Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:29 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup. I'm in a grandfathered plan.
I have a high deductible plan.
Low premium and $5K out of pocket.

And that sure beats the Bronze plan for my area.
The premium under Obamacare is $200 over what I have and $1000 more out of pocket over what I have.

Americans got duped and got put into high premium (subsidies hide that fact), high deductible policies.
Keep in mind that more than 1/2 of Americans didn't even qualify for an ACA plan and were thrown into Medicaid; a program which was already busted and didn't work.

"Duped" is an understatement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 11:30 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You can't really blame the ACA for people not understanding the insurance they are buying.

My premiums did go up. I don't really pay higher deductibles before, of course my insurance didn't change that much. However the free check ups and stuff like that are awesome. Before it was like a 50 dollar copay just to go in and see a doctor for anything.
Excuse me but "people not understanding" was a HUGE part of the democrat rational to pass this stupid "reform" in the first place.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:31 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That was a bunch of contradictions rolled up in an enigma and surrounded by pompoms.

Of course you can blame the ACA for false advertising. See the thing about private enterprise is they go to jail for false advertising, for lying. The government just laughs and says "oops".

You say the free checkups are great, but if your premiums went up, they aren't free!

Oh, you pay higher deductibles... you just haven't been sick yet. The lowest deductible in the ACA is $3000 yr. That would be in the middle of the average range on private plans. $12,000 for bronze isn't even comparable to a HDHSA.

When all the weight of ACA slams down, the year Obama retires of course, Americans are in for a shock!
That's not true, the lowest deductible plan is $0/yr. What the ACA did was get rid of the high deductible plans.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:35 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's not true, the lowest deductible plan is $0/yr. What the ACA did was get rid of the high deductible plans.
I wonder why mine went to 3700.00 deductible, 90/10 up from 500.00 /100%

Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Excuse me but "people not understanding" was a HUGE part of the democrat rational to pass this stupid "reform" in the first place.
It didn't take long for your point to be proved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I wonder why mine went to 3700.00 deductible, 90/10 up from 500.00 /100%
You're trying to reason with parrots. All they can do is repeat what they want to believe.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-18-2014 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It didn't take long for your point to be proved.

You're trying to reason with parrots. All they can do is repeat what they want to believe.
Thanks! I thought HR might have missed something that we should all be getting

Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Imagine that. The definition of a good employer is one that controls your health insurance.

The defintion of a good government is one that controls your health insurance, your employment, your money, your job, your house, your car, your food...

You know, I think liberals really are petrified of having to think or do something on their own.
No, there are many other things that employers can be rated on, not just health insurance. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. However, good health insurance is one of the perks of working for a good company.

Nothing has changed in my health insurance, except the premium went up somewhat and the deductible went down significantly. What does that have to do with 'liberals petrified...having to think or do....'? My company offered several different plans; I chose one. Are things different at your place of employment?

As for your other hyperbole, all I can say is hahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, there are many other things that employers can be rated on, not just health insurance. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. However, good health insurance is one of the perks of working for a good company.

Nothing has changed in my health insurance, except the premium went up somewhat and the deductible went down significantly. What does that have to do with 'liberals petrified...having to think or do....'? My company offered several different plans; I chose one. Are things different at your place of employment?

As for your other hyperbole, all I can say is hahahahahahahahahaha!
Care to share some plan info? I'd love to send it down to HR and see if we can get on board!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Then please explain the $6K/$12K out of pocket costs ?

Those out of pocket costs are higher than my grandfathered high deductible plan ($5K).
When my son was still a minor under my plan I had a normal plan with a $500 out of pocket.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm not lying. All I can say is you must have sucky employers.

I can't help it if I work for a decent firm that values it's employees.

If you're not getting insurance through your employer, well, I don't know anything about that.

If you ARE getting insurance through your job, well, you should get another job! Quit whining! Just get a job that offers good health insurance!

Whining Conservatives! Probably lying about their insurance, anyway.
Nothing but babbling... that's one thing we all know!

You know what they say about someone who starts off with "I'm not lying"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies