Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Your hatred of unions makes it impossible for you to see this simple subject clearly.
And some peoples hatred of corporations makes it impossible to see that no company makes a change in policy for no reason. Especially about bathroom breaks. A simple doctors excuse is all that is needed if you have a valid medical condition. Otherwise use the toilet on one of your normal breaks. What is the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:49 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And some peoples hatred of corporations makes it impossible to see that no company makes a change in policy for no reason. Especially about bathroom breaks. A simple doctors excuse is all that is needed if you have a valid medical condition. Otherwise use the toilet on one of your normal breaks. What is the big deal?
Even more simple, and freedom loving, is having an employers NOT monitor your bathroom time but time away from your station. If someone specific is gone more that they are there they should figure out why and see if there is a legitimate reason and an accommodation that can me made....or a less happy resolution due to the job and the person not being a good fit.

When you get the point where you are gleeful over giving your blood, urine and "Dr notes" to everyone you have lost your grip and are no longer thinking clearly. I'm speaking of drug testing here too. Man, talk about nannyism.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Even more simple, and freedom loving, is having an employers NOT monitor your bathroom time but time away from your station. If someone specific is gone more that they are there they should figure out why and see if there is a legitimate reason and an accommodation that can me made....or a less happy resolution due to the job and the person not being a good fit.

When you get the point where you are gleeful over giving your blood, urine and "Dr notes" to everyone you have lost your grip and are no longer thinking clearly. I'm speaking of drug testing here too. Man, talk about nannyism.
In a perfect world you would be right. The reality is that the second you single someone out they cry abuse. They cry you are picking on them. Companies are forced to make policy that covers everyone for the sins of the few. Either do it that way or face a lawsuit. Blame the lawyers for that. I would say at least half of my training focuses on policy and the why behind it. The company I work for tries to be principle based. You show me a slacker and I'll show you someone trying to manipulate the system. Like I said before, I hate wasting time playing kindergarten teacher, I really do. Just show up and do the damn job. We used to have internet at work. You guessed it, it was misused to the point where the company made it so only certain people could access it for company business. Where I work you aren't allowed to tell some they can't go to the bathroom. Not ever. That said if they become a problem you can pursue it as a performance issue. When you do they get a lawyer because no policy clearly stated that they were supposed to use the bathroom on the break time they are provided. People and lawyers cause corporations to make these policies.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Our issuance company tells us to drug test once a year and one surprise test anytime.

We have no choice.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:30 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times
I wonder if the workers feel like they are back in grade school. I don't know why you just don't fire people thank waste time.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:37 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Our issuance company tells us to drug test once a year and one surprise test anytime.

We have no choice.

It SHOULD be YOUR choice! A business owner such as yourself should not be hamstrung by a God damn insurance company! Further proof that we the people truly don't anything! My wife's company is the same way. They nicotine test new hires, and tobacco is LEGAL for anyone 18 and over to purchase and consume! What a racket! The insurance companies chose their line of business so too bad!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I wonder if the workers feel like they are back in grade school. I don't know why you just don't fire people thank waste time.

Exactly! I work for a small company, and best believe if i screw up, I or any other employee that screws up gets singled out at times! But, in today's PC world where insurance companies, and attorneys run the show, we can't offend anyone, now can we?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:00 PM

49 posts, read 39,334 times
Um, what if you're a female on your period? A six minute bathroom break for the whole day would not be sufficed. This rule is extreme. People's welfare comes before companies. I am amazed that some people fight so hard for the wealthiest people in the nation, like they need saving.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPrevails View Post
Um, what if you're a female on your period? A six minute bathroom break for the whole day would not be sufficed. This rule is extreme. People's welfare comes before companies. I am amazed that some people fight so hard for the wealthiest people in the nation, like they need saving.

Because when the majority of folks are living paycheck to paycheck, they're desperate, and will blindly submit themselves to whatever policies (no matter how idiotic some are) that their employers implement, including the intrusion on the private lives of their employees, such as violating tests like drug, and nicotine tests. Hey, I have no issue playing by the rules of my employer while on their time, but leave me the hell alone in my private life! Thankfully, I work for a company that pretty much leaves us alone, so long as we're doing our job, and not allowing our personal lives to get in the way. In other words, showing up on time, not under the influence of anything, and completing the task at hand.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPrevails View Post
Pretty sure they get the free pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies