Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:05 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,257,846 times

Advertisements

If my place of employment started that? I would say fine, I will **** and **** my pants in my cube. And when my co-workers around me start complaining about the stench, I will point them to the new co. policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
What happens to someone with Diabetes that has more then one bathroom break a day?

News, That's what a union contends the manufacturer is pulling: timing bathroom breaks and warning employees when they can't beat the clock.

The union, Teamsters local 743, filed a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board claiming WaterSaver unfairly disciplined 19 workers in June for "excessive use" of washrooms.

Company limits bathroom breaks to 6 minutes a day - Jul. 15, 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:18 AM

17,631 posts, read 17,717,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If you need more than 66 minutes out of 9 hours then you need to see a doctor and get a note to take of your business.
Try reading the news article. It's not 66 minutes in 9 hours. It's 6 minutes a work day.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Try reading the news article. It's not 66 minutes in 9 hours. It's 6 minutes a work day.
They get 60 minutes of break time and are allotted 6 extra minutes of bathroom time.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-18-2014 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Discuss the topic only

Old 07-18-2014, 09:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and if you are under a doctors care, and because you have advanced stage kidney disease you have issues with diarrhea because you body doesnt process fluids normally, or diabetes that is uncontrolled and the body over processes fluids because it is constantly telling you that you are thirsty, and yet you are under a doctors care?
Guess you MISSED where I posted GET A DAMN DOCTORS NOTE. That will cover you no matter what state you work in.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM

24,434 posts, read 23,098,542 times
We had lunch at a favorite place the other day and the hostess or manager told the grill chef to put away the cell phone. She wasn't nasty about it but I would have been. You're working a job, put the freaking cell phone away, idiot! I think cell phones are a major loss of productivity. I see some people walking by and reading texts like its a compulsion while on the job.
When I was younger I pretty much avoided using the bathroom at work. I just never had to go. Now I'm on some blood pressure medicine and it kicks in and I usually have to go. I try to time it when I'm on break or on lunch so its no big deal. But if you have to go its not always when you want to.
I see managers taking snack breaks and others taking talk breaks and back in the day smoke breaks were common. So we're all guilty of some form of time stealing.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,738,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
What happens to someone with Diabetes that has more then one bathroom break a day?

News, That's what a union contends the manufacturer is pulling: timing bathroom breaks and warning employees when they can't beat the clock.

The union, Teamsters local 743, filed a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board claiming WaterSaver unfairly disciplined 19 workers in June for "excessive use" of washrooms.

Company limits bathroom breaks to 6 minutes a day - Jul. 15, 2014
So you just take some union's word ?

There are two sides to this story.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
We were doing repack which is incredibly boring. You work 1 hour then take 30 minute break. I had 2 people out of 24 who would sit in the break room the entire break BSing. Then when it was time to go back to work they would head for the bathrooms. When confronted they claimed they couldn't help it they needed to go. Now they would take an additional 20 minutes to do their bathroom business...
They were also the 2 laziest people on the crew.
I advised them to either go home sick and return with a doctor's excuse explaining that they had idiot butts that didn't know until the last second that they needed to take a dump or start using the break time. Suddenly their butts didn't need to toilet only after breaks.
It is a shame that any supervisor needs to play kindergarten teacher with adult employees, but you always have a few. In my experience big companies are extremely reactionary. It takes a lot of abuse of policy to trigger a change in policy.
Cellphones. Where I work no camera's are allowed on the floor. Virtually all cellphones today have a built in camera. You would swear people are being denied the right to food the way they behave when confronted about a cellphone on the floor. We have 2 phones on each line in case of emergency. Your family can call at any time if it is an emergency. You can use the pay phones in every break room to call home during break.from working in a big factory I can understand why a company would do what the one in the OP did. You always have people abusing the system. You can't single them out because they cry about that too.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
So those with ibs or bladder issues etc can just **** and **** their pants. I'm sure Mr ceo would love that.
Those with IBS or bladder issues can seek accommodation under ADA. So can diabetics, people with ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, pregnant women, etc., just by getting a doctor's note. If you have issues like that you should be under a doctor's care anyway. The company isn't really upset about them, they are frustrated at the ones loitering in the bathroom texting, playing games, or making comments on forums like this one.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Those with IBS or bladder issues can seek accommodation under ADA. So can diabetics, people with ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, pregnant women, etc., just by getting a doctor's note. If you have issues like that you should be under a doctor's care anyway. The company isn't really upset about them, they are frustrated at the ones loitering in the bathroom texting, playing games, or making comments on forums like this one.
I think based on some of the posts that we have some chronic bathroom violators on this forum. LOL

Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 AM

25,852 posts, read 16,549,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Guess you MISSED where I posted GET A DAMN DOCTORS NOTE. That will cover you no matter what state you work in.
Your hatred of unions makes it impossible for you to see this simple subject clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies