for that info on the type of missile.
Actually, I just deleted it because in hindsight it was not a BOK11 missile that was portrayed in the movie. It was a heat seeker, not radar controlled. But both missiles work like a shotgun with a proximity fuse. The BOK works the same as the one in the movie except one is heat seeking and the other is radar controlled.

But thanks, anyway. I don't want to give false info as someone will call me on it for sure.

Actually, here is the actual clip of the missile and the shotgun effect upon detonation. You have to wade through a couple minutes of hollywood excitement but it does accurately show how the missile actually works when firing. A BOK11 would not have the maneuverability that the Strela heat seeker had though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8u_XzbSuQ

Last edited by mohawkx; 07-20-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 07-20-2014, 11:41 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Roberts is repeating Russian propaganda..
Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy in the Reagan Administration and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal Dr. Paul C. Roberts is a Putin's paid agent.
Thank you for a good laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
P.S. It's not "whatever". That's what a child says when he disagrees with adults and has no legitimate rebuttal.
Didn't you know that a child feels lie much better than adults, and without any rebuttal?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Actually, I just deleted it because in hindsight it was not a BOK11 missile that was portrayed in the movie. It was a heat seeker, not radar controlled. But both missiles work like a shotgun with a proximity fuse. The BOK works the same as the one in the movie except one is heat seeking and the other is radar controlled.

But thanks, anyway. I don't want to give false info as someone will call me on it for sure.

Actually, here is the actual clip of the missile and the shotgun effect upon detonation. You have to wade through a couple minutes of hollywood excitement but it does accurately show how the missile actually works when firing. A BOK11 would not have the maneuverability that the Strela heat seeker had though.

F-18 Superhornet Dodging Sam missles - YouTube
Sheet is all crazy anymore I don't even keep up. I used to but got lost. Heat seekers, damn rockets that have your name on em on and on anymore. lol

Back to the point..........somebody screwed up. That happens in combat. Why the US and the media is just all over it is beyond me. I guess 24 hour news cycles have to put something out.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:11 PM

599 posts, read 401,313 times
I really don't know what the U.S. and it's allies can do to punish those responsible for this. I imagine sanctions are in order which won't in my opinion solve a thing. None of this would have happened if Russia hadn't invaded Crimea and supplied the rebels.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I really don't know what the U.S. and it's allies can do to punish those responsible for this. I imagine sanctions are in order which won't in my opinion solve a thing. None of this would have happened if Russia hadn't invaded Crimea and supplied the rebels.
Yeah but folks won't want to look.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Wars always have collateral damage whether we like to admit it or not.
It was probably an accidental downing of a commercial plane.

Supposedly the airspace was closed so why wouldn't they think it was military in nature.

I've read stories about our military taking out entire villages of innocent people yet no one sanctioned us.
'Did We Just Kill A Kid?'

Old 07-20-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Supposedly the airspace was closed so why wouldn't they think it was military in nature.

I've read stories about our military taking out entire villages of innocent people yet no one sanctioned us.
War is not pretty.......once the media got in they try and make it so or wail about it. US is just like any other country when war is involved. We have seem to forgot that killing the other guy is the mission. Instead it's about feeling sorry for that other guy.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:43 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

What bothers me is that it appears Russia gave invasion-grade weaponry to a bunch of untrained goons who used them for terrorist attacks. It's like when Afghanistan gave safe haven to Al Qaeda who then attacked the World Trade Center. Mistakes happen in war, but when you give dangerous weapons to people who either can't use them properly or use them to kill innocent people, you should be held responsible.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:46 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
War is not pretty.......once the media got in they try and make it so or wail about it. US is just like any other country when war is involved. We have seem to forgot that killing the other guy is the mission. Instead it's about feeling sorry for that other guy.
Innocent civilians are not "the other guy", and killing is not the mission of a just war.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:16 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
What bothers me is that it appears Russia gave invasion-grade weaponry to a bunch of untrained goons who used them for terrorist attacks..
Putin is not so stupid as someone can think. There is no any real proof that Putin gave this kind of weapon to the rebels. A heavy rainfall of allegations and persistent blames that amply pouring from MSM are not a fact proving Putin did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies