Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 11:11 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Are you paid to post here?
That could well explain Mr. Gretsky's numerous posts citing publications that are either just fear mongering hype or compendiums of some of the most creative right wing whacko ideas that I have ever seen. He must spend hours on the Internet digging up this stuff. The organizaqtion, CFACT, quoted in the OP, was founded by some guy with a degree in political science. CFACT's associates include family doctors, civil engineers, individuals with PhD's in fields they are too shy to tell us about, and one lone individual who claims to have a PhD in climate science. Gee, I'm ever so impressed. My part of Colorado is enduring the worst drought we seen here for years and this drought has been going on for 5 years and shows no signs of breaking any time soon. We did get .3 inch of rain here a week back. By Mr. Gretsky's and his friends' thinking, Colorado ranchers around here should all be line dancing and praising god. We are not. Instead we are worried that we may not be able to get in that all-important 3rd cutting of hay which will make or break the 2014 season. Gee, maybe we'll get an inch of rain sometime this month and all will be well. Not. I hear-by issue a personal invitation to Mr. Gretsky to come inspect the ranches and farms of SW Colorado. I'd be delighted to show him what's really going on here, if he can tear himself away from his addiction to yellow journalism put out by 3rd rate rags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 11:28 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT part of G-L-O-B-A-L is it you find so confusing and difficult to grasp?

ONE day's temp at ONE spot on the globe means NOTHING one way or another in respect to global warming.

WHAT were the temps at say 1,000 equally spaced spots around the globe that day and every day for the past let's say 50 years?

Temperatures are related to what? You say global warming, I say weather, climate, season. So going by what temperatures are in designated areas, ( probably cherry picked data to get your agenda moving forward) some how proves the climate/warming conspiracy theory some how!?

So in your own words, technically, "ONE day's temp at MANY spots on the globe means NOTHING one way or another in respect to global warming."

Old 08-09-2014, 11:31 AM

27,127 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I know..I know...its the big bad climate change monster but don't worry Godzilla Gore Jr. will save us..

British Antarctic Survey trapped without power during record cold -55.4° C

The summer of 2014 has been one of the mildest on the books — and could be the first summer in a decade without a heatwave.

Summer 2014 is the coldest in a decade | New York Post

Let us also not forget;

Old 08-09-2014, 11:41 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times
Quote:
Where is 'here'?

And what percentage of the globe's surface does 'here' represent?

And what makes you think one summer 'here' is representative of global anything?
Same reason that makes AGW believers think that 150 years of warming since the end of an ice age is the result of human produced CO2

Old 08-09-2014, 11:50 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Let us also not forget;

What do they think it is, marshmallows? LOL

Old 08-09-2014, 08:38 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times
The Earth has natural heating/cooling cycles. This is a normal heating cycle. In Missouri, this is one of the coolest summers we have had for years. Also one of the driest.
It was very hot here in the 1930s, the 1950s, the 1980s and 2008-2012. In between were years of very cool weather. About every 10 years almost exactly, we have floods.
The hot spells have not been any hotter than the older hot spells. The cool spells are not any colder than the older ones.
If you look back on the droughts out west, they have run in cycles. And they are trying to graze more and more livestock on the same acreage. So there is more loss.
Also the reason the fires get more press is because more people have built in the natural fire zones. Those areas naturally burn off every so many years in a cycle.
Just like there is more press about floods because more people are building in natural flood zones.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Yeah, like this is all normal.

27 Powerful Photos That Show The Reality Of Climate Change Today

Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,725 times
Quote:
Yeah, like this is all normal.
Yeah..like this has never happened before..

Old 08-10-2014, 04:26 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Are you paid to post here?
I've started to wonder if the whole $500 prize thing has inspired people to pander to the retarded right.

All you need to do is take an obnoxious superior tone while repeatedly demonstrating your ignorance of how climate change works and you're likely to get reps from the other ignorant irrational righties, who seem to be the majority here.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Not to worry, perhaps someday you'll leave the kingdom of the fooled.

You might start by learning the meaning of G-L-O-B-A-L, eh?
Global climate has and is always changing. Th question is , is it man made or natural process. I have seen, nothing that tells me what percent of climate change is caused by man compare to what percent is just nature .the ice age receded was it caused by man? No . I see global Warmers an a economic industry to make money for believers of man made global warming. Liberals using fear to use capitalism to make money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies