Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:03 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
In Soviet Russia insurance doesn't understand you.
I thought the Soviets all got killed off in Red Dawn?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 02:13 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I believe you.

You're one of millions of winners under Ocare. Other people here are among the millions of losers. I believe them too.
How can you believe someone who says their deductible is $9-10 thousand when the ACA put limits on deductibles? Somewhere around $6K.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How can you believe someone who says their deductible is $9-10 thousand when the ACA put limits on deductibles? Somewhere around $6K.
You can have an HSA and High deductible plan and they have different numbers.
Over 13 million have a combination HSA/HDHP plan.

High-deductible health plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Health savings account - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-18-2014, 03:02 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
That's not true, the lowest deductible plan is $0/yr. What the ACA did was get rid of the high deductible plans.

good grief. go forth and study reality and stop listening to blather.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
good grief. go forth and study reality and stop listening to blather.
It looks like I'm one of the few still based in reality.

Go ahead, tell me there aren't any $0 plans around.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:20 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I'm not here to talk about the highest deductible I ever had in my life, the previously unheard of 50% coinsurance, or the high out-of-pocket maximums....all of which were worse than in the policy I liked but could not keep. And I'm not still looking for that elusive $2,500 reduction in annual premiums that the president promised us. Nope, I'm just here to share a hilarious article with everyone else who knew these things would happen:

New challenge for Obamacare: Enrollees who don

So could you staunch defenders stop the reflexive defense of this nasty worsening of our lousy system, and get to work on some things that will actually improve the situation?

Our HR lady just gave us a sneak peek at the 2015 rates. It will be the biggest change ever to our plans. No more gold no deductible plans. My monthly premium jumps from $85 to over $200 a month or even more if I don't pass a wellness exam. Thanks Obama!!

Old 07-18-2014, 03:31 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Our HR lady just gave us a sneak peek at the 2015 rates. It will be the biggest change ever to our plans. No more gold no deductible plans. My monthly premium jumps from $85 to over $200 a month or even more if I don't pass a wellness exam. Thanks Obama!!

"Jeff, it's your lucky day. You can move to one of the US territories, because I just exempted them from Obamacare. So buy that low-rider you've had your eye on, and ship it to Puerto Rico, the home of NO-bamacare! "

-- Barack Obama

Obama Exempted US Territories Obamacare Exempts HHS | The Daily Caller

Old 07-18-2014, 03:40 PM

332 posts, read 344,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
They ATTEMPTED amendments, but were shut out.
http://whitenoiseinsanity.com/wp-con...rebill2009.JPG

Some failed, many were passed. I'm sorry the conservative noise machine hypes you guys up for out and out lies.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
That's not true, the lowest deductible plan is $0/yr. What the ACA did was get rid of the high deductible plans.
Yep, there are a few $0 deductible plans.

Where'd you come up with Ocare getting rid of high deductible plans ? Unless you think $3,4,5,6 k deductibles are low.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm not lying. All I can say is you must have sucky employers.

I can't help it if I work for a decent firm that values it's employees.

If you're not getting insurance through your employer, well, I don't know anything about that.

If you ARE getting insurance through your job, well, you should get another job! Quit whining! Just get a job that offers good health insurance!

Whining Conservatives! Probably lying about their insurance, anyway.
What a damn stupid response. I'm self-employed, genius. Learn something before you speak otherwise you simply look and act the fool.

Edited to add that the rest of your posts since this one have proven that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies