Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Can't you discuss without a stupid posting lol
When you can make a point, you make a durp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 10:54 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
When you can make a point, you make a durp.
What the heck is a durp lol

Old 07-20-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What the heck is a durp lol

Urban Dictionary: durp
A durp is something you say if you dont have anything else to say.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
BREAKING: IL Gov. Quinn Calls for State Mag Cap and "Assault Rifle" Ban | The Truth About Guns

So because criminals do not care and obey the law, everyone else needs to suffer by having their rights infringed upon?

Because some people cant behave we all have to lose our rights?

Thank you Gov Quinn for proving leftist can never be trusted with any power at any time, for any reason.
Strange that he wants to ban ARs because they have been used over and over to kill people, according to him, yet the statistics prove just the opposite and I would remind him that some of the few shootings that have taken place where AR's were involved either happened while there was a ban in that state or was done by someone that did not own the weapon. Stupid laws like this will do apsolutely nothing to stem the tide of violence in Ill, since most of the shootings are committed by criminals that could not care less what his law says. How on earth does he plan and keeping people from going to the state next door and buying all the mags they want, he can't. The only point to this law is to pander to the idiots that believe they will somehow be safer with another law in place, I wonder how long it will take for them to figure out they are dead wrong.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:54 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
I'm just curious why the hell a person needs an assault weapon for in their home? Does a handgun not suffice?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:12 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm just curious why the hell a person needs an assault weapon for in their home? Does a handgun not suffice?
Why does anyone "need" a semi-automatic weapon is a more fundamental question. I don't think that question has any importance at all by the way.

Semi-automatic rifles have been sold for a very long time. Hunters and hobbyists have had them. The "assault rifle" everyone talks about is just a military styled version of a semi-automatic rifle. It shoots the same kinds of ammunition, at the same rate, as other semi-automatic rifles. AR-15 style rifles look cool and are fun to use. In Texas lots of ranch owners like them because they are particular effective dealing with wild hogs (that run in packs).

Why have shotguns that have 5 shells been allowed?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:25 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
Quote:
You haven't watched the video I posted have you? You need to get out more.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:21 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
I'm just curious why the hell a person needs an assault weapon for in their home? ?
Look, I could sit here and give you all the usual talking points.... " not a bill of needs, it's a bill of Rights," etc. I won't do that though.....

Instead I'll say this: If you think banning "assault rifles" is such a necessity and will be such a benefit to public safety, the onerous of proof is on YOU not US, to show why we don't need or shouldn't have what you call an "Assault Weapon /Rifle"...... You are going to have a pretty difficult time doing this though, unless, as all gun control advocates do, you build your argument on raw emotion. Factually and statistically however, you have no case. Mass shootings make up less than 1/10th of 1% of all crime in this country, and despite what lame stream media would have you believe, the frequency in which they occur has remained static. Rifles, of ANY type mind you, { not just scary "assault rifles" } are used in less than 400 out of the 12,000 murders that occur every year where a firearm was used.
Quote:
Does a handgun not suffice?
Guess what firearm IS used the most in criminal enterprise? Can you guess? That's right, HANDGUNS..... So, if your concern is truly public safety, I'm genuinely confused as to why you would recommend the firearm that is the preferred choice of criminals as an alternative to a firearm that is barely ever used?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
A semi automatic firearm is not a "Assault weapon".

Because it is the best possible tool for the job.

Semi Auto rifle that is magazine fed and can be customized to the users body size and needs so for more effective tool then a pistol which lacks the stability for the lack of a stock and rounds lack the stopping power to stop criminal who are high on adrenaline or on pain suppressing drugs..

Furthermore when have you ever heard of a person having a tool that to too effective for the job?

Is it better to have right too for the right job then have one that is sub stranded for the defense of the greatest things in this world, your liberty, life, property and that of your family?

A few accounts of people defending themselves with the most effective tools.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its the same reason why you can sell guns that are older now, they were grandfathered in. Ever seen pawn stars?
What does Pawn Stars have to do with anything?

One thing I can tell you with 100% certainty about the Gold & Silver pawn shop is that they are NOT a FFL. They can ONLY take firearms made prior to 1898, as such arms aren't considered firearms according to the BATFE.

And what happens at a pawn shop has nothing to do with the grandfathering verbiage in gun laws anyway, so I don't even understand what point you were trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies