Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:31 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
You are thinking about the wrong problem. The Va. Tech shooting, the worst college mass shooting in US history, was done with handguns.

There is no reason to believe the outcome of Sandy Hook would have been any different if the shooter used handguns instead of an AR-15 rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The problem is mentally ill people.[/QUOTE]

The problem is not the mentally ill. It's the mentally ill having easy access to guns. That is the problem.
No that is not the problem. Its mentally ill people being allow to carrying out these acts uncontested..Why do think they always choice Gun Free Zones?

We are not going to have rights and freedoms limited, altered, infringed upon, or abolished do to the actions of criminals, But nothing..

You want to give up your rights? Fine, Move overseas and renounce your citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 10:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Oh no. I am against any gun ban but we have to have background checks.
We already have federal background checks for the purchase of firearms.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Oh no. I am against any gun ban but we have to have background checks.
We all ready do, they just pass them because they have not do anything before hand to prove as a reason not to not sell to them..

We have background checks we have since the early 90`s.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
We already have adequate gun laws on the books. The problem is they aren't enforced. Get the laws you have now on the books enforced before you start adding more.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
We already have adequate gun laws on the books. The problem is they aren't enforced. Get the laws you have now on the books enforced before you start adding more.
No, we have too many, Get rid of the NFA of 1934, The Gun Control Act of 1968, The Hughes Amendment of 1986, ect...

Ever think the laws we have are unenforceable?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
you just keep coming and coming.
The battle against ignorance is never finished.
Quote:
I have things I need to do, but I hope one day to respond to your above post.
Wow, that is brilliant! LOL.

I have a quick question for you though, re your last post. You said that when we see a .22 rifle, we think of hunting small game. When we see a shotgun, we think of hunting birds. However, when we see a scary "assault rifle".... we think of nothing but mass murder. My question to you is, what about a rifle similar to say, the S&W M&P 15-22. That's a .22 rifle that looks like a scary "assault rifle"..... should that one be banned, even though it's just an itty bitty .22 that makes us think of the good ole days out in the filed hunting squirrels with Papa?

I'll be awaiting your reply, { that is, when you find the time }

See, this is why gun control fails.... It doesn't make any sense! The entire gun control platform is built on a house of cards just waiting for someone with the intellect of a rat to come along and tip it over.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
The problem is not the mentally ill. It's the mentally ill having easy access to guns. That is the problem.
Agreed Natalie. Good show. Perhaps first and foremost, we ought to start with granting more funding to states so they can properly report disqualifying mental health records to the NICS system, with strong sanctions against those states who do not.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

I have a quick question for you though, re your last post. You said that when we see a .22 rifle, we think of hunting small game. When we see a shotgun, we think of hunting birds. However, when we see a scary "assault rifle".... we think of nothing but mass murder. My question to you is, what about a rifle similar to say, the S&W M&P 15-22. That's a .22 rifle that looks like a scary "assault rifle"..... should that one be banned, even though it's just an itty bitty .22 that makes us think of the good ole days out in the filed hunting squirrels with Papa?

See, this is why gun control fails.... It doesn't make any sense! The entire gun control platform is built on a house of cards just waiting for someone with the intellect of a rat to come along and tip it over.
Whipper post pic in your post..

Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Please post pic of these makes and models so he knows how wrong he is.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Whipper post pic in your post..
Didn't post a pic because it would probably be deleted for a copyright violation.

Here's a link though:

http://www.google.com/search?q=S%26W...og&sa=N&tab=wi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies