Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 09:34 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you do think businesses should be punished for illegals. Do you also think that the punishment needs to be more severe because the current law isn't doing enough to stop business owners from hiring illegals?

Burn em all? Sorry kiddo, I have no interest in burning human beings like the Nazis....that is kind of sick minded thinking if you ask me.
LOL.............so now you want to change the law to punish those you think are evil? Good Lord gimme a break. Law is that.........the law. Hey you can go scream to congress to change it is you need to. Why don't you scream about the ILLEGALS?

"Burn em" was an antidote not reality. Reality is something liberals will never get.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're correct and it has to be proven that an employer has "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Many times these illegal aliens present authentic looking fake documents to gain employment or it is the personnel dept. that knew they were illegal but hired them anyway not the owner of the business themselves. I hold our government most accountable for this mess. They should have mandated e-verify for every business and enforced our immigration laws both at the border and internally but they didn't.
Corporations want to be people, then I have no problem punishing an owner for the actions of their company.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We were right next to I think it was sato cano airbase. Built a shower facility. I was in an engineer unit.
I have some family in Comayagua.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Like I said earlier in this post.............you break the law then you face it. Folks want to punish one other than the other though. Those "Illegals" are called that for a reason. You hire one knowing it then hey you should get punished too. Thing is those illegal folks shouldn't even be here in the first place to even be hired. Why is that so hard to understand?
I have no problem punishing both of them. but I am saying that if you threaten to punish business owners, the problem will simply go away.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Corporations want to be people, then I have no problem punishing an owner for the actions of their company.
Then all the stockholders go to jail????

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, we need to establish mandatory jail time for the heads of companies that hire illegals, no jobs=no illegals.
Except studies have shown that e-verify is only correct about half the time. My BIL employs thousands and he runs every employee through e-verify. The government comes knocking every few years to charge him fines for people who were verified through e-verify. So the government certifies them, and then charges the business owners fines with they trust the certification. Now you want to put him in jail?
I completely agree if they people are knowingly employing illegals, but many people are like my BIL, using e-verify and still ending up with some illegals.

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
You're correct and it has to be proven that an employer has "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. Many times these illegal aliens present authentic looking fake documents to gain employment or it is the personnel dept. that knew they were illegal but hired them anyway not the owner of the business themselves. I hold our government most accountable for this mess. They should have mandated e-verify for every business and enforced our immigration laws both at the border and internally but they didn't.
The I-9 system is a huge JOKE and doesn't work.

Faud is rampant, too rampant to even be regulated or monitored anymore.

The government is too big and too bloated to be effective anymore.
Yet they think only they can monitor this "situation".

And I give up hope that anything will change.
We'll never see another Eisenhower who will crack down on this.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
LOL.............so now you want to change the law to punish those you think are evil? Good Lord gimme a break. Law is that.........the law. Hey you can go scream to congress to change it is you need to. Why don't you scream about the ILLEGALS?

"Burn em" was an antidote not reality. Reality is something liberals will never get.
Clearly the current law isn't tough enough, it should be tougher, but you just want to give those sweet businesses a break for hiring illegals.

Oh I think illegals should be deported. We both agree with that one, but it seems you don't want to punish businesses more for hiring these illegals you hate so much.

I don't think your "burn em all" comment was an antidote, I think you meant it.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Eh I had a fake ID back in the day. Jumping on a business is not the way to go IMO. Like you say they fake documents and say hey here look I'm fine. Now if some business is pushing for illegals to work for em different story. My issue is with folks wanting to punish a business instead of tossing the illegal ones who are lying.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then all the stockholders go to jail????
Maybe, that would really crack down on illegals being hired. They want their corporation to be a person, then they should be punished like a person when they break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies